Need help with nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BearJew

11-19-2009

I play Nasus a lot and my build is usually like

1.meki two healthpots

2.meki to chalice

3.Mercury treads

4.sheen

5.starks

6.sheen to trinity

7 sunfire

8 frozen heart

So my finished build is Chalice,Treads,Trinity,Stark Sunfire, Frozen

I play as a pusher/tank so just wondering even though store isn't out yet what runes should i get i know cool down for sure but undecided on rest.

keftes

Recruiter

11-20-2009

Try not tanking (or pick a better tank hero) and give this spec a try.You might be amazed:

Meki-->Fiendish Codex-->Stinger-->Nashor's
Sheen
Infinity
Get a warmog's or mallet or even banshee's veil depending on your opponent's setup
Bl.Cleaver

Maleagant

11-20-2009

yeah Nasus makes a great (arguably better) lane pusher as a dps build not a tank.

My usual item build goes....

1. Meki (sometimes a pot some times not) =======> Philo's Stone
2. Berserker's Greaves
3. Sheen
4. Bloodthirster
5. Phantom Dancer
6. Infinity Edge

If the game goes particually long or I am getting luck and getting more kills than assists...

Upgrade Sheen to Trinity Force
Sell Meki buy Nashor's Tooth

If the team is decidedly lacking in tanking (well ya shoulda went with a different champ but :P)

I will often take Warmonger's early and skip Inifity Edge. Possibly changing out boots for one of the more tankie ones too.

Labomba

11-20-2009

Meki + 2 health pots
Philosopher's stone
Mercury Treads
Sheen
Last Whisper
Stark's Fervor (love the leech) or Force of Nature if I need MR
TriForce

If the game lasts past this, I go for Phantom Dancer.

I don't build Nasus as a tank. Usually with my item build and his ult popped, I can take whatever damage comes. I don't initiate battles, I'll leave that to someone like Malphite or similar.

MajorChipHazzard

11-20-2009

You can build nasus a million different ways. Here is my balanced nasus:

Chalice of Harmony
Mercury's Treads
Tri-Force
Frozen Mallet
Starks
????

This gives you enough mana regen to farm indefinitely, enough magic resist to shrug off AoE and such, decent damage, a slow on hit (nasus needs frozen mallet always), and starks for team pushes and extra lifesteal.

The great thing about nasus is that tri-force is all you really need for DPS, after which you can build whatever you want. More damage never hurts.

e: Nasus is a good candidate for C/D reduction also. Brutalizer isn't bad in offensive builds.

Ginebra

01-14-2010

I usually get Beserker's greave, and sheen first. Then Tri force then Stark's Fervor. Ifthe match lasts that long, then I get several hearts of gold and maybe some armor just to make sure I can survive the end game ganking.

Lightwrks

01-14-2010

Need more Aegis of the Legion.

Hyfe

01-14-2010

OP, your item choices are good, better than most of the other posts. I've probably won like 18 of my last 20 games with Nasus, and I build similar to you. I've been doing sheen first and then a survivability item (banshees vs caster, frozen heart vs dps) before starks (unless someone else is getting it) and then finishing trinity force and sunfire. I skip chalice because I rush sheen and then keep after the golem buff and I have mana regen glyphs, but it's probably worth it for the magic resist vs casters. And pretty much always merc treads.

I do movespeed quints, armor pen marks, hp/lvl seals, and mana regen/lvl glyphs, but that's just a pretty general all around good rune page. Flat HP quints is probably viable also. As well as dodge seals, and CDR glyphs.

Gathox

01-14-2010

Good job on checking the posted date.