The hot new sales girl...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
On (second?) Topic:
It's quite clear that potheads will be potheads.
Us NON-potheads will just steer clear of that nonsense, thank you very much.

Btw, I like how none of the pothead / pothead sympathizers was willing to challenge me on my statement regarding the common use of cocaine and cocaine based products in the field of medicine as opposed to Marijuana which has incredibly limited / controversial use. Yes... wise choice, they would have gotten owned.
I don't bother to challenge you because you are so close-minded. Oh, and everyone is a pothead if they smoked it once I suppose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Do you like, wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and say, "****, I'm awesome!"
Hell yes.


Is there any other way to wake up? Would you find it more acceptable for someone to wake up and be Emo about life?

Confidence and energy will get you further than apathy and self-pity.

Quote:
Can't really disagree with the facts. It is what it is. I like weed, but i will not deny that medical marijuana is a sham (especially smoking it). It does have some potentially useful medicinal qualities to it, but just ingesting or smoking the entire plant is not an effective means of treatment because of the psychoactive properties. Then again, people still get prescribed powerful narcotics for medicinal purposes. It would be awesome if medical science could pinpoint the useful cannabinoids and produce pills containing extracts of these canabinioids.
Sigh, you know I can't really argue when you are using logic.

I agree that it would be excellent if they could find the appropriate method to utilize marijuana, that is, a method that the medical community would agree on. Who knows, maybe it'll be the new penicillin one day /shrug


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbedeli
Your saying marijuana is bad because you don't have any idea about the medicinal effects of the substance
No, that's not even remotely close to what I was saying. My point was/is; the Medical use of Marijuana is extremely controversial for a reason.

I'm not going to lie and say I know the debate inside and out, I don't, I admit it; but what I do know is that ... cocaine based products for example, come from a substance commonly believed to be "Pure Evil" , yet they're used every day all over the world for many fields of medicine.


I can prove that Cocaine is good.
You and others cannot prove the same for Marijuana.


Quote:
all of the substances you named (Alcohol, Cocaine, and Nicotine), have side-effects with a higher severity profile than marijuana. Enough to cause death in patients.
I'd be very surprised if you could find a single death caused by the controlled application of Alcohol, Cocaine or Nicotine based products in the field of medicine.

I'm not a doctor, but I associate closely with many and what you're describing just doesn't happen, at least not outside of incredibly strenuous circumstances.

Quote:
Or maybe I thought too highly of you in the gender debate
Flattery will get you everywhere <3

But no, I don't call people "Some dumb pothead" unless they earn it. You seem to speak with a strong voice with obvious thought put into your words, even if you disagree with me, why would I talk down to you? that would be nonsense.

People who respond with :
"DUHHH YOU B STUPID, HEMP FTW MOTHA ****A LOLOLL"
"Dude, like, weed rules, its all good, no side effects or nuthin"
"I'm an intelligent person and I believe pot is harmless and increases my quality of life"


... are the ones I mock.

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbinapples

... drugs which have been repeatedly listed by our resident moron, are Alcohol, Cocaine, and Nicotine. I am a smoker, a drinker, and i have partaken in cocaine, and find it to be of very little value.

...the same person who sings praises to the benefits and usage of those three drugs, regards marijuana as utter "garbage" with "dubious medicinal value"

...I think this person is HIGHLY misinformed on the topic of marijuana

...likely comes from a background which has bought into the propaganda and literature released to legitimize the illegality of a rather benign drug


/Facepalm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobbinapples

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post

I'd be very surprised if you could find a single death caused by the controlled application of Alcohol, Cocaine or Nicotine based products in the field of medicine.

I'm not a doctor, but I associate closely with many and what you're describing just doesn't happen, at least not outside of incredibly strenuous circumstances.


Yes, not a single death caused by the controlled application of any of those substances. That isn't really saying much. I'm pretty sure that the argument for no deaths from marijuana falls under the category of uncontrolled application.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobbinapples

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
/Facepalm
And what did you face palm over? The fact that I was certifying my degree of FIRST HAND experience with the chemicals which you so generously applaud?

I'm actually not sure if you even deserve a response right now, because I posted a fairly in-depth post, of which you have not debated any of the points I bring up. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathbedeli

Senior Member

09-29-2010

A pretty decent response, althought I have one qualm about something you mentioned. (And apparently I edited my post after you already replied to it lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
I can prove that Cocaine is good.
You and others cannot prove the same for Marijuana.
That's where your wrong. Or mistaken.

You can prove that Cocaine is used commonly in medicine. Sure.
However it is unreasonable to do the same for marijuana when it has had no chance to be researched medicinally before it was outlawed.

The proof you seek hasn't yet been researched to the same extent cocaine has, and thus it is unreasonable to expect definitive proof of its medicinal properties.

But, speaking from personal experience, I can prove Marijuana is good and has beneficial attributes for myself, and a few close others. (It might be worth it to re-read my edited post)

Also, no chemical is inherently "evil". It may have a strong stigma attached to it, but that should have no barring on whether or not it should/could be used medicinally.

Im not a doctor myself. But I am currently studying Pharmacy at my local college before I head up and go for a Pharm.D.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogunz

Senior Member

09-29-2010

These cats all be gaming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbedeli View Post
You can prove that Cocaine is used commonly in medicine. Sure.
However it is unreasonable to do the same for marijuana when it has had no chance to be researched medicinally before it was outlawed.

The proof you seek hasn't yet been researched to the same extent cocaine has, and thus it is unreasonable to expect definitive proof of its medicinal properties.
You cannot be serious, while it's true that Medicinal Marijuana is a relatively new concept for humanity, it has had millions of dollars in research in the U.S. and comparable amounts of currency have been spent in other countries as well.

It has and still is being researched to a ludicrous degree.

Conversely, Cocaine has been used for many years without requiring anywhere near as much funding or research.

Cocaine:
(I believe) Freud used Cocaine for various medical reasons as early as 1885.

I'm not 100% versed in the history, but I believe from his humble use of the drug, many of the modern day applications were derived. Again, this was done without the then equivalent of millions of dollars of funding and research.


My comparison is still valid. Since the majority of the studies performed are inconclusive and therefore, unintentionally prove my point.

Quote:
Also, no chemical is inherently "evil". It may have a strong stigma attached to it, but that should have no barring on whether or not it should/could be used medicinally.
Which is why I said "believed to be"? O_o

Quote:
Im not a doctor myself. But I am currently studying Pharmacy at my local college before I head up and go for a Pharm.D.
Nice.

Maybe you'll make it big someday and put an end to this kind of debate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobbinapples

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
You cannot be serious, while it's true that Medicinal Marijuana is a relatively new concept for humanity....

....Conversely, Cocaine has been used for many years without requiring anywhere near as much funding or research.


What?? Medicinal Marijuana is a relatively new concept to humanity? Since when?

A quick google search of "Medicinal Marijuana history" points to a Time magazine article which, among other things, says -

Quote:
As early as 2737 B.C., the mystical emperor Shen Neng of China was prescribing marijuana tea for the treatment of gout, rheumatism, malaria and, oddly enough, poor memory.
Quote:
By the late 18th century, early editions of American medical journals recommend hemp seeds and roots for the treatment of inflamed skin, incontinence and venereal disease. Irish doctor William O'Shaughnessy first popularized marijuana's medical use in England and America. As a physician with the British East India Company, he found marijuana eased the pain of rheumatism and was helpful against discomfort and nausea in cases of rabies, cholera and tet****.
You can read the whole article at http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101021104/history.html

So where the hell did you get the idea that "medicinal marijuana is a relatively new concept"? If anything, the concept seems to be as old as civilization itself.

Conversely, the medicinal use of Cocaine is actually a rather recent phenomenon. See this link http://www.google.com/search?q=histo...ed=0CFEQ5wIwCg .

I think you are rather misinformed on many topics of which you feel you know something about. HINT: Just because you hang around doctors, doesn't mean you are a doctor. I'm not sure if you understand that, so I'll put it in a way you might. Hanging around black people doesn't make you black.

EDIT: You just got ****ing served. Moron.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbinapples View Post
*Snip*
This is the kind of garbage that I usually mock.

Let me disarm your extremely poor argument with a question:
Did you know people used to use copper wires in the ancient times to hold together pieces of metal(Gold/etc) to replace teeth?

WHOA, THAT'S TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS WHAT THEY DO TODAY IN PROSTHETIC DENTISTRY.

Oh wait...

There is a massive difference between:



"Something happened in the past where people used it".
and
"This is commonly accepted medical practice".



Cocaine was presented by (Someone correct me if I'm wrong?) Freud and this lead to the medical community embracing the drug as a tool, leading to cocaine products/laws/etc/etc. This is not the same as some guy somewhere chewing coca leaves to relieve gum pains.

How can you possibly be confused by this?
Too much pot probably...

What you're doing is , you're trying to pass off misinformation, or at least a gross exaggeration / misinterpretation of facts as some kind of evidence that "Refutes" my earlier claims.


You know, I think there's a term for that... oh yeah
A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT


gg pothead. Good job googling information and completely failing at interpreting it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobbinapples

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
This is the kind of garbage that I usually mock.

Let me disarm your extremely poor argument with a question:
Did you know people used to use copper wires in the ancient times to hold together pieces of metal(Gold/etc) to replace teeth?

WHOA, THAT'S TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS WHAT THEY DO TODAY IN PROSTHETIC DENTISTRY.

Oh wait...

There is a massive difference between:



"Something happened in the past where people used it".
and
"This is commonly accepted medical practice".



Cocaine was presented by (Someone correct me if I'm wrong?) Freud and this lead to the medical community embracing the drug as a tool, leading to cocaine products/laws/etc/etc. This is not the same as some guy somewhere chewing coca leaves to relieve gum pains.

How can you possibly be confused by this?
Too much pot probably...

What you're doing is , you're trying to pass off misinformation, or at least a gross exaggeration / misinterpretation of facts as some kind of evidence that "Refutes" my earlier claims.


You know, I think there's a term for that... oh yeah
A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT


gg pothead. Good job googling information and completely failing at interpreting it.

Hrm, seems like i hit a nerve or something, because you actually responded to my least interesting post (IMO.) And before you go off saying things about misinterpretation, etc, I would just like to say I'm not exactly sure what you're touting off about medicinal cocaine for so strongly about (Which is why I provide you with the reality that - hanging out with doctors does not make you one). It has been used medicinally (and accepted as such) as a local anesthetic, but that's about it. And there are better, non-addictive alternatives to cocaine for that purpose - Which brings me to my original point, which you STILL have refused to respond to me about -

The withdrawal syndromes associated with all of the drugs you mentioned, vs the extremely mild, if not nonexistant withdrawal syndrome of marijuana. Especially, I would like to know your opinion on the medical use of Marijuana as a pain reliever, in opposition to the more commonly prescribed opiates (Morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc.) which (as most people know) have an extremely strong potential for psychological as well as physical addiction.

Or is cocaine the only thing you feel like talking about?

Also, I wouldn't suggest that you start accusing other people of logical fallacies, when you are quite guilty of some heinous errors in thought yourself.