Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help choosing a solid ranked jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bazlu

10-15-2012

So I'm just about to hit 30 and after a number of practice games (Yes I understand I can't go straight into ranked) I wanna take a stab at a ranked team with a few of my IRL friends.

The point of this is that I really need another champion to jungle with as I'll most likely be jungling in most games.

Currently I jungle with Maokai and Shaco, and love them both as their ganks are superb (Shaco's invis and Maokai's root) however I know that Shaco isn't too effective so I'm looking for another to start playing. The main thing that I want the jungler to have is good ganks fast enough to avoid wards, or to have a gap closer so they cannot react fast enough to the gank.

tl;dr Need a jungler for ranked, so suggest one!

Axonalt

10-15-2012

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/jungle-tier-list/21838-jungle-tier-list-kha-zix-era

This guy is pretty well respected for his tier-lists. He has Lee Sin as number 1, which I could agree with. He has high AD ratios early game and can become a tank later on while dealing pretty good damage. Other junglers I'd suggest trying are Dr. Mundo, Skarner, Nunu (He's cheap), and Alistar is even a pretty good jungler (gank dependent) but is usually banned.

Snake XT

10-15-2012

Try nocturne.

BloodPolska

10-15-2012

Trundle.

JRiMi

10-15-2012

I vote Lee sin as priority and also malphite. Ppl underestimate what malphite jungle is capable of.

McNichols

10-15-2012

Amumu
/thread

Sorry let me explain why, laning phase is important but team fights or even more so. Amy OS great for both and has a great clear. CC wins games. Just use your head to pick who would be best.

t0ad5

10-15-2012

Amumu, LS, Mao are all great.

I think Amumu is great for any team.

Crustededge

10-15-2012

Oddly my most played champ and most wins is using Warwick in the jungle. His ganks are just so strong if your team understands that a junglers job is NOT to 100-0 someone but to find someone who has about 60% health and is out of position. Warwick will roll face on people who are 60% and below health. He can tower dive like crazy too using his Q to wack minions that you may have attracted and get out of range of the turret again.

SavageWolves

10-15-2012

Lee Sin, Skarner, Malphite.

Nunu and Amumu are also good, as is Shyvanna. (With proper coordination, her counterjungling is insane)

Maokai is already an excellent jungler to have on a team.

Bazlu

10-15-2012

Thanks for the feedback guys. Right now I'm leaning towards Lee Sin, Amumu, Skarner and Nocturne. Malphite isn't my play style and I rather play Alistair as support, and Nunu is too slow for me. Of those four, which one has the best ganks? That's probably my main concern as I generally can sustain jungle quite well.