ganking a fed lane as a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

04-29-2012

no matter how long uv played jungler, everyone has faced this situation. The situation were one lane is so fed that no matter how many times that guy calls for some help, you must consider the fact that both of u will die and they will get a dragon . What do u guys say we do in these situations? do we gank their lane knowing its a bad idea to prove a point lol? These are the kinds of people that will cry until they get a gank and dc if u dont XD. Wut nowz?

3xyled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

in this scenario the only time you should consider ganking is if either the enemy is over extended, they are at around half health or lower, or they have expended their summoner spells and or ults. other than that you should steer clear.

Now any good player won't ask for a gank if the members involved aren't properly prepared, but if they do ask politely, and yes please be polite it doesn't help anyone to be rude, to either pull back a bit so they over extend, or harass a bit to expend some of those spells or get their health down. other than that the only time you should be in a lane where someone is fed is if the laner needs to b and they ask you to sub.

hope this helps.

rajo101

04-29-2012

I have seen this situation in lane as a support. someone gets ganked starting with a stun and losing health really fast, you know you can't save them, and so you run. Then they blame you for not helping. This is the best line for those situations =P.

ShivanAngel

04-30-2012

My favorite is when the top lane has pushed to the enemy tower the entire first 10 minutes and complains that the jungle never ganked for them.

Etherimp

04-30-2012

First 5 minutes of the game...

Top lane has enemy pushed to tower, and has not placed any wards, bot lane is getting zoned hard and mid lane is in a constant harass-o-war with the other mid lane..

Me: "I'll be bot as soon as I recall, hang tight."
Mid: (Dies to their mid) "PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING"
*top lane gets ganked by their jungler*
Top lane: "WTF NUB RAMMUS NO GANK I BEEN GANKED 4 TIMES BY SHACO"
Mid: (Now 2 deaths down) "PING PING PING PING PING PING"
I go bot lane, pick up 1 kill and allow the carry to get some farm
Top lane gets ganked again by pushing beyond mid point, still not having any wards.
Mid: (Now 3 deaths down) PING PING PING PING WTF RAMMUS U SUCK WHY NO GANK UNINSTALL NUB"

^-- Typical game as a jungler.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

Yep, us poor junglers get blamed for people being unable to control the push of their minion wave and last hit. Sad but true.

If you have pushed your lane, you will NOT get a gank. Reset creep wave, ask nicely.

First lane to get ganked by jungler should be one of the two lanes closest to the red buff. If your nexus is lower left, don't expect the first gank to be top, under most circumstances. If your nexus is upper right, don't expect the first gank to be bot lane, under most circumstances.

Normally, the best time to gank is immediately after getting red. Best place to gank is a lane close to the red buff. That way, you'll be able to get the maximum number of ganks with red buff in before it wears off.

Ganking mid is tougher than ganking a side lane, because the distance to tower is that much shorter. One flash and you are next to the tower, in most cases. That typically means that bot lane will get ganked first for blue side (lower left nexus) and top lane will get ganked first for purple side (upper right nexus). If mid is overextended, then mid makes a better first gank target, but only if they are over-extended.

Also, the greater number of people focusing down one enemy, the better. Meaning that 3v2 is stronger than 2v1. So bot lane has priority for ganks, except when far away from red, in which case gank another lane and work down to bot.

This implies that if you are top lane, you should be able to stand on your own, especially if you are on the blue side of the map.

Most characters clear jungle at around the 4 minute mark. You can not reasonably expect a gank before then. And if you are across the map from red buff, figure another couple minutes. That means you might need to hug the tower some. Learn that skill.

Jungler can NOT constantly gank all three lanes. Typically, priority is bot lane, then mid lane, then top lane. Why? Because you want the lanes by the dragon weak early, so your team can take dragon. Top lane? Not by dragon.

Proletaria

04-30-2012

Couple things I like to do when jungling randoms:
-Remind everyone at start that fighting under the enemy tower will make ganking difficult to impossible depending on the champ
-Remind everyone that they should notify with a ping if they feel they need some assistance
-Remind everyone to call sightings on the enemy jungler (if applicable) along with MIAs

If all of that fails (as it often does) and the, usually bottom, lane feeds hard then I generally try to organize something with the mid laner to gank the nuisance bot. Of course, if the feeder continues to play aggressive and die there's really nothing you can do. Try to make sure the fed champ is eliminated in team fights and hope that the rest of your team can make up for the rotten egg.

sleepyhollow2k12

10-17-2012

last game a trist when top fed fiora 5 kills 3 minutes in and complains why i never gank? How am i suppose to gank a super fed fiora with just wiggles