[Counter-Guide] How to Lane/Fight against Vlad (Or: Stop *****ing and read this)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Zod NA

11-06-2010

I had Mundo and Vlad in a side lane just the other night, playing as Garen with Corki.

That was a bloodbath. Ganking Vlad in mid is just a matter of silence/DEMACIAAA, while he pools through Judgement, as always.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
I had Mundo and Vlad in a side lane just the other night, playing as Garen with Corki.

That was a bloodbath. Ganking Vlad in mid is just a matter of silence/DEMACIAAA, while he pools through Judgement, as always.
I'm confused. Did you do well in the side-lane or did you do poorly?

The laning guide is more oriented toward solo lanes, so I can see how Vlad going with someone as early-game strong as Mundo could be a problem. I might look into adding more about side-lane Vlad. He's just such a common mid I didn't think it warranted it.

Dyluck81

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbedYou View Post
vlads not op ppl just too stupid too realize that his ult increases targets' dmg taken by 20% which is a lot in smackdowns, and always target vlad first, make him pool then finish him, make sure he doesn't have the chance to cast his ult on a whole team
14% extra damage, not 20% at any level

Smellis

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyluck81 View Post
14% extra damage, not 20% at any level
I cast, NECROMANCY! /sigh

Amazing though how well written this guide was back then and how much truth it holds now even with the "buffed" vlad. People are too busy crying about him rather than taking simple steps to improve their own play and beat him.

Jamochawoke

01-14-2011

Even though this is a little old, Vladimir himself hasn't been changed from this guide's inception point.

People need to read this.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

It doesn't count as necroing because its on the guide list.

>_>

In any case, more people should read this, seeing as how the anti-Vlad sentiment is rising up again.

Kopedinal

01-19-2011

Nice guide. For a noob like me, this is very helpful. I am learning Tristana at the moment, and met Vlad mid yesterday. After reading this thread, I now know that Explosive shot can really mess him up. Time to be more aggressive!

RoflTroll

01-19-2011

.- . Recently I've been seeing Vlad going Ionian Boot and Spirit Visage a fair bit. He's not terribly lethal, but DAAAAMN is he annoying.

You'd almost catch him, lolpool away, then by the time you catch up, he'd have pool AGAIN.

Very annoying, seriously.

Strider594

01-19-2011

I love playing Vlad, mostly cause he looks cool and I love to harras but its def true. A lot of times it seems like I can push ppl out of mid and xp deny very early because they just don't realize how long a refresh time his q has at low levels. And honestly there is no reason that should happen... Stuns are def Vlad's worse enemy..

ColonelArmy

01-23-2011

Would Veigar be one of the champions who are capable of punishing Vlad? He could punish Vlad hard with his Event Horizon + Dark Matter combo at early/mid game (it has superior range), and later on Vlad can always be killed with a single cast of ult.