thoughts on varus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiamondHost

11-28-2012

I'm expanding my collection of ADCs that aren't in the graves-corki-ezreal circle, and was looking at varus.

what are GD's thoughts on him?

I was also looking at draven...

Mage

11-28-2012

Varus is strong, yes, but no gap closer. He is my favourite ad carry in the game thus far. Alongside Swain.

I would prefer Varus over Draven any day

Squirrelagator

11-28-2012

High poke, high burst, unreliable AA steroid, strong counter-intitation/follow-up initiation, almost decent sustained damage.

I wonder if we can build him like Windrunner in DotA and send him into a 1v2 lane as a semi-carry while another AD/support go 2v1.

Pininfarina

11-28-2012

Both have their own strengths and weaknesses, draven is more mobile and has more early game damage but he also takes more skill to use efectively. Varus is a good counter to brusiers that don't have jump gap closers. His ult during team fights allows you better positioning

DiamondHost

11-28-2012

hmm...that's some stuff i hadn't thought about

how about his performance vs the "ad trinity"?

how would he fare against ezreal, who i pretty much see every game?

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
Varus is strong, yes, but no gap closer. He is my favourite ad carry in the game thus far. Alongside Swain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
ad carry.... Swain.
:C

DiamondHost

11-28-2012

swain adc is kinda viable, after all his base damages are pretty good, he has a sustain, his e amplifies ALL damage to the target, and he has a slow.

EDIT: base damages as in on his spells

Libra Man

11-28-2012

Against Ez hmmmm... It's definitely not an easy lane... possible to win for sure but more often than not it comes down to the support. Varus typically does best against lanes with little no sustain, he struggles to get kills against a Soraka lane but can destroy lanes with a Sona. He can win most lanes but you have to learn him pretty well before you do.
Also
Pubstomper adc

NotBuzzJack

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Man View Post
Against Ez hmmmm... It's definitely not an easy lane... possible to win for sure but more often than not it comes down to the support. Varus typically does best against lanes with little no sustain, he struggles to get kills against a Soraka lane but can destroy lanes with a Sona. He can win most lanes but you have to learn him pretty well before you do.
Also
Pubstomper adc
I've actually found he's really good at killing Soraka herself. His poke is just too much for her to take.

DiamondHost

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Man View Post
Also
Pubstomper adc
I'm all for learning the champion, he is definitely unique to other adc's which is why i was attracted to him in the first place