What is a reasonable price for standard wards?

90 coins (current) 11 40.74%
85 coins 0 0%
80 coins 1 3.70%
75 coins 4 14.81%
70 coins 1 3.70%
65 coins 1 3.70%
60 coins 1 3.70%
55 coins 0 0%
50 coins 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Wards = Price Still Too High

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-19-2009

In dota wards that sell for 100 per charge for regular gives us a heck of a lot more vision than wards in league of legends. And we get more cash in dota per kill, usually around 35-50 coins per unit.

in LoL they are 90 coins per charge and we often get around 18-35 coins per creep.

Also, the vision is much more limited since we do not have any super high cliffs to allow us to see over trees and most of the paths have that grass that blocks view or the lanes curve so much.

So because of this i have noticed that wards are hardly ever used in LoL compared to dota. In fact, i've played roughly 30 matches of LoL so far and i have been the only person to buy wards, only out of habit from dota.

So, this leads me to believe that wards are over-priced.

I think standard wards should go for between 50-75 coins each. somewhere in there is the sweet spot i bet.

What do you think?

cottonbawlz

11-19-2009

I agree about making them cheaper, but I don't think that these wards will solve the 5 man gank squad problem.

EastJesus

12-01-2009

Make them 3 for 150 and limited to 3. Also slight necro because id really like to see wards useable, right now they just hinder your item building too much. In dota you barely feel the loss of gold.

Cleo

12-02-2009

because evelynn needs to suck more right?

Peridot

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgots View Post
because evelynn needs to suck more right?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/standard

EVILTeddy

12-03-2009

Wards are in fact too cheap. Dota wards cost $200. LoL is a smaller map and u can also get $90 gold very fast ... Dota still far superior in the warding subject.

Clayvoirance solves ward problems in LoL ...

God SoRcuS

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonbawlz View Post
I agree about making them cheaper, but I don't think that these wards will solve the 5 man gank squad problem.
You are supposed to be able to anticipate ganks and use money to ward accordingly. If all enemies are MIA and you are farming it's your fault that you got pwned. There really is no solution to be noobness nor can there ever be a solution. The sight wards are very cheap 90 gold for one isn't a lot at all considering you keep gaining gold EVEN if you die.

And making them even cheaper? -.- Dude already half of the map is warded where I play. If you make it even cheaper the whole map will be visible to both teams and it will be ******ed.

GNOY

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRight View Post
In fact, i've played roughly 30 matches of LoL so far and i have been the only person to buy wards, only out of habit from dota.

You basically just answered your own question.

And no, they are fine, even if they will cost alittle more I will still buy them in serious games. Though I have nothing against buff to sight radius either.