Kill stealing is a stupid concept in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

10-13-2012

The only time I have a problem with kill stealing is;

when I'm taking dmg and they hold back to use all their abilities for the last 30 dmg by doing 300+ dmg. They could have saved me enough health to stay in lane but instead cost me a lot of health, or maybe got me killed, and wasted a lot of dmg that might have helpped the team.

To many people use a 200+ dmg ult to do 10 dmg. It's stupid, and breaks down team play in a team game.

derindel

10-13-2012

the people accusing you of ksing are not the ones that frequent the forums, or any outside resource.
that being said, sometimes it can be annoying if your an ad carry and your bruiser keeps coming up and last hitting champs that you abvously had dead.

a1sock

10-13-2012

only thing that I feel is wrong with kill stealing/unnecessary securing is that you waste your summoners/mana and put your abilities on cool down for no reason. I rather like DOT champions(brand mid, twitch bot, etc) and a lot of times in team fights Ill drop someone down past a quarter of a bar with a tonne of DOT stacks, and one or two people will blow ignite or a cc to ensure the kill. This usually means any large counter the enemy team puts forth will be more difficult to engage/disengage.

ACGIFT

10-13-2012

Keep in mind that a kill isn't always a kill. After all, one of the things that defines a carry is that they get more use out of gold than, say, a support does. If a pair of teams in a match are even on kills/assists, but on one side the support got all the kills, while the carry got the support on the other side, you can safely assume that odds are that in the endgame the second team (where the kills were scored by the carry) will be the one steamrolling.

And, of course, there's plenty of intent to killsteal in many games, where a player is often focused not on winning, but instead thinking their K number is the most important reflection of the ability. You often see this when an enemy champion is clearly not getting away, (even at low levels, you can tell if they've got two champions to run past and they're about dead they're not getting away) but will instead blow their ult so that THEY get the kill. Such a situation is not a "kill secured" in the least; it's downright wasteful: it denied plenty of gold to the champion that likely needed it more, as well as ensured that the team has one fewer ult at their disposal.

Granted, at lower levels an "accidental/unintentional killsteal" is pretty liable to happen; more often it's less by players not knowing the fleeing enemy has spent all their resources (Flash, CDs, etc.) but more by others not realizing that another player already was comboing into a finish, or didn't realize their attack would finish them off. (A classic example would be Lux's Final Spark)

However, there's a major difference in these sort of unintentional cases: a player who unintentionally stole a kill will quickly apologize, often of their own volition. Someone who intentionally stole it? They won't apologize, and if the KS is mentioned will often quickly become toxic in behavior. (if they weren't already) This sort of behavior will, in fact, definitely hurt the team's ability to work together.

RyeBrush

10-13-2012

I find it HILARIOUS when someone complains about a KS in a dominion game. Can't count the number of games where my team was down on kills but still won because capturing and holding is more important.