My Pentakill Sona cosplay - Season 2 Finals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MG z3rg3m3ow

10-16-2012

I like this :>

Riot Jynx

QA Analyst

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
AWESOME! I love the detail/texture on the harp and the 'floating' chains are great!

You totally look the part!
Thank you RiotPenguin, I appreciate the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
What materials did you use for the dress? One of the problems with bringing the fantasy into reality is making the right material choice so that it still feels and looks natural in our world, and I feel a lot of people struggle with this, but you've really nailed it. It's super impressive!
Thanks Ashkar! The top is made of a faux leather vinyl with a bit of stretch, and the skirt is layered with some flowy synthetic and sheer fabrics. I added a long crinoline under the skirt to try and give it more volume, but I didn't make it large enough. I'm going to try and improve it a bit for Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhan View Post
I am guessing you are on the shorter side of things. You look so tiny. Maybe that is just because of the stadium behind you. Good job on the cosplay.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm only 5' tall (but I'm wearing some heels). It's always been a bit of a challenge cosplaying exaggerated characters while being so short. >_< My Vayne from Pax Prime 2011 looked so tiny next to Twisted Fate, haha. At least I mostly stayed in character. Shes such a surly lady. =P

I'm attaching a less blurry pic that shows off the etwahl a little better, though the floating chains in the back are hiding. I'm now working on a Pentakill Karthus for my boyfriend's Halloween costume. So hopefully I can finish that in time! I'll post a group shot later if anyone is interested. Thanks!

MG z3rg3m3ow

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynxi View Post
I'll post a group shot later if anyone is interested. Thanks!
Hi.

I am interested.

I am also totally not creeping, I swear.

But really. You did a great job :P

Ytraz

10-16-2012

very nice!

Riot Jynx

QA Analyst

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
Hi.

I am interested.

I am also totally not creeping, I swear.

But really. You did a great job :P

Sorry for responding to such an old thread, but I realized that I never shared the finished product for Pentakill Karthus at Halloween. It's was a bit of a rushed job, but I think it still turned out pretty good.

I also thought I would share a couple shots of my Vayne from IPL5. It was such an awesome event with some great matches! Please take a look at my Facebook page if you're interested in seeing more of my art/pictures or upcoming League cosplay.

Thanks!