[Champion] Kagari, the Shrine Maiden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vehngheil

12-03-2012

I like her. Although I think her Q is horridly weak. It's pretty hard to get a stun off with vayne's ability as it is, and that is targeted. Now imagine having to land a skill shot... In my mind high risk should be high reward, so make the stun pretty long and the slow stronger if she slams them into terrain.

You also asked about her passive... may i suggest that it gives all nearby frienhdly champions stacking true damage on attacks and spells whenever she hits an enemy with an ability... stacking i dunno... 5 times? It would give her more team fight presence and help her be a more aggressive support.

example: Whenever Kagari successfully hits an enemy champion with an ability, all nearby friendly champions gain a stack of Divine Piercing, stacking X times. Each stack adds 1-18 additional True Damage on each attack and spell the ally champion lands.

Endertome

01-03-2013

I've been neglecting this lately.

So your suggestion is a sort of "Divine Pierce" that gives small amounts of true damage on allied attacks targeting an enemy damaged by Kagari? I can only imagine that being whined about constantly just for being true damage. I'll think it over, though.

Endertome

02-01-2013

Main post updated with a dance she could have.

Endertome

02-05-2013

I've replaced Kagari's passive with a new one, which I like a lot more.

Quote:
Passive -- Lethal Harmony
Above 50% health, Kagari receives bonus armor and mana regeneration. Below 50% health, this is replaced with a bonus to all damage and health regeneration.
-- This makes Kagari more resilient when she's in good condition, while making her more immediately dangerous as her health declines.
-- It represents a shift in balance from defense to offense, one of various representations of Yin and Yang (Another representation of this in League is Akali's passive). The Armor/Mana Regen buff can be called Harmony, while the Damage/Health Regen buff would be Strife.
-- If any heal or Kagari's health regen pushes her above 50%, the buff will switch from Strife back to Harmony. Likewise, any damage that pushes her below 50% switches it from Harmony to Strife.
This gives Kagari a bit of mana sustain in lane so long as she can avoid poke skillshots from the enemy team. If she takes too many hits, she may be able to take advantage of Strife's bonus damage to all-in and kill or bully the enemy out of lane and earn a reprieve while Strife's bonus health regen brings her back to a safer level.

Previously, it was
Quote:
Passive -- Divine Providence
All members of Kagari's team recieve a small bonus to armor and health regeneration.
-- Similar to other global passives like Janna and Twisted Fate
-- Small but noticable. Perhaps 3% increase. Janna's move speed bonus is 3%, after all.
which sucked and was boring

Endertome

03-19-2013

So what do you guys think of the new passive and other changes I've made?

Kanderas

03-20-2013

I think Lethal Harmony is probably one of the best designed passives I've seen on these forums. The 50% mechanic gives her playstyle a unique flavour. It's not just "free stats" like Divine Providence, which are plain, boring and typically either super powerful or piss weak. And it feels like a passive too, rather than the 'its a passive but seems more like an ability' passives that people seem to be in the habit of crafting.

Good passives are not just free stats, they add to or change the dynamic of the champion, affecting your behaviour when you play them. Riot has only recently been getting on board with this and it's good to see someone doing it here too.

Endertome

03-21-2013

Thank you. That was my feeling on it too. I really disliked Divine Providence and wanted to generate a passive that added to Kagari's gameplay rather than did nothing at all interesting.

Endertome

04-21-2013

I'm looking real hard at Sealing Arrow now.

I want to change it, but I want to preserve the theme of a sealing arrow. So it's more the function of the skill that I'm lost on. The current function is kinda meh.

Belharion

04-21-2013

A snare, a stun, and a suppression... Sure, Leona has 3 stuns but she has to go all-in to make use of them. Considering this champion would do all of them AT RANGE, I think one of the skills needs a slight cc reduction. How about a silence on sealing arrow instead of a stun?

There would be a way to keep the cc on the abilities and have it interact with her passive... How about giving her more cc when she is below 50% health and giving her more passive abilities above 50%? The ult's fine, I just don't like her having ranged cc with no drawback on her non-ult abilities :P

I don't want to remake your champ or anything but the passive seems a little... off. Since she's a priestess in charge of a shrine... could we add spirits to the mix? Then her passive could passive could be something like "Spirit Possession" where if she falls below 50% her abilities gain added effects.

Endertome

04-21-2013

A Silence with the idea being that it seals Magic could be workable, sure. I'll give that some thought.

I really like the passive, though, and am not going to change it. You're welcome to use your spirit possession idea in your own design, but I'm keeping Lethal Harmony.