Financing Ocianic servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HermitXD

10-14-2012

There are soo many people that want Oceanic servers that I don't need to argue the point.

Understandably, riot needs to look at the business perspective. Perhaps skins for champions could be made that would go towards funding. Just little things, like riot girl tristana. Throw a Aussie flag on some champs capes, turn twitch into a kangaroo (not soo little). In short give us something to throw out money at that might help us help you help us =]

HermitXD

10-14-2012

Bump

Nidken

10-14-2012

i was playing khazix jungle and went to gank mid. The vlad on our team derped real hard and flashed into the tower and didn't hit his spells and died.

vlad: "omg so much lag, 200 ping!!!"

me: "here in australia i always play on 200 ping."

StoreHenning

10-14-2012

I usually play at 200-220 ping and I live in Denmark. Im starting to regret that i didn't start on the EU servers...

HermitXD

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoreHenning View Post
I usually play at 200-220 ping and I live in Denmark. Im starting to regret that i didn't start on the EU servers...
Oh that sucks, if you've just started i'd recommend changing.

Inferiz

10-14-2012

i dont think the money is the main problem for riot, could be the fact that their isnt enough players required 2 have a good server with low queue times.

Xivilai Anaxes

10-14-2012

It wouldn't be an Oceanic Server, it would be purely Australian/New Zealand. Why? Most places here that aren't those 2 are forced into playing with Garena servers. Australia and New Zealand statistically have smaller populations and as such will have a smaller gaming population - Which means queue times will be ridiculous.

Kim Jong Peel

10-14-2012

It really depends on the amount of people that want it. If there isn't enough supporters for it, then the server will just end up like the BR server.

Araxis the Dark

10-14-2012

What OP meant to post was "Financing Australian Servers" Because Garena technically hosts servers for the oceanic area (discluding Australia)

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

I would really like to be able to experience league with low ping without having to go to america, it would be interesting as i like to play a fair few skill shot champs :3
Unfortunately telstra is the only good net provider and they would charge ridiculous amounts for the server to be in aus! Though in a year or two i'd say there would be more than enough players to merit a server!