Untwisting the Trees - A Weekly TT Tutorial

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghast Buff

10-13-2012

During Season Two, I made a bunch of tutorials for the old Twisted Treeline map. I'm picking up the series again.

Untwisting the Trees DX - Shadow Isles

I don't think 'one video in three months' really counts as weekly but there you go. 3v3 isn't exactly abundant with guides so I figured I'd give a little back. This is a video series outlining the map, map changes and will eventually expand to talk about individual champions and the general metagame much like the original series.

Introduction
An introduction to the new series. Somewhat.

Episode 00 - First Impressions
My first impressions adding to the forum wide QQ from a week after the map went live.

Episode 01 - The New Map - Newest Video: 01/29/13
Three months and a few hundred games later, I think it's time to pick the series up again.

Untwisting the Trees
- The Old Map

A guide to Twisted Treeline for Season Two and before. Recommended viewing for information on champions and the metagame, even if you're watching this from the future where this Twisted Treeline doesn't exist anymore. If you have a time machine, good luck in Season One!

Introduction

A brief rundown of the series and a promise of an episode every Friday that I already broke.

Episode 01 - The Map

An outline of Twisted Treeline's map, focusing on the lanes and jungle camps.

Episode 02 - A Bad Map or an Easy Map?

Talking about what's wrong with Twisted Treeline's layout and whether it's that or people just being mad 'cause they bad.

Episode 03 - A Crash Course in Twisted Treeline
About four episodes' worth of content discussing lane setups, metagame, team compositions and the strengths of individual junglers. If you're going to watch any video, I don't think I'm going to make anything as informative as this one.

Episode 04 - The Trials of Trying Twisted Treeline Teemo
I see Teemo more than any other champion in 3v3. I talk about why while gritting my teeth.

Episode 05 - AP Champions

Let's talk about how to play mids in a game without a mid.

Replay Retrospectives

A side-series where I look through replays of games I find interesting that I've had, or that have been sent to me.

RR01: Jungle Riven, Jungle Kog
I try Jungle Riven for the first time against a team that tries to shut me down in ways that aren't exactly ideal.

I'll keep this thread updated. Feedback's much appreciated, whether it's telling me how much my video editing sucks or that what I'm saying is outright wrong.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

This is really cool

Dr Moose

10-13-2012

bump!

End of Shadows

10-13-2012

So I just watched most of these videos (baring intro and teemo) and wow, I learned sooo much, hopefully I can convince teams to do start camps and stuff like that.

SephithDarknesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Great guide. Could say its pretty much outmatched every other TT guide ive seen/read.

Direwolfzs

10-14-2012

Awesome series, thanks!

M0rias

10-14-2012

Looking forward to the next installment

Uncle Jellyfish

10-15-2012

Very well done. Keep up the good work.

Scimatth7

10-15-2012

Good videos. Glad I found these

Zum Darl

10-15-2012

Honestly dude. Props. you have no idea how long I've been looking for an experienced 3's player to make a good guide on the Meta and how to play this nearly nonexistent game-type. Thank You!