The Fault in The Honour System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laxdow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

So I tend to stick around after games end to check the graphs and what have you but I found out something. The round was a ranked rift and we had two people disconnect during round a sivir player named StillNotWorking and a tryndamere player named xP6T9R. Now xP6T9R ended up reconnecting later in the round after it was to late and was a dick to us on his team that were still there, and we ended up having an enemy ezreal player defend us, now he requested that we give him honours for this and after we lost the round, my brother and myself did, so I was still in the room with just the ezreal player, xskizzx. now immediately after the round i typed in well maybe one day well meet again and have a round truly worth, i forgot the it after but moments later after everyone had given their honours and left the room xskizzx began trying to tear me down going on about how bad I was and that the wins I had people carried me and trying to make me feel like ****, now this did give me a pit in my stomach and I couldn't believe that after I had just given him an honour that I couldn't take it back or even report him. I've attached the end game conversation, its in paint so anyone can veiw it and because the whole conversation didnt show its got the three parts there so you can see the conversation as it left of from one onto the next. It players like mister xskizzx that make me not want to play the game anymore, shame that he worked the syste and got away with it. yours truly laxdow

Garf13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Yes, this problem seems to be occuring a bit lately. People just want honour, so they do things like this where they act all nice until you honour them, and then reveal their true side. I was a first hand witness of this instance. Hopefully this can be resolved in one way or another, preferably with people like this not only having their honour reset to 0, but also possibly bans on situations like this. Hoping thing s work out a little better, the honour system was a good idea, but there are small bits like this that someone must find a way to fix up. Thank you for the time of reading this post

Magus Crow

10-14-2012

Please dont name and shame on the forums. Its against the rules.

As for your issue just send that off to support and let them deal with it. They have the power to issue bans and whatnot and if they deem the actions worthy of such the offender will have their honor reset to 0. Problem solved I should think.

Xuhybrid

10-14-2012

Anyone who asks for Honour instantly gets none from me. Regardless of whether i would have or not.

LacieBaskerville

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuhybrid View Post
Anyone who asks for Honour instantly gets none from me. Regardless of whether i would have or not.
Same. Mainly because it means that the person wasn't helping you out of kindness but for the honor. :|

Rise And Feed

10-14-2012

There's honor in asking for honor?

Elanorien

10-14-2012

Quote:
Yeah, even if I planned on honoring someone, if they start asking for it I won't do it. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Kinvaras666

10-14-2012

Quote:

this

and if they ask again, then they win a report

Tyra Wadman

10-14-2012

It's simple.

DON'T HONOR ANYONE THAT ASKS FOR IT.

^ caps to help stand out.

Cause the honorable should never asked to be recognized.

... I keep forgetting to honor after games...

Tyra Wadman

10-14-2012

derp. late.