Go play ranked if you want an Elo... -Lyte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dukatenscheisser

01-23-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=31340997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deljase
Wouldn't it make more sense to separate SR 5v5 from TT 3v3 and Dom 5v5 in your categories? To be honest, even with player skill factored into the equasion, each map requires a different map layout, team composition, and item knowledge from the other maps. Also, would it hurt to actually relay to us our normal hidden elos? I am always curious as to what my normal elo games give me in relation to comparible skill between players in them and my ranked games.
It does separate all matchmade queues, I just didn't list them all.

"We won't be showing normal hidden Elos ever. Go play Ranked if you want an Elo ; "
-Lyte
11/13/12

I guess he meant to say we wont be showing elos anymore go play another game if you want an Elo.

Maybe he didn't realize that even in ranked they are going to be hiding your elo come S3

United

01-23-2013

Isn't there a website to find your normal elo?

I know there at least used to be one...

Ryster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

If he would have said something else, he might have gotten in trouble for leaking information about the new leagues, so he just acted normally.

Is elo really that big a deal? it is just something that shows you how good you are, leagues will do that too?

Dukatenscheisser

01-23-2013

It's not about normals... it's the irony that once they implement the new system you won't be able to see your ELO even in Ranked!

1davidj

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukatenscheisser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deljase
Wouldn't it make more sense to separate SR 5v5 from TT 3v3 and Dom 5v5 in your categories? To be honest, even with player skill factored into the equasion, each map requires a different map layout, team composition, and item knowledge from the other maps. Also, would it hurt to actually relay to us our normal hidden elos? I am always curious as to what my normal elo games give me in relation to comparible skill between players in them and my ranked games.
It does separate all matchmade queues, I just didn't list them all.

"We won't be showing normal hidden Elos ever. Go play Ranked if you want an Elo ; "
-Lyte
11/13/12

I guess he meant to say we wont be showing elos anymore go play another game if you want an Elo.

Maybe he didn't realize that even in ranked they are going to be hiding your elo come S3
the term ELO is relative, the s3 rankings are going to accomplish the same thing. the new system isnt even going to be numerical ELO based, its based around being in the different rankings and ranking up and down by winning games. its gonna be more like SCII's system, i think. which makes more sense than just a random number.

Dukatenscheisser

01-23-2013

Leagues are meaningless when the matchmaker still uses your ELO.

MadLock

01-23-2013

404'd link

Genericke

01-23-2013

I would love to play ranked Lyte, unfortunate there is no ranked for dominion. There hasn't been one since it's release. Why hasn't the switch been flicked to on yet? Until then, I would LOVE (and I mean LOVE) some way to see my dominion elo and track my progress.

Darkvolcan

01-23-2013

Fix your link, OP.

Click the link and copy/paste it from the url bar, what you copied was a shortened link with an ellipses in the middle of it

Dukatenscheisser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
Fix your link, OP.

Click the link and copy/paste it from the url bar, what you copied was a shortened link with an ellipses in the middle of it
Thanks I'm not a forum pro.