Jax as ADC Role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Light M37

10-14-2012

I've been trying this in a few normal games, and it does work well despite players complaining that it's not meta. Playing Jax bot in replacement of a common ADC rather than top. I've tried to at least 5 times with success each time(only one is in my previous match history 8/5/8).

I haven't tried this in ranked yet, because people will most likely complain(-_-).

So, all I'm asking is for some feedback. How would this strategy fare in ranked or on a more frequent basis??

Fiveofswords

10-14-2012

well its a terrible, broken idea. You can solo top with jax thats fine, but the adc is some ranged AD...you need range...not only does it jsut make you stronger and able to stack mroe dmg than defense cause you can position well,...but it also allows you to focus damage on proper targets.

you can bully people 1v1 as a fed jax, but the adc does the majority of damage in a teamfight...and as far as thats concerned jax simply wont be able to light a candle vs the proper adc champs

Bazlu

10-15-2012

I wouldn't recommend Jax as an ADC, it takes away all his potential with most of his spells. If you're looking for an ADC like the person above me said, get a range one e.g. Ezreal or Corki.

Shadow Light M37

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
well its a terrible, broken idea. You can solo top with jax thats fine, but the adc is some ranged AD...you need range...not only does it jsut make you stronger and able to stack mroe dmg than defense cause you can position well,...but it also allows you to focus damage on proper targets.

you can bully people 1v1 as a fed jax, but the adc does the majority of damage in a teamfight...and as far as thats concerned jax simply wont be able to light a candle vs the proper adc champs
But, the thing is, I easily dominate my lane as bot jax. With a good support, I'm able to kill/ push the ADC back fast than the support can heal/other. If I'm able to kill the ADC (Since they're so squishy) I can then feed on the support if my stun is back up, or if my support is able to slow/stun them(Varies on the distance to the turret).

But, although I'm playing him as an ADC role, I still build him hybrid(TriForce/Gunblade/Ect.)
I agree building him solely AD does take away from his potential.

I've tried this quite a few times, I haven't had a lost with it yet while being able to take on multiple opponents.

Capitol12

10-15-2012

Double bruiser bot lane is used now and then but it leaves you without a real ADC unless you put one up top which is also dangerous.

Kreyni

10-15-2012

If you build full AD on Jax without building any defense, you're prone to getting blown up by the enemy mage the second you enter a teamfight.

If you build tanky items to survive, you're a bruiser and not an ADC.

Shadow Light M37

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
If you build full AD on Jax without building any defense, you're prone to getting blown up by the enemy mage the second you enter a teamfight.

If you build tanky items to survive, you're a bruiser and not an ADC.
This is my build:, beserker greaves, TriForce, Gunblade, rageblade Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter.

I usually only get up to dorians blade, beserker greaves, triforce, and hextech revolver because the games ends so fast. So I don't have to worry about the mage because I'm fed enough to killed him/her/it faster than he/she/it can damage me.

Fiveofswords

10-15-2012

well you arent using jax as an adc then, you are jsut abandoning having an adc. If you are winning bot lane with jax and support i honestly think its because your opps were not very good/unfamiliar with how to fight you. You would probably be zoned out vs good adc/supprot bot lanes, even if you and your supprot were also good. As far as team comp is concerned, you better have a tank on the team with extremely good initiation because your whole team is liable to be kited/poked to death

amailanica

10-15-2012

I've been trying out bruiser and support bot lane with my friend, soraka and wukong are a good combo, but you need to play defensively until wukong hits about level 4, then you can start poking with nimbus and decoy. This combo is good against some adcs but against a graves or corki, you'll have a bad time in lane. But come late game we won team fights consistently and would win. Also tried pant and soraka, doesn't work as well. The support and bruiser combo isn't bad, but depending on who the other team's adc is, you might have a bad time.