Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People yelling Ori nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaster

10-15-2012

Quote:
kthnxbai:
i'm sorry have you been playing LoL this week? they're EVERYWHERE

The ori's i've faced are bad. What? do we define viability by the worst of us now?

ObscureClockwork

10-15-2012

tbh, i see more overreaction to people not wanting ori nerfs than ori nerf sayers.

its like you dont want her nerfed so you can learn her or something?
imo, if you really know orianna well enough, whatever reasonable nerfing morello may do wont faze you at all.
if you are trying to catch on the leaving bandwagon, chances are, you want to defend an investment

Jafryn

10-15-2012

She's extremely overpowered.

But only when she's played by someone like Toyz.

Same thing with Anivia.

Killzerz

10-15-2012

First and foremost, champions can be "sleeper OP".

Second, she gives way too much. First, does anyone on your team have a jump to? If so, Orianna is unbalanced. She can E them, then just RW and Q them when they go in. Her Q early game can scout, she can engage/disengage with W, she has zoning with Q, and her basic attacks can hit like a truck. There isn't really anything she lacks, and the fact is she has high damage (burst and sustained) as well as retarded amounts of utility.

Okabe1 048596

10-15-2012

chronological order of buffs and nerfs could not be less significant. there is no reason to bring that up.

according to a facebook post by froggen a while back, orianna was already too strong BEFORE those buffs. just because it took everyone ages to catch on doesn't mean present nerfs aren't called for

Xyltin

10-15-2012

the reason why she needs to get nerfed:
OP in competitive play.

When a champ is UO, it is not a problem, but also not good. This problem can be solved over the time.
But when a champ is OP in solo queue or competitive play, Riot needs to nerf him/her.

People wanted Riven nerfs even when all she did was winning some games in solo queue. Riot did nerf her (nerfed MS and moved dmg from W to Q). But Riot did this cause she was too strong there.
Now we have Orianna being too strong in competitive play, and Riot has to move. Balancing around that is very important for an e-sport.

Havoc Lobster

10-15-2012

I ****ing hate this community for that reason. Every time some bigshots in a tourney use some champion that was deemed weak or underpowered before, EVERYONE uses it, then EVERYONE cries for the nerf bat. **** this game.

See: AP Alistar.

DNeon

10-15-2012

Actually, she was picked up immediately in the next tournament after her buffs by Ocelot and he dominated with her, she quickly grew in popularity throughout the regionals, having a high pick and ban rate the entire time, finally, in the finals and lead up to the finals, she has a nearly 100% pick/ban rate, dominating the games she's been in. She's been popular in the higher elos for a while. Seriously, people see her in the finals and haven't played against her and instantly think it's all about the finals.

GunSh0ts

10-15-2012

People see high level players be able to effectively use Ori's kit, they don't understand how to play her but they think because someone does that it makes them OP, her kit however works in tournament play well to shield initiators and then be able to ult with the ball still on the initiator for a decent ult. Just because someone is good with a champ in a 5v5 at high level play doesn't automatically make them OP in terms of SoloQ

Alsonia

10-15-2012

Jayce is easy it makes top lane awful because everyone FotM's Jayce and hes easy so top stomp win. Now that people see Orianna do really good they all pick her and I play Ziggs or MY Orianna and poop on FotM Oriannas. Ready for the best part?

If I know a FotM noob will pick Orianna I will secure her as Support bot lane with my friend and tell them to deal with it and pick a champ they actually know.