Hoping something changes soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sintarical

10-14-2012

So, I want start off this thread explaining that I've been playing this game since August of 2011, so I've been playing this game for over a year, and I know what it's like to have "trolls" or any sort of negative attitude to deal with on your team. I love this game, I completely support Riot and all that they have done, but I really feel like something needs to change.

Now to the actual point of this thread

I get on League and start searching for a blind pick game. I would join one, and someone would dodge during the champ select. This went on for 3 games in a row. By the 4th try in queue, I join a game where 3 players on my team wouldn't stop fighting over mid, so they all locked a mid champ (Katarina, Ahri and Morgana). At this point, I just dodge because I would rather wait 5 minutes then spend 20 minutes dealing with them.

Once I was able to join a game again, I get to champ select, choose Fizz, and say "mid please". The rest of my team locks top, mid, jungle, and AD carry, and ask me to support (I later found out that they were a premade).

Now, I was already annoyed from all of the problems I had earlier so I really don't want to support, but I stay calm and just switch to Sona, and say "no problem."

With less then 3 seconds left in champ select, however, my entire team changes to supports. My team composition ended up being Sona, Kayle, Taric, Nunu (who wasn't jungling) and Karma. Now usually I would dodge from a game like this, but I wasn't about to dodge 2 games in a row and have to wait 30 minutes to queue again, so I just went with it.

The game started with my entire team doing absolutely awful, including myself. The team score was about 7-25 at the 20 minute mark, so everyone on my team was doing poorly.

Up until that point in the game, my team was blaming me for everything that went wrong, using me as a scapegoat, even though they all locked in support champions at the last second of champion selection.

Once we hit the 20 minute mark and were going to surrender, the other team asks us to report their AFK Shen who never even connected, and my team replied saying, "only if you report our sh*tty Sona," which the other team agreed to.

This is really the only video game of any kind I play and I really, really enjoy it, but I seriously believe something needs to be done. I'm used to dealing with trolls of all sorts, but this game was simply outrageous.

I really hope a Riot employee reads this thread and helps give my statements more meaning, because games like this one are tough to endure for so long.

JOSEPHIVS

10-14-2012

I get what you're saying to the letter. I was one that was about to delete this game in frustration. Unfortunately this game just cannot be played random pick sometimes. The vast majority of the community in this game just doesn't care about teamwork and the playing experience. However the team you played with is the key to be able to enjoy the game. Find a group of friends who play it and stick wit them. I got with a group of friends of mine who play and the difference is huge. Sometimes we lose and sometimes we win but we cooperate with each other and the game is much more enjoyable. Also youll win a lot more than you'll lose. I'm still in the negative but I' m getting more and more closer to having more wins than losses. Unfortunately with the quality of nerd egotistical player that runs amok in random you need to play with people you know. That's just how life is in LoL. Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.

trackmaster

10-14-2012

Support team So much fun, but yeah nunu should have jungled. I love how people immediately dismiss this non meta comp, it works just fine. Not ideal, but its fun so who cares. Besides its blind normal anyways.

laxjoh

10-14-2012

All support team works but in such a team comp, Sona should have gone ADC or APC. Still, that's your team's fault and i doubt you will get banned via Tribunal for that.

Candentis

10-15-2012

Dont worry, when the tribunal reads "only if you report our ****ty Sona" you'll probably be pardoned, especially since it was blind pick and being reported for unskilled doesnt do anything but make your next game slightly easier.

Sintarical

10-15-2012

Im not even concerned with getting banned, thats the least of my worries. I just want a change to the matchmaking system somehow, games like these get out of hand.