Helping other lanes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

10-15-2012

I usually play bot lane, and i find my ability to help other lanes, especially the top lane, is very limited.

i don't completely dominate bottom lane most of the time. usually i'd have about 10 more CS than the enemy by the 8 minute mark or so. i also play fairly passively (passive champs like ashe and vayne often mean i have passive laning phases) and i like to zone my opponent by freezing the lane just outside my turret range

it's just that when things go well at bot lane, sometimes i go 2/0 and that's a great lead, the top starts feeding. its not uncommon to see a 0/3 top by the 7 minute mark at times. if mid is doing badly i sometimes still can run up there and help if the opponents back, but if top fails, by the time i rush up there it's too late, and usually my tower gets pushed down in my absence.

i have tried asking to swap lanes on a couple of occasions, but more than half the time i get the angry aggressive reply.

what would you do in such situations? facing a top champ on a 7/0 streak is not my idea of a strategy as they would just ignore everyone else on my team and dive straight for me in teamfights, and i get insta-gibbed.

Jesot

10-15-2012

It's tough to help other lanes from bot, but you can push your lane and roam on up there. The big risk there is if you're gone too long, you're going to lose your tower.

Resent

10-15-2012

Your job in bot lane is very limited and you should stick to it, unless your enemies are just really terrible. If you're the AD Carry, you should be doing nothing except farming, and taking opportune kills given to you by the enemy, and leaving to do dragon with your jungler (and possibly your mid lane). If you're the support, you could roam if your bot lane is really easy, and the AD Carry really doesn't need help with his lane, but otherwise you should also just stay at bot lane.

Or... You could get a champion with a global ultimate, such as Ezreal, Ashe, or Draven (I wouldn't recommend Draven, he's quite useless out of lane anyways.) The extra damage you could put out with the Ezreal ultimate could turn around the other lane, or at least help them by getting rid of the extra minions pushing their towers when they're doing badly and have to recall several times. Ashe can set up kills by stunning from across the map.

Other than that, there's nothing you can really do about it.

Jesot

10-15-2012

If you aren't getting harassed hard, you can send the sort top if he won't switch.

Hirumonogatari

10-15-2012

so if enemy top is snowballing hard, there's nothing we can do as bot lane. =S

ah, guess bot lane isn't the best place to carry the team..