Banned for leaving even I fiished the match

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lowbert

10-14-2012

I'm not sure where this should go, so I just put this here.

For the last couple of days when I played in games, it would sometime crash during loading, or after I got into the game. After that I have always signed back in and I have finished the game, but for some reason I would still get a leaver status, and I just got banned for a day today.

I'm not sure what do to do, but I do believe that getting banned, even just for a day is unfair since I have finished the match, what do I do?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

It is not unfair because you shouldn't be disconnecting from that many games.

If you problems with your connection or something, try to fix that before trying any games.

See from this point of view: you actually won a whole day to figure out how to solve your problems so it won't happen again

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ver-buster-faq

Ghan04

10-14-2012

I've actually had my client application crash or mess up several times recently when it has not for the entire previous year. This hasn't (yet) resulted in me suffering any consequence because I'm usually able to terminate all the processes and get it functional again within 1-2 minutes of the game actually starting.

It sounds like the OP is having trouble with the app itself, not with network disconnects (this is my issue as well) and this kind of thing really shouldn't be punishable if there is a good way to detect it. I'm not sure if there is a good way, but just throwing that out there.

@Lowbert
How far into the game is it by the time you get reconnected?

Xaerie

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbert View Post
I'm not sure where this should go, so I just put this here.

For the last couple of days when I played in games, it would sometime crash during loading, or after I got into the game. After that I have always signed back in and I have finished the game, but for some reason I would still get a leaver status, and I just got banned for a day today.

I'm not sure what do to do, but I do believe that getting banned, even just for a day is unfair since I have finished the match, what do I do?
I agree that this isn't fair, you still finished the match. However without your report card posted here then I feel obligated to assume you were also not a friendly player.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

It's still considered a leave if you are out for a substantial portion of the match.

Kinvaras666

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerie View Post
I agree that this isn't fair, you still finished the match. However without your report card posted here then I feel obligated to assume you were also not a friendly player.

There is no reform card for bans given by the leaver buster.
He got punished because the system identified he had disconnected/left/afked too many games in a short period of time.

it is automated.

AJStarhiker

10-15-2012

If I'm having connection issues or suspect there might be a problem, I'll run a solo custom game before joining a matchmade game. No autodetect for LeaverBuster and no other players to complain. WIn-win.