Untwisting the Trees - A Weekly TT Tutorial

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

so good

Sam

10-16-2012

This is so interesting ! GJ!

Uncle Jellyfish

10-16-2012

Perhaps post this in General Discussion, too, in order to get more people to see it. You might even persuade a few players to give TT a shot.

Ghast Buff

10-16-2012

Uploaded the first Replay Retrospective, link in the OP. Expect Episode 05 in a few days!

EDIT: Oh wow, Sam and Lixa. <3 you guys

Numba Wan Kenobi

10-16-2012

Please keep the series going!

Seriously, the limited amount of useful information for this map like Sam's tierlist/AmA and other AmA/tips threads can only get you so far if you are a complete beginner to TT like me and my team were a month ago.

After the whole month trying out several comps based on the tier list and watching Sam's stream we improved a tiny bit but never enough to really get past 1400 elo, every time we reached that point we would fall back down and to be perfectly honest, it made sense since we truly had no idea what we were doing other than pretty much copycat-ing Sam's teams without really knowing how to play the map properly (pretty much playing SR style which is just wrong).

Until yesterday at noon me and my team were so frustrated as all this month we have been playing we just never really found out what "glued" certain things to the others in order for us to make sense of what we were doing and how we were doing it, compared to how the pros do it (not just Sam but many other plat teams we tried to copy).

But then yesterday night I stumbled upon this. And I have to say after I saw every video, specially the 25 min one, its like some sort of new world opened before me. What I failed to understand from our own senseless playing, I instantly got after that video. Everything made sense now.

We had the tools the entire month thanks to the Tier Lists and AmA and all that limited TT information out there, but we just didnt know how to use them properly, and you my friend have teached us exactly how those tools work and the proper knowledge to apply them effectively. And it is already paying off for our team.

Sorry for the kinda long and silly reply, but from the bottom of our team's heart, thank you for this and really hope you continue these series!

They are also pretty hilarious

HayabusaZero

10-16-2012

Volcano Style, you are awesome!

Even if i know some of the TT stuff, your videos are a great source of information to make me a better TT player. This kind of content is what is needed to atract more players to this great map, and i hope you don't mind if i spread the link of this thread around LoL forums =)

I'll be waiting for more videos. Congratulations for the amazing videos!! Keep up the great work.

Also, this need to be sticked on top of this forum ASAP!!!

seENYAYor B

10-17-2012

I just want you to know this is the best thing that could have happened to the twisted treeline forums since Sam's Tier List. I feel like riot should add a link or something to your videos and this page for people interested in trying TT or just plain getting better at it. Random new timers/stubborn people have no idea about the other metas, or they think that anything but 1 top 2 bot is blasphemy. EVERYONE should read this and watch your vids!

Ghast Buff

10-17-2012

Episode 5 posted, link in the OP!

HayabusaZero

10-17-2012

Nice video, Volcano Style. As you mentions, in the current TT AP caster are a really hard role to play as. Someone tanky by nature like Diana (who was created as an AP jungler) are much more useful that the regular squishy AP mids we are use to see in SR.

Hopefully the remake would provide us with more item variety and we can really develop different roles in each game. But for now, it is better to take a tanky AP jungler or its equivalent to do the AP damage on team fights.

Scimatth7

10-17-2012

Doesn't it figure that once I finally discover that I love TT and find some information on it they announce that the whole thing is getting redone