Why do we get banned for leaving games...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BossOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

I don't understand this.... "The ban when u leave a match"
If you had to go somewhere "suddenly" like instantly...
And you have to go you should have the right of leaving...
Me ever since i knew this "Banning thing"
I tried my best to never leave games..
I haven't left one game uncontested eva!!

If you do not like this banning process..
Please bump and thumbs up..

It is ok if riot removes this post
I would like a reply also on if you do not like it or if you do

-BossOMG

Damgoth

10-14-2012

If you have to leave "instantly" then you probably have more to worry about over being banned from a video game. Just IMO...

magooomba

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossOMG View Post

-BossOMG
Leaving games is punishable because it puts your team at a considerable disadvantage. If there were no punishments for such behavior, it would undoubtedly become more common and make the game overall far more unplayable. That said, there is built-in lenience for having to go "somewhere "suddenly" like instantly" on the rare occasion, and you always have the right to leave. However, you are not free from the consequences and punishment of you freely choosing to leave once the system's lenience has been surpassed. I see nothing wrong with the harshness of which you seem concerned in the current banning system. The simple and hard-fast rule is don't leave games. If you do, expect a punishment.

Elanorien

10-14-2012

Yeah, OP, your notion is fairly selfish. You know going into a game that you NEED to have AT LEAST 30-50 min available to play. That being said, emergencies happen. It happened to me during ranked of all games a week or so ago, but I'm not bothered by the system as my leavnig/DCing is very, very rare and now only once intentional. In fact I appreciate the system being in place, it's to help those of us with enough respect for the game and other players play a full and fair game.

In summary, bad idea, keep it in place, don't change it.

Redjik

10-14-2012

Don't play league of legends if your not going to set aside the time to do so.

NinetyNineTails

10-14-2012

You don't get LeaverBusted for one game. If you play consistently, you don't get LeaverBusted for three games. I know, I've had at least three leaves on my account for I-Had-To-Go-Right-Now reasons. How many leaves do you have against how many games?

Xaerie

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossOMG View Post

-BossOMG

If you have to leave suddenly it would help to communicate that with your team. I've pardoned a handful of people who you can clearly tell did not want to leave but had to just by reading the way they spoke to their team.

Rougin88

10-15-2012

Chances are you have left more than this one time in the past. I have spoken with a lot of admins and they said your ban for leaving games is based on the amount of times you leave a game. So if you did receive a ban it is probably because you are a toxic leaver.

~Arganess

MakJuice

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjik View Post
Don't play league of legends if your not going to set aside the time to do so.
Probably the best way to put it... I think Riot takes a lesser toll on normal games than they do ranked.. people take ranked 10x more serious than normal IMO... If your leaving ranked games constantly etc or there is a pattern no doubt you will get the hammer.. You are ruining 4 other peoples real life time because you were not responsible enough to realize you didnt have 20-40mins of game time to actually play... People do take this game serious and i think if you dont, you should probably just stick to normal where its more relaxed and less competitive where in this case, you could probably leave and some people would actually find it a fun challenge to overcome a 4v5.

Arcticfury

10-15-2012

You have to leave repeatedly to get banned. In fact you have to have multiple offenses to be punished for any offense. The 5 minute wait doesn't really count for leaving during champ pick, and I think this should be bannable when it happens repeatedly.

Summary, if you are complaining then it means you were banned. If you were banned you have left multiple times. If it is really 'emergencies' that are forcing you to leave repeatedly, then you don't have time to post or read any of the forums and should really focus on creating more stability in your life.

Emergencies are not your mom or dad calling for dinner, get off comp for homework, get ready for practice, go to bed, etc. I really hope you get your personal life in order.