Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A guide for those who don't know how to handle Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crypto

09-28-2010

100% agreed. People just don't know how to counter vlad properly and usually throw their cc at him when his pool is off cooldown.

Fulgr1m

09-28-2010

To quote Ezreal:

"I believe we are going to pull back the duration on Sanguine Pool, and it probably won't pop projectiles anymore. To compensate (and to make the spell more consistent) we are considering making him invulnerable while in the pool."

This was what he told me when I asked him about the supposed nerfs coming to Vladimir. As far as I can tell this means that you can no longer evade Sion's stuns or other projectiles. It doesn't sound to bad, and they aren't completely changing his play style, hopefully.

But I totally agree with the OP, everything he listed is a way to completely shut down Vladimir in the game. Will people still QQ about him? Probably but I'm glad to see that someone is trying to remedy peoples failures another way other than nerfing. I don't want to see Vladimir go the way of Jax...

Zirkonium

09-28-2010

Only thing I dislike about him is the invulnerability on short cooldown. Everything on short cooldown should have a counter.

xPhantasm

09-28-2010

great guide, loved it, learned a lot

Keltai

09-28-2010

I find vlad easy to deal with. But thats cause i use WW/Anivia(slighty harder)/Other nukers.

SlyGoat

09-28-2010

Cool, but I notice you didn't mention the fact that Vlad is a guaranteed teamfight win. You really think the thing making Vlad overpowered (whether or not you personally believe he's overpowered, this is what you're focusing on) is his laning and ganking? Hahaha. No, sorry, it's the ridiculous AoE damage and damage amplification he does in team fights with R + E, and the fact that you can't focus him to deny him of that ridiculous damage because of his W, and as soon as he gets Zhonya's Ring he's guaranteed to get in at least 3 Es which is a ****load more damage than most casters can do, and most casters have to put themselves at some kind of risk to do it, while Vlad is completely invulnerable half the time.

HolyAvatar

09-28-2010

This guide is great. I hate to play against a good this will certainly help.

Jun41

09-28-2010

I'm discovering that Malzahar rapes Vlad hard at mid. I don't know how to play malzahar in teamfighting phase so I fail, but in 1v1 I dominate him until he gets his stupid 2 sec cooldown heal.

Ghimel

09-28-2010

Hmmm.. Mal is def a good counter for Vlad at mid. Late game, if you don't have the cc to obliterate him (and the rest of his team), then you lost at champ select.

Burning Rose

09-28-2010

Bump for the Public LoL Education System.