Riven or Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

10-15-2012

Who do you think is a more solid pick for solo top, Darius or Riven? Preferably, considering these aspects (and any other you judge important):

- Harder to counter
- Counter a wide range of champions
- Easy to play/master
- Helps the team
- Stronger in general
etc ...

Elyzian

10-15-2012

1. It depends really, early game riven is harder to counter because she has a dash and stun and can either engage you quickly or escape if you try to go in on her. Darius early game can be kited. After level 6 though darius just becomes really hard to lane against cause if you build armor his ult will just hit right through it and you can kite him all you want, a good darius will land an apprehend on you sooner or later and his ult shortly following. If his ult doesnt kill you, his 5 stacks of hem and ignite surely will.

2.Darius beats most top lane champs, ( so does riven, but darius more so imo)

3.Darius is very easy to play and pick up. Riven is easy to play but a a little bit harder to master.

4.Riven late game helps the team with her aoe stun and her q's which also do aoes and her ult can go through multiple targets. Darius is more single target based, but dishes out more damage with his ult refreshing upon kills. I think riven in terms of team fights is more helpful cause of said reasons.

5.In general darius is stronger.

Top lane is a snowball lane though, riven can beat darius pre lv 6 and if she gets first blood she can snowball off it. So while you should take the above into consideration, you should also keep this in mind.

I main top lane and riven is my go to top lane champion and i play darius frequently so this is just my two cents.

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Darius is stronger in the laning phase but he is prone to ganks
Riven scales better and has a better kit for teamfights
If you want a easy win top i'd pick darius. If your looking for a more versatile champ that brings alot to teamfights pick riven.

Glaedien

10-16-2012

I'm actually rather interested in this as well, been considering buying one of these champs.

In other words, bump for more opinions.

Mr Fáhrenheit

10-17-2012

Darius all the way!
That ult makes you have a wonderful time!
Plus its easy to use. Just build DMG and tankiness and you will be fine!

Phil McGroin

10-17-2012

I adore Riven solo top, simply because she's so easy for the other team to underestimate. She is the queen of turning a jungle gank into a 1v2 kill. They come in for a gank, you wait till they're both in stun range.. stun them, jump about and let out a few "ah-ah-HAH!"s amongst your passive-buffed autoattacks to get off your full combo. That passive buff on your AAs is surprisingly strong.

If that first combo lowers them enough that they back out of the gank, then suddenly you can ulti, stun them again, chase them with your E, finish them off with an ignite and your amazing execute from your ulti.. If you can master this, you will start seeing the magical "/all *** you Riven OP" chats

If they however tank through your damage after the first combo, you can usually stun them, then flash + Q + E back to safety. And if that safety is a tower and they try to dive you... stun them under it, combo again, keep your valor shield up.. you've probably got both of them dead.

Glaedien

10-17-2012

So, I just got Riven and played a match, holy **** she's fun. Still haven't had a chance to try Darius, but I'm almost positive he wouldn't be nearly as fun as Riven is.

Nishaven90

10-17-2012

Darius is probably a better pick than Riven currently.

Kystys

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
Darius is probably a better pick than Riven currently.
Nah, Darius is just so much easier to play as, or as I call him 'herp derp'.

In fact it's that easiness that I really dislike him.