Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion] Kagari, the Shrine Maiden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ARabidSquirrel42

10-14-2012

Agree with the stun comment. I think she has too much cc. Even cc king supports like Alistar and Janna do not have a knockback/slow/stun, a stun, and a suppress. You could end someone for at least 5 seconds at higher levels. I would suggest replacing one of them with a more supportive ability, maybe the knockback. It doesn't seem to meld well with her other abilities and lore. It seems too physical for her. At least for me, I don't see her exerting the force to knock someone into a wall - she seems subtler than that.

Endertome

10-14-2012

And it's been moved to Player Concepts, where creative threads are sent to die.

Ant

Recruiter

10-14-2012

Reimu, the Shrine Maiden.

Endertome

10-15-2012

I took the stun off Divine Talisman and made it a slow instead. Considering the basis of Sealing Arrow, I couldn't really see myself removing its effect. Thoughts on the change?

A single situational stun isn't too terribly unfair, I think.

Endertome

10-24-2012

The passive feels a bit lackluster, any ideas for changing it?

I Love Slurpees

11-03-2012

Passive -- Divine Providence
All members of Kagari's team recieve a small bonus to armor and health regeneration.
-- Similar to other global passives like Janna and Twisted Fate
-- Small but noticable. Perhaps 3% increase. Janna's move speed bonus is 3%, after all.

Remove one of the stats and make it 5%

Q -- Sealing Arrow
Kagari fires an arrow tied with shide tassles which knocks the target back and causes damage as well as slowing them for 2 seconds. If the target hits something solid (Walls, turrets, inhibitor, Anivia's wall, etc), they are stunned for 1 second and then slowed for 2 seconds after the stun wears off.
-- Similar to Vayne's Condemn. The situational stun is shorter.
-- Good for offense or for escape by pushing the enemy away while running.

Remove the slow or make it .5 seconds

W -- Divine Talisman
A ranged skill. Kagari throws an ofuda talisman at her target and incites an effect through her divine powers.
If cast on an enemy: Roots the target for 1 second, followed by a 2 second slow. Deals a small amount of base damage, has a good AP ratio.
If cast on an ally: Shields the ally for 2/3/4 seconds. Scales with AP.
-- Has options for a support or an offensive Kagari player.
-- Shield strength is also increased by AP.
-- This is the only ability in Kagari's kit not disabled during her ult.

Pick one or the other root or slow and it will need a very high cd

E -- Persuasion Needle
Kagari fires a cluster of arrows in a narrow cone, inflicting damage on everything caught in it. Reduces magic resist for 3 seconds on all targets hit. Targets struck with multiple arrows receive additional MR reduction.
-- Something of a combination between Ashe's Volley and Grave's Buckshot, with its own effect.

just remove the mr debuff she already has a crapload of cc

R -- (ult) Great Barrier
Kagari seals a targeted enemy inside six impenetrable walls of divine power, inflicting Suppression for 1/2/3 seconds. When the Suppression period ends, the Barrier implodes, dealing true damage.
-- Disables Kagari's attacks and (most) abilities for the duration, just like Warwick or Skarner's Suppress effects. The difference is Kagari can do it at range.
-- Potential alternate name: Dai Kekkai.
-- Kagari should strike an Onmyodo pose for this. She could call out the Shinto sealing chant during the duration, too.
-- Roots Kagari in place for the duration, similar to Malzahar's ult.

1/1/1/ seconds if you want to keep true damage or make it a 2 second channel

her kit is insanely broken, 5 second hard cc lock, 4 second slow. Rework it a bit, even Naut is complaining about her cc

Endertome

11-12-2012

Quote:
I Love Slurpees:
Passive -- Divine Providence
Remove one of the stats and make it 5%

Q -- Sealing Arrow
Remove the slow or make it .5 seconds

W -- Divine Talisman

Pick one or the other root or slow and it will need a very high cd

E -- Persuasion Needle

just remove the mr debuff she already has a crapload of cc

R -- (ult) Great Barrier

1/1/1/ seconds if you want to keep true damage or make it a 2 second channel

her kit is insanely broken, 5 second hard cc lock, 4 second slow. Rework it a bit, even Naut is complaining about her cc

I don't see how a CC-centered champion is "insanely broken" when we have existing champions like Leona already. Some adjustments I can see but I have no intention of completely removing the MR debuff on Persuasion Needle (which isn't even CC, why did you mention CC on this one?) or removing the utility/offensive option on Talisman.

People also seem to fail to notice that Sealing Arrow only stuns/slows if it scores a wall slam. And it's still weaker than Vayne's Condemn, it just has a slow on it.

Why should I make her passive 1 stat and increase the percentage? You don't provide any reasoning for that, you just demand it like everything else.

Please realize that you can't chain her CC the way you're claiming she can.

KuroZastin

12-02-2012

Passive: Could be something more useful late game rather than armor/health regen
Q: i think the knock back is weird since the name of the spell is seal and i guess is magic damage, i think a root or just the stun/slow without knocking back would be ok
W: Too much CC here, since she already have a Q with CC, probably u should just change root or something like that
E: I like it
R: 3 Seconds supression is OP i think 2 ~ 2.5 is ok

Good concept i like it
Please chek mine too =):
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2498403

Endertome

12-03-2012

Quote:
KuroZastin:
Passive: Could be something more useful late game rather than armor/health regen
Q: i think the knock back is weird since the name of the spell is seal and i guess is magic damage, i think a root or just the stun/slow without knocking back would be ok
W: Too much CC here, since she already have a Q with CC, probably u should just change root or something like that
E: I like it
R: 3 Seconds supression is OP i think 2 ~ 2.5 is ok

Passive: I am taking suggestions for this. I may change it entirely to something else.

Sealing Arrow: This is inspired from a TV show, where a priestess shot a demon with an arrow. The hit knocked the demon several meters back and pinned him to a tree, despite being a normal arrow with some shide tied to it. That's why the skill has Knockback + Situational Wall-Slam Stun properties.

Divine Talisman: Why is this "too much CC"? I don't get it considering we have champions like Taric who can stun at range without a skillshot. Would making it a skillshot balance it better?

Persuasion Needle: I like it too.

Great Barrier: The duration can be changed. Maybe 1/1.5/2 seconds Suppression.

EDIT: I made Sealing Arrow a linear skill shot and adjusted some of the durations on various spells. Most of them are nerfs.

Zarkof

12-03-2012

Overall, not very innovative. This is pretty much Soraka with more dps and a Suppression.

Perhaps for your passive change it to something that triggers at low hp, like a bonus to magic resist/armor (200 each or scaling with level) for 3 seconds upon reaching 30% health

Try to rework some of your abilities to play into each other in a unique way. Simply mixing together pre-existing things is pretty stale and not fun. Try to think of new ways to do what you want to do instead of trying to match existing abilities into a demographic.

Look at Varus and Orianna. They are very good examples of innovative champion design.