Make revive baseline in dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frumper

10-14-2012

So I've thought a lot about this and instead of nerfing revive or increasing potency of other summoner spells, just make revive baseline in dominion so we can have some actual choices in what we pick.

I'm sure things are going to be rebalanced for season 3 summoner spell wise like the other seasons, hoping someone has thought of this on the riot side for dominion.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

There's some post of a red saying thah maybe they should work on the Dominion version of summonner spells so that the cooldowns of the spells actually match the duration of the game proportionally to summonners rift so if you get X uses of that spell on Sr you should get X uses of the spell in the scar,baring revive which would be an obvious exception i'm not sure wether to be happy,sad or just flat out cry at the thought of Jax/Jayce/Darius having double the number of uses of exhaust they currently get.

NamKim

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
There's some post of a red saying thah maybe they should work on the Dominion version of summonner spells so that the cooldowns of the spells actually match the duration of the game proportionally to summonners rift so if you get X uses of that spell on Sr you should get X uses of the spell in the scar,baring revive which would be an obvious exception i'm not sure wether to be happy,sad or just flat out cry at the thought of Jax/Jayce/Darius having double the number of uses of exhaust they currently get.
I remember reading a post like that. I think it was RiotAmes, but I am not sure. He suggested to RiotNome that perhaps Dominion should get their own set of Summoner Spells since it is another game mode. But I think he also mentioned that RiotNome seemed against the idea or was going down another direction or something.

Anyways, it will be very interesting what RiotNome is up to. Being in charge of both Twisted Treeline and Dominion is probably taking so much of his time that he is unable to post here.

My policy is that I will wait until at least a week after the end of the competitive season (October 23) before asking the current status of Dominion. Afterwards, I will throw a dead Teemo at him for every day there is no word on Dominion.

Although, some higher level Dominion players seems to like the idea of making Revive a "buff" on Dominion that they need to earn or race to obtain. Like I said, look for a Dominion remake in the future. Remember to play with an open mind. If there is something you don't like, be ready to explain why you do not like it since those comments are much more helpful than "i hate it."

Catalysa

11-25-2012

Not a bad idea! :-)

Tempestphile

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Just imagine

60sec revive, no one wins top ever again
Game length can always be dragged to at least 10 hours because of this
Gonna be fun hahaha

DG Denz Brujah

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Anyways, it will be very interesting what RiotNome is up to. Being in charge of both Twisted Treeline and Dominion is probably taking so much of his time that he is unable to post here.
Guys it's a Holiday week ... Nome has been pretty vocal lately and its apparent he's tinkering around with a few things.
Give him a break

Keep Calm and Game On
Because Nome's got this

BeefJerkyHunter

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Just imagine

Gonna be fun hahaha
Ha, the first one to cap will win.

Redenbacher

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Just imagine

Gonna be fun hahaha
60 second revive? Why?

If they're matching it to be proportional, and make the argument that Dominion is roughly 1/3 the time of an SR match, then it would be 1/3 the duration.

It's currently, what, 8 minutes? So, that brings it down to 2.7 minutes or so.

Still broken, but it's not 60 seconds... lol

FDru

11-26-2012

Anyone agreeing with this idea is dumb and this thread should have been left buried.

MyDeadGrandma

11-26-2012

Indeed, FDru. Instead of 2 game-breaking summoners, we'd have 3!