Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts?

Good Idea 132 57.64%
Bad Idea 53 23.14%
Get off my forum you darn hippie. 44 19.21%
Voters 229 .

How about taking a page from Global Agenda? You leave a game, can't join another

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etteril

09-28-2010

Quote:
Solaxee:
Good idea. If someone had REAL reason to leave the game (accident or sth), 4 hours won't hurt him

Nah. I think the first leave should be less strict, in case of disconnect. It would suck to spend an entire game trying desperately to reconnect, only to find that "hey, sucks to be you, even though you resolved your Internet problem, you don't get to play this evening like you planned"

Fantastiballs

09-28-2010

This will just make them pad sit, which is probably more annoying.

Viscule

09-28-2010

Quote:
Etteril:
Nah. I think the first leave should be less strict, in case of disconnect. It would suck to spend an entire game trying desperately to reconnect, only to find that "hey, sucks to be you, even though you resolved your Internet problem, you don't get to play this evening like you planned"

This. I've seen a streamer on JTV be unable to reconnect for some reason. It happened to me not long ago also.

dissonancy

09-28-2010

I support the suggestion but not in queue dodging. I play this game for fun, yes, but I also play to win.
My idea of fun is not having 4 people who instantly lock in as Teemo, Evelynn, Tryndamere and Katarina or a team that is immature and gets into fights at champion select for whatever reason.

Syradin

Recruiter

09-28-2010

Something like setting it up so that if you leave more than 10 (just a random irrelevant number) games per month you will be put into games exclusively with other leavers and be restricted from joining ranked games for the remainder of the month. Then at the beginning of the month you will be put back into the regular match making queue with the rest of the normal players.

That doesn't prevent people from playing the game. But it does make it less enjoyable for the people who leave games too often. But not permanently.

Just my input however, I may just be crazy who knows.

Boreall

09-28-2010

I agree with the overall point, but start with one hour. and scale into 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, Etc, and have it reset every month. That would do well to discourage people from leaving.

Don't give this penalty from a queue dodge > I don't wanna play a match with eve that has Revive and teleport

Zylina

09-28-2010

Yeah, out of 900+ games I've only got 2 leaves and those were due to power outages.

I think that your idea, or something similar to it, should be implemented.

d3nyd

09-28-2010

If you leave a game you can't start another one until the current one is over.

Or did they change that?

Lexoon

Recruiter

09-28-2010

Quote:
d3nyd:
If you leave a game you can't start another one until the current one is over.

Or did they change that?

Nope, you have the choice to reconnect, or you can go join another game.

Etyn

Recruiter

09-28-2010

This would promote;

People playing a different game. Something Riot wants to avoid I would imagine.

People making massive amounts of smurf account, again something I imagine Riot wants to avoid.