Make revive baseline in dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frumper

11-26-2012

60s revive is very bad, I hope they don't change the cooldown for s3 either way.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If I were to explore the option of an always-available Revive, it'd likely be stock-based and tied into a quest system. Start with only 1 Revive, and you could earn another by completing a quest. For now, it'll stay as-is. I've never been opposed to map-specific Summoner Spells (to the contrary, I'm all for them). They just require a good bit of art support, so it's not in the immediate (next two patches) future.

FioraIsMaiWaifu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
If I were to explore the option of an always-available Revive, it'd likely be stock-based and tied into a quest system. Start with only 1 Revive, and you could earn another by completing a quest. For now, it'll stay as-is. I've never been opposed to map-specific Summoner Spells (to the contrary, I'm all for them). They just require a good bit of art support, so it's not in the immediate (next two patches) future.
I have a few questions about this for you. Would the Revive be available to the entire team? Would it be a resource that your team would have to manage or would it be on a per person basis?

I like the idea of these map-specific Summoner Spells. Do you have any that you would mind posting for us to digest/provide feedback on?

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Okay so the team that is winning(completing quests) gets to win more by having more revives to just crush enemy chances to come back? I am not liking this idea personally.

HaIfhearted

11-26-2012

Revive's cooldown is fine as is.

Anyone complaining about how long it is probably isn't using it properly, or hasn't actually *thought* about how stupid a shortened CD on Revive would be.

Talith PA

11-26-2012

Haif, stop being a goose and getting in the way of Crystal Scar - Deathmatch.

Orphane

11-26-2012

How about you take a serious look at where all summoner spells stand, OP?

DiscworldDeath

11-26-2012

I will Redeemer you!

Best signature line from the Unreal Tournament forum I used to frequent, back in '01 or so.

Phourc

11-26-2012

Quote:
What I like about this idea - the quests have always felt kinda lame. At some point, I hope you give them a pretty big overhaul (No more mid-top quests, etc).

What I don't like about this idea - if a team starts with one revive total, who gets to decide who gets to use it? There has to be some kind of measures to stop it from turning into troll city. If it's one revive per person, well I guess it wouldn't change much in the early game, but there'd be significantly more revives going per game if it were tied into the quest system.

And yeah, as someone else mentioned, how would this avoid making the map super snowball-y, and the quests significantly more important than they are now? (though I guess the second one isn't necessarily bad xP)

AlphaFerric

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
if a team starts with one revive total, who gets to decide who gets to use it? There has to be some kind of measures to stop it from turning into troll city. If it's one revive per person, well I guess it wouldn't change much in the early game, but there'd be significantly more revives going per game if it were tied into the quest system.
Pretty sure he meant each person starts with a revive, and on quest complete that team gets a revive.

Only issues with that, revive is so useful, and capable of snowballing a lane, that you make ganks at the quest point extremely predictable when it happens (right now it can be ignored for a decent amount of time because the buff isn't that crucial, but extra revives? I'd gank that immediately). This also can lead to prolonging the winner's lead since the stronger team can/will win the point if it pops on the weaker one. That one has an easy fix though, make the quest pop on the team with the lead (just please make it greater than 1 point requirement).

In any case, I would honestly say leave revive as is until we get some stable footing in Dom after S3 hits. I have a feeling enough people are going to **** their pants over item changes, l'd hate to see the bounce-back from revive gone wrong.