The hot new sales girl...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogunz

09-29-2010

Gamers have no sense of humor and no fun to talk to.

Fropsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogunz View Post
Gamers have no sense of humor and no fun to talk to.
I hate it when someone has no Fun to talk to. I'm all "Dude, where is your Fun? I was hoping i could chat with it" I bring my Fun everywhere i go, because i know people love talking to it. My Fun is very social.

Mogunz

09-29-2010

This guy is gaming.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropsi View Post
I don't think there is any correlation between smoking and any kind of "poking", euphemistic or otherwise, so i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being facetious. I'm currently dating someone who smokes about half a pack a day. Do i wish she would quit? Yes, but mostly because its a financial drain for a chemical fix that isn't all that great and much worse health wise than many other enjoyable drugs. Does it make her unattractive? Not in the slightest. I would venture to guess that most of you who complain about a girl having "ash tray" mouth/breath/whatever, have never actually been romantically involved with someone who smokes but is not a chain smoker. It's really not that bad at all. The bad breath/taste thing is only an issue if you're kissing this person within 10 minutes of them having just smoked a cigarette. Even then, its not a huge deal in the slightest.

My thought on smoking basically boil down to this: if you're going to have a full-on physical addiction to a chemical, don't half-ass it. Choose a drug thats at least has a more interesting high than cigarettes.Not being dependent on any drug is preferable though.Just use in moderation and avoid the really dumb stuff like meth and duster. Vaporize or ingest some marijuana every once in awhile. No tar, no carcinogens, no smoke. The claims that marijuana usage (that doesnt involve smoking) has long term negative effects is dubious at best. Marijuana's medical usage is limited, but it does exist. Relieves nausea, reduces risk of getting glaucoma, and its active ingredients (THC and cannabidiol) are in fact anti-carcinogenic.

EDIT: Before anyone says "OMG PROOV IT" here is where i got my info on the anti-carcinogenic properties of Marijuana :http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/conten....full.pdf+html
Calm down, bro. I was quoting Family Guy.

Fropsi

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coedeed View Post
Calm down, bro. I was quoting Family Guy.
I said i would give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were being facetious. I guess i just didn't catch the reference because Family guy stopped being funny a long time ago. 95% of most episodes these days consist of "Hey (insert character name here), remember that one time i (ridiculous scenario involving a pop culture reference)?"

Yawn.

Ssraeshza

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropsi View Post
I said i would give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were being facetious. I guess i just didn't catch the reference because Family guy stopped being funny a long time ago. 95% of most episodes these days consist of "Hey (insert character name here), remember that one time i (ridiculous scenario involving a pop culture reference)?"

Yawn.
I can't disagree with the statement that Family Guy sucks, however, I always have to add the "But South Park sucks harder". Since South Park is such garbage, it is my duty to ... well... add that fact.

On (second?) Topic:
It's quite clear that potheads will be potheads.
Us NON-potheads will just steer clear of that nonsense, thank you very much.

Btw, I like how none of the pothead / pothead sympathizers was willing to challenge me on my statement regarding the common use of cocaine and cocaine based products in the field of medicine as opposed to Marijuana which has incredibly limited / controversial use. Yes... wise choice, they would have gotten owned.

Wa-chhhh!

Elan Tedronai

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
Btw, I like how none of the pothead / pothead sympathizers was willing to challenge me on my statement regarding the common use of cocaine and cocaine based products in the field of medicine as opposed to Marijuana which has incredibly limited / controversial use. Yes... wise choice, they would have gotten owned.

Wa-chhhh!
Do you like, wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and say, "****, I'm awesome!"

Fropsi

09-29-2010

Quote:

Wa-chhhh!

Can't really disagree with the facts. It is what it is. I like weed, but i will not deny that medical marijuana is a sham (especially smoking it). It does have some potentially useful medicinal qualities to it, but just ingesting or smoking the entire plant is not an effective means of treatment because of the psychoactive properties. Then again, people still get prescribed powerful narcotics for medicinal purposes. It would be awesome if medical science could pinpoint the useful cannabinoids and produce pills containing extracts of these canabinioids.

Deathbedeli

09-29-2010

Quote:
Marijuana produces smoke. Smoke is bad.
Marijuana has tar. Tar is bad.
Marijuana is harmful to your "Reaction" speed, in the short and long term.

I'm sure some Heroin addicts led a far more pleasant life during their long time of abuse. That doesn't mean the heroin was directly responsible for it.

Maybe you did well, but I know for a fact that people who smoke garbage like pot almost never end well, intellectually or physically.

To take it a step further:
Alcohol has commonly accepted medicinal usage.
Cocaine has common accepted medicinal usage, cocaine based products are used every day all around the world, legally.
NICOTINE of all substances, also has medicinal use.

At absolute best, the medicinal use of marijuana is extremely controversial. At the worst, it's a joke.
So to sum up your post... You are saying marijuana is bad because you don't believe in the validity of it's medicinal effects, while also saying other things are of medicinal value such as cocaine based on the fact that it's used "commonly".

Sure cocaine is a great topical anesthetic. Sure alochol is a great antiseptic. Sure nicotine can be used medicinally. (well for the most part to wean patients off of cigarettes and the such) But think about it. Cocaine affects your reaction speed. Hmm. So does Alcohol, and Nicotine. (Nicotine to a lesser extent)

And to take it a step further, all of the substances you named (Alcohol, Cocaine, and Nicotine), have side-effects with a higher severity profile than marijuana. Enough to cause death in patients.

Legality has no role in the benefits of any sort of medicine. If it works for you, then that's all that matters. And personally I believe that you shouldn't have to be judged by other people to recieve medicine that is "deemed" appropriate for you. You know yourself. You know what works and what doesn't. If you do your own research, and know enough about yourself to know what is normal and what isn't, then finding medicine that should help you wouldn't be such a problem, if it could be acquired.

An example of this is Ibogaine, which is a psychoactive substance, that can be used to break the addictive cycles of certain substances. Is it legal? Of course not, how would the Tobacco and drug industry continue to function if people found a cheap effective way to solve their problems?

Personally I find great value in the medicinal component of marijuana, with both anxiety relief and clear-headed thinking. Maybe that might not fit in with your percieved notion of marijuana, but that isn't important. If it can help just one person, then it is a medicine. Surely, you of all people, should understand that. Or maybe I thought too highly of you in the gender debate, I guess that's to be decided.

Go ahead and call me a pothead if you want. But you cannot deny the truth of my words.

Oh and I caught that backhand.

Bobbinapples

09-29-2010

I'm not entirely sure where all of this garbage about "The medicinal use of marijuana is dubious".

It is used effectively to treat AIDs wasting syndrome, increasing the appetite of those people. It can be used effectively to manage pain, without an intense withdrawal syndrome - which is a point that I am yet to have seen brought up in this thread.

To give you a little bit of background, over the course of about 2 years, 2 years ago, I was on again off again addicted to opiates. The one of which I was drawn to strongest was tramadol due to it's availability and effects (I know many people don't have very good reactions to this chemical.). It's availability has been partly due in fact by it's advertisement as a "non addictive" pain killer. Oh how we could all wish there was such a thing (and there is, more on that later). I honestly should have been more cautious, especially since Tramadol has slight SNRI action as well as working on opiate receptors within the brain. The 2 of these combined means that you will go through 2 sets of withdrawal symptoms at the same time.

Where am I going with this? the first 2 times I quit cold turkey, I was feverish, but could still keep my head together.

On my 3rd (and last time) to quit tramadol cold turkey, I ended up being put into a psych ward for a week. I was manic, partially insane, and undergoing some very unpleasant physical side effects from the abrupt discontinuation of the tramadol.

Now, to get back on topic - The three drugs which have been repeatedly listed by our resident moron, are Alcohol, Cocaine, and Nicotine. I am a smoker, a drinker, and i have partaken in cocaine, and find it to be of very little value. I have also researched all of the aforementioned drugs and all of them produce a withdrawal symptom, from the nagging headaches and urge to smoke a cigarette, to the psychotic manic reaction of long term cocaine use, to the physically debilitating (not to mention life threatening) as well as psychologically disruptive withdrawal of an alcoholic.

And yet, the same person who sings praises to the benefits and usage of those three drugs, regards marijuana as utter "garbage" with "dubious medicinal value". Did I mention that marijuana has little to no withdrawal syndrome? You can abruptly stop smoking marijuana after having done it for years at a time without any significantly life-effecting side-effects. It may just be me, but I think this person is HIGHLY misinformed on the topic of marijuana, and likely comes from a background which has bought into the propaganda and literature released to legitimize the illegality of a rather benign drug.