A horrible gaming community...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TriEdge7274

10-15-2012

Now hear me out before you go giving me a thumbs up or down.

I'm not claiming to be the greatest of players, but I really do enjoy League of Legend and I'm usually on when ever I can spare the time. With that in mind, I must say that the last few weeks, I have been given the unique opportunity to play with several abusive players, and have received my second 1 day ban. I will face this suspension with no hard feelings towards Riot or the Tribunal, as I know I deserve it.

So far, over half the time I'm matched up with pre-made teams (usually 3 or 4 players) and more often then not, I'm left to filling a role on the team I'm not comfortable with in order to keep the team balanced, such as jungling or a solo top/tank. Normally everyone has selected and instantly locked in their champs and/or declared where they shall be playing and with who. This often leads to me performing poorly, and instigates an array of insults from "noob" to "F***ing useless". Now one or two insults I can live with, because I know I'm not playing well and not having a great game.

But it doesn't stop there; like a snowball the insults usually turn to non-stop harassment from multiple players that last the entire game. And lately, it has pushed me to the point I have to walk out of the room or leave the game. Yes, yes, I know that's a violation to the summoner's code, and punishable by the Tribunal, and I hate having to do it. But I'm a human being as well and I should not have to sit at my screen and be abused in that manner.

But even when I buckle down and simply place them on ignore, I get thrown under the bus by my own team mates who don't help me at all, or leave me behind on purpose.

It's toxic players like that that seriously hinder me from starting the game again, and tempt me to simply uninstall the game completely. But as previously stated, I love playing League of Legends, and I don't think I can uninstall just yet.

So I ask, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to prevent situations like this? Or should this be all I ever have to look forward to?

And I' would also like to add I do not play ranked, and bots don't offer the challenge I'm looking for.

AeroWaffle

10-15-2012

My suggestion is to mute them when insults starts getting out of hand. People are going to be jerks, this game more then most. So long as you know that they are just being jerks, it takes the edge off,
Still report them, but mute them to get through the game.

Edit: Just remember, this is just a game. No matter how much they blame you, they're just creating a giant fuss over a video game.

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

I honestly agree with you, it's not worth playing if/when players do that, the only reason I ever sit through that myself is because I'm usually playing ranked and I'm trying to get a high elo, but with normals only giving half the leaver penalty I can garentee that if I haven't left a game in a long time (and I usually don't leave games) I would totally just get up and go make myself a smoothie or watch tv or something. One way to play through it though is that usually there's at least one player who is nice (sometimes there isn't, in that case I'd follow your current path and just leave the game) but if you can focus on that one friendly player then the game can still be fun, sometimes the friendly player is even an opponent!

EDIT: nice name, I like .hack// too lol

Positive Pablo

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriEdge7274 View Post
Now hear me out before you go giving me a thumbs up or down.

I'm not claiming to be the greatest of players, but I really do enjoy League of Legend and I'm usually on when ever I can spare the time. With that in mind, I must say that the last few weeks, I have been given the unique opportunity to play with several abusive players, and have received my second 1 day ban. I will face this suspension with no hard feelings towards Riot or the Tribunal, as I know I deserve it.

So far, over half the time I'm matched up with pre-made teams (usually 3 or 4 players) and more often then not, I'm left to filling a role on the team I'm not comfortable with in order to keep the team balanced, such as jungling or a solo top/tank. Normally everyone has selected and instantly locked in their champs and/or declared where they shall be playing and with who. This often leads to me performing poorly, and instigates an array of insults from "noob" to "F***ing useless". Now one or two insults I can live with, because I know I'm not playing well and not having a great game.

But it doesn't stop there; like a snowball the insults usually turn to non-stop harassment from multiple players that last the entire game. And lately, it has pushed me to the point I have to walk out of the room or leave the game. Yes, yes, I know that's a violation to the summoner's code, and punishable by the Tribunal, and I hate having to do it. But I'm a human being as well and I should not have to sit at my screen and be abused in that manner.

But even when I buckle down and simply place them on ignore, I get thrown under the bus by my own team mates who don't help me at all, or leave me behind on purpose.

It's toxic players like that that seriously hinder me from starting the game again, and tempt me to simply uninstall the game completely. But as previously stated, I love playing League of Legends, and I don't think I can uninstall just yet.

So I ask, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to prevent situations like this? Or should this be all I ever have to look forward to?

And I' would also like to add I do not play ranked, and bots don't offer the challenge I'm looking for.
I understand your point completely. I find it incredibly difficult to play solo queue because of the amount of players that will jump on every mistake and use the insults you listed above. The only solution I can give you is to use /ignore and add some players that you would enjoy playing with often.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDolo19 View Post
I understand your point completely. I find it incredibly difficult to play solo queue because of the amount of players that will jump on every mistake and use the insults you listed above. The only solution I can give you is to use /ignore and add some players that you would enjoy playing with often.

I stopped playing ranked solo/duo because of this.

Now I only play with my team, so we can do all the stupid things and still laugh at each other.

I think our enemies usually think we have problems, but we have fun regardless

EG Recruitment

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWaffle View Post
My suggestion is to mute them when insults starts getting out of hand. People are going to be jerks, this game more then most. So long as you know that they are just being jerks, it takes the edge off,
Still report them, but mute them to get through the game.

Edit: Just remember, this is just a game. No matter how much they blame you, they're just creating a giant fuss over a video game.
It's not easy to mute players... some will mute some will not. I have a hard time muting people in game wihen they have a space or symbol in their name. If i could mute everyone on league... life would be good.

Pinkie Pie lol

10-16-2012

I just had a game, i'm nunu support. I'm doing my job as a support by getting oracles, helping the team chase and slows, One of my team mate does cause I didn't slow for him cause I was out of mana. He then goes to call me a c**t and many other nasty words. Later on, the enemy team goes and does baron, I have nothing up to stop them from doing it since i'm at baron watching them do it, one of the players on my team says "empire" I have NO idea what that is and then he goes off on me calling me many nasty names along with the rest of the team. I had to put them on ignore and ask the other team to help me report them for harassment. I was getting named called all game, in the end...I just stopped supporting the team and went on for myself pushing lanes.

I have NO idea why people harass other people when they are mad.

shadowgripX

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie lol View Post
I just had a game, i'm nunu support. I'm doing my job as a support by getting oracles, helping the team chase and slows, One of my team mate does cause I didn't slow for him cause I was out of mana. He then goes to call me a c**t and many other nasty words. Later on, the enemy team goes and does baron, I have nothing up to stop them from doing it since i'm at baron watching them do it, one of the players on my team says "empire" I have NO idea what that is and then he goes off on me calling me many nasty names along with the rest of the team. I had to put them on ignore and ask the other team to help me report them for harassment. I was getting named called all game, in the end...I just stopped supporting the team and went on for myself pushing lanes.

I have NO idea why people harass other people when they are mad.
putting them on ignore, and just pushing lanes is the same thing i do, and probably the best course of action, but then they might report you for "refusing to communicate with the team" and i think that just might be why one of my accounts is currently banned... now that i think about it. :/

Pinkie Pie lol

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi no ame View Post
putting them on ignore, and just pushing lanes is the same thing i do, and probably the best course of action, but then they might report you for "refusing to communicate with the team" and i think that just might be why one of my accounts is currently banned... now that i think about it. :/
I'm sorry, kinda hard to play with the team when all they do is harass you all game. A support is someone who helps the team. you don't BASH on your support for helping you, that's so sad. IF people punish me for not communicating with the team when I HAVE to put them on ignore after they read the chatlogs. then I give up on this system, it shows there's more jerks in this world then people who try to keep up the rules.

"Edit: heh, even got a downvote from my last post of my bad experience wonderful. must be due to my name *shrugs*"

Geekweezul

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithsen View Post
It's not easy to mute players... some will mute some will not. I have a hard time muting people in game wihen they have a space or symbol in their name. If i could mute everyone on league... life would be good.
Hold down 'Tab'. On the far right, in line with each summoner's name, is a blue icon. Click it and it will mute that player. You don't have to type anyone's name anymore.