What should happen to the Scaling System?

Give the team of 4 a Passive Gold Boost 21 33.33%
Give the team of 4 an Exp Boost 5 7.94%
Give both an added Exp Boost and Passive Gold Boost 13 20.63%
The Scaling System is a Bad Idea. 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Hate it when a person leaves? 4v5 Scaling System @Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnwal

01-02-2013

I think you're on to something here but the idea needs refinement.

I'm not sure if a passive boost is in order because every champ needs to earn their xp gold for kills not by standing around. So personally I would log on two accounts and purposely dc with one so I can level faster, dominate early/mid game and end if before late game is even reached. Quick, sweet elo.

Maybe something like dragon is worth what, 950gold? So then with 4 players it's actually 238gold/each per dragon kill. Still have to earn it but the risk/payoff is greater.

But serious, I don't think there will ever be a permanent solution to this problem. We're dealing with humans and they have problems so people will continue to disconnet during matches. Such is life. Good thoughts though.

Taarki

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
No, because that wouldn't work. It's the same problem as in chess. A computer playing at 1500 Elo in chess isn't going to be 1500 Elo because they play like a 1500 player - they're going to be 1500 because they play like a 3k Elo player, and make silly mistakes occasionally.

Similarly, if they made League bots that could compete at 3k Elo, they'd be perfect, get every CS, have perfect map awareness, etc. Scaling them down to 1.5k Elo or whatever would be a matter of making them make stupid mistakes, instead of something else. So you could have a bot that would be playing perfectly, then suddenly shoot Vlad's ult on a turret and miss everyone except the enemy support, which no 1500 player would ever do.

If they could program it properly, sure. But it would be ridiculously hard and they probably won't do it.
Becuase thats what easy bots do, always just waste their ults and stuff.
Actualy they play like a new player, but with common sence, like their skills hit but they don't know when to backoff from an overextend, which is why a 1500 bot would be a good player (never played ranked assuming 1500 is a decent elo?) but not perfect, they wouldnt get all the CS, they wouldnt magicaly get pentakills all the time, they wouldnt use a perfect ult, but then again they would make stupid mistakes that no one would make.

adc

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
Becuase thats what easy bots do, always just waste their ults and stuff.
Actualy they play like a new player, but with common sence, like their skills hit but they don't know when to backoff from an overextend, which is why a 1500 bot would be a good player (never played ranked assuming 1500 is a decent elo?) but not perfect, they wouldnt get all the CS, they wouldnt magicaly get pentakills all the time, they wouldnt use a perfect ult, but then again they would make stupid mistakes that no one would make.
But I'd call using your ult very well common sense. I'd call CSing well common sense.

Also, bots don't play like noobs with common sense. Bots run in straight lines up and down the lane, they'll run in circles between towers, they'll have 200 HP and walk forward into 3 full HP enemies. They're way worse than a noob with common sense.