Nasus still king

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TMoneyz13

10-13-2012

So I recently started playin Nasus again and love him more than ever. I'll sit under a turret an last hit till 20 minutes. I know people are gonna say deny his Q farm an he is useless. But if you know how to play cautious at first he is a monster. Just wondering who is his biggest counter top? And is jungle Nasus viable?

futuresight23

10-13-2012

As far as counters go, I would say aggressive champions that can bully Nasus out of lane. Champions that are not willing to wait 20 minutes for Nasus to turn into a god. Thinking Jayce would be a major problem just to name one champion.

Jungle Nasus can be described as this: he can gank using his wither, he can sustain with his passive lifesteal, his clear times are not horrible, but he is not Nasus as a jungler. There are not enough mobs in the jungle to power up his Q to be Nasus!!!

Short version, I think jungling as Nasus probably wastes a lot of his potential.

Reathien

10-13-2012

As a jungler he is forced to either Melee carry, or build tanky, there is no middle ground without the Q farm. However melee nasus with ample MS and a few ranks in with is a counter carry to the extreme, so i'd say get better as jungling and only use him against like, yis, Nocturnes,, ranged ADC junglers (as rare as they are) and others like that. With a vamp scepter off the start he also NEVER DIES in the jungle, with that damned 20% lifesteal right off the bat >.<

EyeHearShapes

10-13-2012

vlad is a hard counter on nasus

wakka987

10-13-2012

who let the dogs out!?

Hoizengerd

10-13-2012

you can't really counter Nasus, unless your junlge camps him, that's about the only real counter, within minutes he'll turn into a monster and there's no real way to stop him from farming his Q, and he has enough sustain to outlast the pokes coming from other champs, they'll just end up out of mana or missing cs trying to harass you...surviving the first 5 or so levels is crucial

& Nasus absolutely crushes adc lanes, if they don't have a stun or an escape you will come out winning every trade after you get tabi's, just wither the adc and go to town on him with aa-Q-aa combos, once you finish off a phage they will not wanna be anywhere near you, and if they are they just die

SovietBlade

10-14-2012

Anyone with sustained harass that can be spammed early game will devastate nasus.
So AP eve rolling top would put a brutal beating on nasus. Fizz would make a giant doggy doo mess of him with his heal debuff and painful pokes, renekton is the exact opposite of nasus generally having an incredible early game but very bad to meh late game... so renekton would definately ruin nasus.
Riven would smack him around and then seize control of the lane.
Ziggs could control the lane until his manapool dried up. Most ranged AD's would just autoattack him when he came into range.

It's not a matter of "who counters nasus" it's a matter of who can best freeze the lane while doing adequate damage to prevent him from farming.

Fiveofswords

10-14-2012

ive laned and jungled nassus...I jsut dont like him. He does not have the mobility that a 'bruiser' really needs. Farming his Q doesnt win the game. Franky, its pretty insignificant.

if he had a gap closer then that would be great...but as it is hes one of those champs that really struggles to contribute in a team fight vs good players....most of the time hes jsut walkign around while his teamates die.

Cyryia

10-14-2012

Jungle nasus would be a bit of a waste of time, cant farm Q , cant become a god.
Lane, farm Q full time.
As for gap closing I chain exhaust with my wither. If they haven't died after the duration of both slows i've failed at farming Q

Fiveofswords

10-14-2012

sure you can whither and stuff but he still just isnt a very nimble champ. People can throw exhaust on you very easy, or any sort of cc, and can still kite you pretty well even with the whither on. I finially learned to use 3 movespeed quints on him which helped some...but its still such an effort to jsut get close to people. I generally learned to just attack whatever tank/bruiser was in their team comp cause going after the apc or adc is jsut too optimistic...pretend you will attack them first then when they move go after the melee
people exaggerate how improtant it is to farm q...you still wont 1 shot people even if you totally farm it up, and it still hurts people even if you farmed onyl half the creeps. If you want burst damage, pick a champ with burst damage...dont dream of nassus with +4000 on his q