How should I play Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyanis

10-15-2012

Hi, I'm Fai and I have a question about possible playstyles for evelynn.
I love playing assassin types. I play Ahri, Akali, Katarina, Irelia and just recently I thought of starting to play evelynn as well. I've played a few games with her and she is really squishy in lane. Seeing how I really dont like to jungle (more like, I suck at it), I want to know how to lane with Evelynn.

I have read up on some guides on mobafire, but theres just so many different playstyles and the option of going AD AP or hybrid, I have no idea what the most viable way to play her is.

So in short,

I want to know how to lane with evelynn and how I should build her.

Thanks in advance ~

SixMinutesLate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

The solo mid build is something like

Max Q, E, W

Boots -> Lucky Pick -> Sorc's -> Deathfire -> Abyssal

Sit in lane and farm until you have your ult, then look for opportunities to gank side lanes

For teamfights, approach squishies out of position and press every button

DisregardMeta

10-15-2012

1. buy dfg
2. get to 6 last hitting with q as much as possible
3. qqweqr stat distribution
4. walk up to enemy champion as best you can
5. w dfg ult ignite qe and continue to faceroll keyboard

tempnameA461

10-15-2012

QWQWQRE, then QREW
Surge/Ignite, 27/0/03 Pene reds/quints (15 flat)
t1 boots 3 pots
pick
dfg
sorc boots
haunting
swagcap

Cyr

10-15-2012

All these guys here have it right, in terms of items. Generally you get Boots + 3, rush a pick, sorc shoes, DFG, Deathcap.

Also, just a suggestion. Mobafire has some good guides on there, but they are very hard to find and pick out. If you're looking for online guides, I'd suggest solomid.net, or even leaguecraft.com. Not sayin' you're doing anything wrong here, but they generally have more clear cut guides for you than Mobafire.

Haricots

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixMinutesLate View Post
The solo mid build is something like

Max Q, E, W

Boots -> Lucky Pick -> Sorc's -> Deathfire -> Abyssal

Sit in lane and farm until you have your ult, then look for opportunities to gank side lanes

For teamfights, approach squishies out of position and press every button
This is a good base.
The reason for this build is that her ult has a pretty poor AP ratio (about half of a typical ult), so items like Sorc's and Abyssal is generally the way to go.
Another good early item is Haunting Guise, it synergizes perfectly with Abyssal and Sorc's since they all have flat pen/reduction.
Void Staff is good when they stack MR (making flat MR pen/reduction less attractive), DCap is still pretty good if you are fed, Lich Bane is okay and Gunblade isn't horrible.

You should always try to get the DFG of before the ult. Having a good understanding of who to focus is key.

(Oh, and don't read mobafire guides)