About the honor system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlatinumTrinity

10-14-2012

You know how on the screen you see a little red emblem how many honor points do you have to have in order to get it?

SafeSecks

10-14-2012

I did a little research, and discovered that you have to be in the top percentile of a category in order to get the emblem.
10%, I think.

Khazzazzin

10-15-2012

The red one is just for Honorable Opponent honor. I think each honor type has it's own ribbon but I've never seen them so maybe not.

Hoizengerd

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSecks View Post
I did a little research, and discovered that you have to be in the top percentile of a category in order to get the emblem.
10%, I think.
are you sure?? i got mine today and only had 27...a lot of people have reported different numbers and anyway one of the riot guys said that it disappears over time so i doubt that's how it works, it probably works based on how often you get them like others have speculated

this is the lol wiki honor info

"Crests and ribbons are temporary rewards designed to encourage players to remain honorable even after receiving the recognition. As such, they can be lost if players stop acting positively and no longer receive honor. Being punished by the tribunal will also remove all crests and ribbons from a player, similarly to honor points.

Please note that there are currently no specifics regarding the exact numbers or formulas used in order to award medals and ribbons to honorable summoners. Medals have sometimes been awarded for being honored as little as 10 to 17 times in a given category.[3] Lyte, a member of the Riot staff, had this to say about the way crests are awarded:[4]

"Crests aren't based on Honor counts in your profile.

Honor assesses the value of all your exchanges to determine how Honorable you are compared to the rest of the population."

so yeah, i bet it's with frequency

Hoizengerd

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katustrawfic View Post
The red one is just for Honorable Opponent honor. I think each honor type has it's own ribbon but I've never seen them so maybe not.
they do, the teamwork one is green, i haven't seen the friendly one yet, i guess most people aren't that friendly lol