The Champions of the League petition a constructive conversation with Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

10-14-2012

October 15, 22 CLE

It was dusk when I obtained the first scroll. It bore a purple hue, and I noticed the distinct scent of glitter when I opened it. The lettering seemed like woven flowers, and as expected, the handwriting was terrible. Luckily, it was still legible--I noticed a small amount of magic had been added by the League's scribes to ensure understanding of text.

It went as follows:

Dear Riot:

(well, that was obviously a failure on the part of Blitzcrank's new SERV mail system)

Hi, I sent this up and down and all around, and I think it should some to Riot quite quickly. Much better than Darius A to Squirrel B, although I do admit that's pretty hilarious.

I was asking this because I heard that you guys wanted to make a constructive conversation with your new lore, and I think that's AWESOME! I hoped you'd absolutely HUGIFY the lore, but oddly, it seems like a light of what it once was. Kind of like how prework Evelynn was a light of her post-rework self: she went from lowest of the low to toppest of the high! Just look at how the summoner grand championship turned out for her, she was a total boss and totally shadowed the field! Pix and I LOVE helping summoners use her, but we've been thinking the new lore delivery isn't quite as awesome as the old lore delivery.

It kind of tastes more dull compared to the vibrant Journals, and I think you could hugify the lore back to its imaginative self. I heard that you're trying to make the lore more real, but what's life without a little Whimsy? Much less squirrels, cupcakes, cats, or penguins, that's what! Take a look at Samus in Metroid: Other M, to get what I mean. PTSD is realistic, but it certainly disappointed a whole ton of people to see Samus laid that low! (Granted, I thought that Samus should have just made a lava dragon and fought the big scary metal dragon with the lava one, but that's just Pix talking. I would have preferred a water dragon--incidentally, think I could borrow the elemental hydra in your backyard? ) Also: even if we got Eve rework, Pulsefire Ezreal, and maybe VROOM VROOM ROCKETEER TRISTANA after forever, we'd love you guys to give a progress report--too much waiting makes too much moving!

Either way, your best Dominion support NA,
Lulu, the Fae Sorceress

I noticed that for her signature, she surrounded her name with 10 mysterious glyphs. Most fascinating indeed.

I contacted SERV, and it seems that we've had a glitch in the system. I'm getting the champ mail for the next few days, while Riot's going to be getting those runes I ordered . We'll have ti resolved in good time, but for now I've decided to share these with the lore forum--after all, it seems most relevant to our interests.