Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Clueless to ranked 3's.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NyStiKx

Recruiter

10-14-2012

So me and few buddies are going to start up a ranked 3's team, but I feel we are completely unprepared. I know 5's like the back of my hand but what's the meta for 3's? I hear double bruiser and an AP carry is good while I also heard that 3 bruisers are good.

Is there any specific team comps / champions that do rather well in 3's? Also, what about strategies?

Also clueless on bans, I feel like the regular OP champions should be banned (Malphite/Alistar/Jayce/Rengar etc.)

Help me out guys!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strixie

10-14-2012

I wrote an extensive guide on this somewhere about the transition, but its probably lost in the forums now. Basically - there is no meta. Anything goes, and its about finding what works best with your teams. I recommend just playing out 10 normals first. You'll find out where people go and what type of champs are often picked / banned. Nothing like 5's im afraid. The map is smaller, so gold distribution is alot easier, and laning comps / styles can really vary.

Singed, Lee Sin, Xin, etc - tanky people that do alot of dmg and have chasing capability (what you will spend the majority of your time doing in 3's).