Thoughts?

Good Idea 132 57.64%
Bad Idea 53 23.14%
Get off my forum you darn hippie. 44 19.21%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

How about taking a page from Global Agenda? You leave a game, can't join another

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2010

for 1 hour. Leave again, can't join another game for 2 hours, then 4, then 8 hours. This number keeps going up as you leave more games. This number resets and starts over at the end of each month, but keeps scaling until that month is over. Leave 10 games and have fun playing another game... This is for both ranked and norm games!

See a pattern? Not quite like GA, but still. Even if you DC in that game, you can't play for a while. In all my time playing GA, I have never had people leave unless they DC'd.

For LoL we need to have a grace rule. If you DC and come back to the same game while it is still in progress, don't count it as a leave. Also on days where the servers are failing, turn this rule off.

Thoughts?

After reading through the replies I am including a few edits.

Queue dodging is annoying, and we all had to put up with it. I don’t dodge and really can’t stand the people that do, because hey, guess what. You just added up to 10 minutes in the darn queue for all your (ex) teammates while LoL finds us another game. If you queue dodge, you can’t join another game for 15 min, and you are marked as having left the game. Problem solved.

For the afkers, the answer is simple. If you do not get an assist, or a champion kill in 15 minutes, you are flagged as an afker or feeder (the first 10 min of the game do not count towards this.... Let’s say "Lane phase", so the rule comes into effect after the first 10 min), and get nothing for the game (no IP/XP). I mean look, even when I play a tank or even when I play as Teemo (yes, I do that from time to time) I still get at least an assist every few minutes. 15 min should be enough. Hell, some games are over faster than that!

JediDwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Sounds good to me. I've only ever left like 4 games, and 3 of them were DC issues. The 4th was because there was a massive thunderstorm rolling in and I didn't want my expensive gaming computer to get fried.

This shouldn't proc on queue dodges though. Queue dodging is annoying, but shouldn't mean you need to sit out 4 hours.

SamuraiPanda

09-28-2010

I'd say make the first penalty much less strict (even I have disconned from internet problems before, and it would suck to wait 8 hours to play), have the reset on, say, 2 weeks, and have the scaling go up quickly.

If that isn't enough then they can always ramp it up after that.

Ike

09-28-2010

4 hours is WAY too excessive.

you need a time where people wont feel like waiting to join another game

id say an hour + whatever it takes to end the game they left is more reasonable

Triandel

09-28-2010

i approve.

CrimsonWraith

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexoon View Post
Even if you DC in that game, you can't play for a while.
This is going to be a sticking point for a lot of people. But, I'm with you. The reason that people hate leavers is that they unbalance a game that relies on balanced teams to work correctly. As a result, people who disconnect have the exact same effect on the other nine people in the game, as leavers do.

I'm sorry that you have a shoddy internet connection and that the only ISP in your area is horrible, honestly I weep for you. That doesn't mean that you get to ruin my, and eight other people's, games with impunity.

EDIT: Also, eight hours is light. Make it 24, 48, 96, 192, etc.

Suino

09-28-2010

4 hours is good

I think should be one day

Solaxee

09-28-2010

Good idea. If someone had REAL reason to leave the game (accident or sth), 4 hours won't hurt him

Drakantus

09-28-2010

Sounds great. As an alternative, you could let the leaver queue into a special "leaver's queue" during the 4, 8, 12 w/e hour period, which would ONLY match with other leavers.

Queue dodging or leaving during champion select should be treated the exact same as leaving during the game IMO, as it's a way of cheating the system and only playing when you have an optimal team.

Lexoon

Recruiter

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
Sounds great. As an alternative, you could let the leaver queue into a special "leaver's queue" during the 4, 8, 12 w/e hour period, which would ONLY match with other leavers.

Queue dodging or leaving during champion select should be treated the exact same as leaving during the game IMO, as it's a way of cheating the system and only playing when you have an optimal team.
That is a GREAT idea.

I am sick and tired of people leaving just because Trist didn't give Ashe mid.... I mean wth....

12345 ... 8