is support fiddlesticks legit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pestilence777

10-15-2012

i've seen it once and everyone was complaining until bot lane ended up demolishing and the adc admitted that fids was really useful as support

so was that just a lucky situation or is support fiddlesticks a real (if uncommon) option?

Lover Boy

10-15-2012

Fiddles has a 3 second fear on a 11 second CD at level 9. IMO i'd only take him if Blitz isn't banned

Kaidan Alenko

10-15-2012

He's indeed good, but terribly terribly vulnerable to poke comps.

Alumenlux

10-15-2012

People don't play him well so mostly it's np but that Fiddle fear is one of the dumbest things to play against

TheBronzeLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

It is good, but he is very squishy.

ragingsobadly

10-15-2012

Only reason people play fiddle support is because of the 3 second fear.

huMUNDOus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

I've done it a couple times. Fear -> silence is 2+ seconds of incapacitation at level 2, which is pretty potent. Biggest downside is that his ult is nearly useless in teamfights in midgame, due to how squishy support fiddle is. Don't use it to initiate like you would with a jungle fid, you'll be melted in less than two CAWs.

PorpoiseAlert

10-15-2012

He's extremely subpar unless you are good with him. The way I see it, there are four things that define a champion that can support effectively.

1.) Hard CC.
2.) Buffs for allied champions.
3.) Healing.
4.) The ability to be at maximum effectiveness without much gold.

Fiddlesticks has just #1. By contrast, Sona has all four, Taric has all four, Soraka has three, Lulu has three (I think), even Jarvan has two. Fiddlesticks is played as a support literally just because of his fear effect. Because everything else in his kit either pushes the lane (his drain and dark wind) or kinda sucks without AP built (crowstorm.)

M5 did it one time and since then everyone thinks it's good. It can be done... there are just so many better options.

Pestilence777

10-15-2012

so i guess its ok as long as your adc knows how to take advantage of fiddles' fear skill then?

best use in lane is to let your adc engage, then fear, then silence so when they get unfeared they still can't cast a spell yet?

edit: oh ok thanks for the info PorpoiseAlert, that explains it better

Axxuka

10-15-2012

It is a situationnal low-Elo Counter against aggressive supports (LEONA !!!). Fiddle-Vayne can easily destroy any tanky and aggressive support/ADC lane. But if they have a poke/high-sustain lane, you will not make it.