Draven or Shyvana for the 100 game challenge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Baggington

10-14-2012

For those who do not know what the 100 game challenge is visit this link http://www.lowelo.com/blog/2012/8/15...ge-part-i.html

Now what I want to know is which champion do you guys/girls think would be better to perfect (hopefully) with this technique. Draven or Shyvana. Please give reasons why with your answer.

~Sir Bagginton

Cheap0

10-14-2012

That challenge is really interesting, I'm kind of doing something like that right now with Janna.

It's hard to say which would be better because it really depends on what you want to learn more. Although, I will say that I don't think 100 games is enough with Draven. He's got a very high skill cap, and you'll spend a lot of time figuring out how to catch your blades and such before you can move on toward learning other things such as lane matchups, item builds, and also general game knowledge like map awareness, game flow, etc.

With Shyvana, because you'll be focused on counterjungling, map awareness is super important. You need to know different matchups, how she can interact with different champions, etc more than with Draven. Basically, you don't have to put in as much work figuring her out mechanically as you do with Draven.

Overall, I guess I'm coming out in favor of Shyvana here.

PrfsrChaos

10-14-2012

Sir Bagginton,

I would propose that you learn Shyvana for your 100 game challenge for a few reasons:

1. Shyvana if needed can lane and jungle.
2. Shyvana is a dragon lady.
3. (the main reason) Shyvana's major role is as a jungler, being a jungler you are are less likely to run into conflicts when it comes to roles, where it seems like everyone wants to be the adc.

Also learning a role like jungling really really wells seems to require a lot more subtlety. Though yes there are a lot of little things that make the difference between a adc and a good adc, jungling is focused more on your presence and interaction with the entire team, where adc's subtlety is more focused on your interaction with yourself.

really perfecting gank timings, when to/not to invade, counter-jungle, baby-sit, change tactics, where to ward, when, how best to engage different lanes with different champions...they're all major complexities that separate okay junglers with really good junglers.

Finally (I read the beginning of that post you put the link to) it would seem like learning a jungling character would work best with the idea that "losing is always your fault" because it seems like overall Shyvana's role has more of a global presence than what Draven would have.

Hope this helps, and you've inspired me sir...i think that I will take the same challenge playing as Kayle, thank you.

Cheap0

10-14-2012

Also, you may find this youtube clip relevant, I thought it was really useful. It's about how to improve in general at LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zsU...1l9qLdZnnQhIHk

i Spears

10-14-2012

Im doing this right now with Leblanc Mid so far ive won 8/10 games with the highest kills, lowest deaths, Mid- highest cs
any hints/tips for her?

Bazlu

10-15-2012

Go with whichever is funner, makes the experience less painful.

TheSnuke

10-15-2012

Draven does it all...with style.