After ez gets nerfed we re just going to see graves vs corki every damn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShinerCCC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Corki and Graves are just picked most often in solo queue because they have escape moves. The rest of the AD cast is less popular in solo queue because people want burst and escape moves for safety and lane dominance, it makes them easier to play unless you main the role. I think Vayne will pick up in popularity again after an Ezreal nerf, she has similar movement/cleanup capabilities.

Forum Use Only

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinerCCC View Post
I think Vayne will pick up in popularity again after an Ezreal nerf, she has similar movement/cleanup capabilities.
Vayne will pick up in popularity after the tournament, but not for the reason you just stated.

Prepare to see a lot of PD+W first Vaynes.

Feeder and Troll

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Was that the case in the tournament? We didn't see much Graves at all, and Corki was not always picked - Vayne, MF and Kog were picked instead sometimes.

I think this feeling is historic as opposed to relevant. OP doesn't just mean strong, it means they're stronger than other picks in most/all situations.
buff Ashe, she's terrible. Give her an actual passive at least

Forum Use Only

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retarded Drunk View Post
buff Ashe, she's terrible. Give her an actual passive at least
Ashe has the single most powerful ability in solo queue for an ADC: The ability to tell her teammates to get in and fight thanks to her ultimate. No other ADC can do this.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-14-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
In solo queue, the damage difference does not outweigh the free flash.

In arranged teams yes the hyper carry ADs can be strong (AND MF in the ranged poke.disengage comps)

But its a completely different mindset in competitive arranged where teams plan on the nunu speedboost, the sona speedboost the orianna speedboost and more. All of these skills can let your carry with good positioning get better positioning during the fight.

That said, I am not sure making hyper carries good enough in solo queue is worth what it would cost the arranged 5s scene. I guess that is the question though.
Yes, but they're still usable with the right team comp - that is what makes strengths and weaknesses in characters matter. There will always be more straight-forward picks that are superior when coordination is low - that's fine.

In order to balance them all in a teamgame, but not account that teamwork is a factor, we'd have to make every ADC the same and homogenize. I'm not willing to do that and remove strategic variety.

It's also less likely that solo queue enemies will capitalize on the weakness as well (since their coordination is lower, too).