Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

After ez gets nerfed we re just going to see graves vs corki every damn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

10-14-2012

Gotta agree with OP. Other than graves and corki, the rest of the adcs are just too complex to play in solo queue. Sure, if played in teams other adcs are actually better than graves/corki, but outside tournaments no one will pick kog over corki/graves very often.

TacoBellAssassin

10-14-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Was that the case in the tournament? We didn't see much Graves at all, and Corki was not always picked - Vayne, MF and Kog were picked instead sometimes.

I think this feeling is historic as opposed to relevant. OP doesn't just mean strong, it means they're stronger than other picks in most/all situations.

but not everyone is a professional ad carry who can always be in good position. solo queue relies on positioning and most of the time im not in the right position and need a blink or dash to fix that

Hige

10-14-2012

uhm I thought Graves "problem" was his dmg output being just higher than most ad carries... probably rivaled only by Draven with his eternal attack buff.

Being able to dash to you and burst you in the face is something that not even Corki can do :S and while Graves is at it he's becoming tankier... he may not have been picked in the tournament but he's still very strong in comparison, his burst from skills is unparallel, not to mention the fact that he has the faster AA out of em all too, dem farming skills.

Xyltin

10-14-2012

Quote:
Omar23j2:
seems like people forgot about the trio. You really think will begin playing ashe varus etc after ez gets nerfed? No! its gonna be corki vs graves all day every day. They need to either brg the other carries to their level or to slighly nerf the other 2 as well.

Graves got nerfed a lot already. All he has is his survivability and burst. His late game DPS is actually pretty bad compared to corki, kog and vayne now after the AS nerfs.

Corki is still very strong, but his ult nerf was also not minor. And his valkyrie nerf was also not minor.

The "top 3" were already destroyed before the S2 WC and only one was left: Ez.

I Found Baron

10-14-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Was that the case in the tournament? We didn't see much Graves at all, and Corki was not always picked - Vayne, MF and Kog were picked instead sometimes.

I think this feeling is historic as opposed to relevant. OP doesn't just mean strong, it means they're stronger than other picks in most/all situations.

And dont forget we saw Caitlyn too =) ! although i personally think her trap activation time should drop so i can place it and have a teemo shroom effect.

And it was K

10-14-2012

Quote:
Morello:

Hey, Morello, haven't you guys been saying for years now that Corki is strong? I remember like last Summer he and Ashe were considered the strongest, but Corki still wasn't picked too often and you guys suspected it might be his goofy theme. It just seems like Corki is always strong, but no matter how much people think he'll become fotm, he just gets ignored. Occasionally sees short bursts of play after tournaments, but then disappears.

Hidden Sniper

10-14-2012

Quote:
mark4505:
Not true. See Eve/Twitch before the massive buff.

Hell, Riven isn't as popular as she was back then either.

After nerfs, people move to new flavors. In this case, I think OP is right.

Kinda true. After a year and a half I feel like the game gets... Worse, as time goes on. And I see why some people who main a champ will switch.

All the nerfing has severely outwieghed the buffs overall.

For example, the whole point in the Tryndamere rework was to make him more stable. He finally becomes stable and what happens? 60% faster fury degeneration, 20% ad reduction nerf, Heal buffed (a red said they accidentally put it too low) then nerfed again two patches later. What killed him? The fury degeneration, nothing else although the nerfs didn't help him any. He now has to push the lane even faster than he already had to before. Granted all of his weaknesses were still there, but all that did was make the generation of fury overextend his lane even further than what he already had to, and this isn't even that much of an issue in low elo play that affects face-rolling but plays a lot in higher. This is what Riot does, none of it makes sense. It's almost like they have a list of champs that are "ok" and "balanced". But honestly, I have no idea if they are basing it on high elo, or low elo play. As, they do both at random while letting some champions be good all around.

I have a few champions "I want" to play and "would like" to play, but they have been nerfed until they are reliant completely on their team.

C0py Ninja

10-14-2012

Quote:
Morello:

And then you forget that tournaments are absolutely nothing like solo queue.

CowMeat

10-14-2012

At common skills levels, Ezreal is clearly the best option. Cait, though weaker, is also really easy to play. The whole Graves, Ezreal, Corki grouping is getting boring. Miss Fortune actually has a high win rate.

Slepner

10-14-2012

Nah, MF and Draven are good too