State of the Scar...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG Denz Brujah

10-14-2012

Now that the S2WC for SR are done and in the books ....
I was hoping Riot would chime in on what they hope to do for S3 with regards to Dominion in specific. I say hope because I know committing to anything or any timeline is essentially shooting yourself in the foot and said foot will often kick you in the arse later if you can not deliver. So Tryndamere, Ryze, Morello, Nome & crew how about an update.

As for the community what is it you are hoping for ?

I know many will say Ranked but I would like it to go one step further. I want to see the Dom community represented at S3WC 2013. I personally feel Dominion is more than ready to break into the mainstream competitive scene as shown to us by the amazing folks over at DominateDominion.com.

We have already heard from Riot that there will be an item overhaul and Morello has already stated many of the characters that were popular during the S2WC will not make it to S3 unscathed (many of these are also considered cheesecake or T1 on Dominion)

Aetherion1234567

10-14-2012

While I, too, think it would be awesome to see Dominion and Dom-specific teams at the S3WC, I doubt that would happen. What I think is more possible is for Riot to set aside prize money for Dominion tournaments (while surely less than the $$$ for SR, it would be nice of them to promote this game mode that they claimed would change MOBA gaming). In the end, at the very least I am pulling for Ranked at the elimination of Normal Draft.

frumper

10-14-2012

Only people that are into moba could spectate the S2WC and enjoy it. I think dominion could have mass appeal from a spectator perspective that just isn't possible with SR and that Riot wants to get things right before they push competitive dominion play to not alienate the traditional moba fans that made this game so popular.

If they don't push forward with ranked dominion in s3 and push tournaments, I'll be very dissapointed.