Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts?

Good Idea 132 57.64%
Bad Idea 53 23.14%
Get off my forum you darn hippie. 44 19.21%
Voters 229 .

How about taking a page from Global Agenda? You leave a game, can't join another

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solypsys

09-28-2010

Quote:
Drakantus:
Sounds great. As an alternative, you could let the leaver queue into a special "leaver's queue" during the 4, 8, 12 w/e hour period, which would ONLY match with other leavers.

Queue dodging or leaving during champion select should be treated the exact same as leaving during the game IMO, as it's a way of cheating the system and only playing when you have an optimal team.

I agree except for the queue dodging part. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying as **** when you get an incredibly solid team set up (especially solo) and you don't even get to play it. Conversely however I don't like to be held responsible because the guy lucky enough to get bans/first pick didn't know any better and chose his "main" (teemo) and only banned the counters to teemo (everything?).

Korupt66

09-28-2010

I completely agree with this, leavers are ruining the game at mid-low elo. I think an hour for the first leave is fine, but after that ramp it up!

Cozalt

09-28-2010

Quote:
Etyn:
This would promote;

People playing a different game. Something Riot wants to avoid I would imagine.

People making massive amounts of smurf account, again something I imagine Riot wants to avoid.

Two points I was about to make, especially about the smurf accounts.

This would give even more reason to smurf, unless of course you ban the IP (Internet Protocol, not Riot's version of it.)

But banning the IP would definitely make players switch to another game, which as was said, not what Riot wants.

Dantage

09-28-2010

Yeah, lets totally learn from Global Agenda, a game that has pretty much failed. Have you seen their forums? Posts stay on first page for a week. While it might be nice to be petty and punitively punish those that leave, it isn't good for the longterm health of a game. Right now, if you leave a game you can't join a new queue until the abandoned game is finished. That's stricter than HoN where you could just leave and join a new game immediately. I think that the current system is in a good place where it encourages people to man up and finish the game yet also leaves open a less palatable choice of just leaving if your team won't just surrender.

CecilRhodes

09-28-2010

Quote:
Dantage:
Yeah, lets totally learn from Global Agenda, a game that has pretty much failed. Have you seen their forums? Posts stay on first page for a week. While it might be nice to be petty and punitively punish those that leave, it isn't good for the longterm health of a game. Right now, if you leave a game you can't join a new queue until the abandoned game is finished. That's stricter than HoN where you could just leave and join a new game immediately. I think that the current system is in a good place where it encourages people to man up and finish the game yet also leaves open a less palatable choice of just leaving if your team won't just surrender.

Doesn't HoN have a leaver's type queue, though?

I'd be fine with the idea for ranked only. You shouldn't play ranked if you have spotty internet to begin with.

ThuggleS

09-28-2010

I agree that leave penalties should be very harsh for ranked games.

Alpengeist

09-28-2010

I like it.

Weeshnog 01

09-28-2010

I approve.
Leavers have screwed up the last 4 or five games I've had that should have been wins, but 2v3/4v5 is just unfair.

Raptamei

09-28-2010

You realise people will just feed or walk around town instead?

DntEatYellwSnw

09-28-2010

people will leave and come back 20 minutes later so they don't get the penalty, to easy to abuse, but i agree that something needs to be done.