[Transforming Void Champion] Lilliera, the Voice of Madness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taciturnGenocide

2 Weeks Ago

As far as the lore of League goes, my main interest lies in the Void and Icathia. I'm kind of a sucker for demonic, mysterious, "things man were never meant to know"-type creatures and places, qualities that abound in everything to do with the Void! Transformations are also absolutely my cup of tea, as are the supernaturally insane. I also really think that it's high time we had a female Void champion-- maybe even two.

Mechanics-wise, the recent-ish Gnar reveal and subsequent discussions on transformation mechanics got me thinking about a champion concept that is constantly shifting between forms, giving her access to fluid six-spell combos that are somewhat gated by a limited mana pool and a reliance on skillshots.

Anyways, that's kind of the thought process that went into this fine lady. A Void-affiliated champion who almost always takes two sides on every issue, and has maybe just a little too much going on inside that head of hers.

Lilliera
the Voice of Madness

Once a fair handmaiden to the Princess of Icathia, devoted to her mistress and kind to a fault, the girl now known only as Lilliera met what should have been her end on the eve of what should have been Icathia's destruction. Lured to a place of ancient power by an insistent-- yet curiously seductive-- impulse of self-destruction, she found herself marked as the final sacrifice needed to bring a host of the Void's most terrible residents into the world of Runeterra. Bound to a twisted spire of glowing stone, a cackling cultist holding a bone knife to her throat, she murmured her final prayers.

Perhaps they were answered; for when her life was claimed in the name of the Void that night, her consciousness remained attached to her body. Through eyes that no longer answered to her commands, she scanned the cavern around her and let her gaze linger on the runes carved into its walls. With a mouth that no longer spoke at her behest, she gurgled imperiously at the man who had slit her throat in a language that she'd never heard before. And with hands that no longer obeyed her thoughts, she tore the man's blade from him with frightening strength and slashed him across the throat.

As the assorted cultists realised that their plan had somehow failed, they collapsed into a disorganised rabble, each one desperately struggling to reach the exit first. Lilliera's body spoke a single word, a word of terrible power, and then gave an approving hiss as every throat in the cavern began to gush blood-- even her own. With the cultists dealt with, Lilliera's body sat itself down and closed its eyes.

There, it WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE found her and, LEAVE MY VESSEL surprised, mounted an assault I AM BEYOND COMPREHENSION on her very sanity. Images of HATE JEALOUSY INSANITY incomprehensible scenes from YOU WILL SUCCUMB what could only have been the Void itself flashed across her MORTAL GIRL mind's eye, each one calculated to wear at and FALTER FEAR SURRENDER eventually destroy her will. But as time went on, it quickly became clear to the invader MY RIGHTFUL THRONE that her ITS approach was failing. Against all odds, the girl was successfully holding onto her own consciousness, even as the Void monster's psychic energies ebbed and her ITS efforts grew more desperate. Finally, after weeks of this internal siege DO NOT FIGht me, the invader only had one option left. If she could feed her memories into the girl's, combining the two consciousnesses, perhaps the resulting gestalt entity would retain enough of her initial ambitions to be able to carry them out.

The fact that she couldn't actually remember what these ambitions were, or even what her name was prior to entering this girl, really should have been warning enough.

What happened next is still extremely unclear; but the result is self-evident. The Lilliera of this day and age is both ageless and extremely powerful, it is true, but her form and mind are both so absurdly unstable that the fact she hasn't spontaneously exploded yet is nothing short of a miracle. Deep in the grip of insanity, she first came to the attention of the League when a particularly stunning display of her powers levelled a Noxian encampment in the wilderness. Although Noxus' first impulse was to imprison and then interrogate her, it rapidly became apparent that any affordable methods of accomplishing either task would not prove effective against one of her abilities. Requests to authorise more extreme measures were granted, and while the attempts at interrogation haven't succeeded yet... at least the League's summoners have been able to exercise their ability to bind tremendously powerful and ancient beings to their will yet again.

"My diagnosis? Completely bonkers. If there's something in there, it's in deep." - Barguss Mendley, leading psychologist.
"A fine woman. Perhaps a little snappy, but these days-- who isn't?" - Gentleman Cho'gath.

---- ---- ----

Base stats
Health: 400 (+75)
Mana: 200 (+60)
AD: 45 (+2.7)
Attack Speed: 0.58 (+1%)
Armor: 10 (+2.8)
MR: 30 (+0)
Move Speed: 330
Attack Range: 520 (Maid) or 475 (Monster).

---- ---- ----

PASSIVE: Crisis of Identity: Upon casting a spell, Lilliera switches forms.

Her "base" form, Maid, deals less damage and has lower defenses but boasts high utility and mobility, while the more aggressive Monster form trades Maid's long range and potent peel for better offenses and a slight increase in defensive stats. (Monster Form gains 5/15/25/35 to both Armor and MR at levels 1/6/11/16.)

---- ---- ----

Q - Aether Kiss / Psycho Blast (Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 mana, CD: 10/9/8/7/6)

Aether Kiss [ACTIVE]: Piercing skillshot that deals damage and slows target enemies in a straight line, lowering their armor and magic resist while they're slowed. Applies a stronger slow to enemies in the centre of the ray. (Range: 750. Width: 95 (Centre width: 35).)
Lilliera holds her left hand out in the direction of the attack, emitting a pink line of energy wreathed in a vaporous pink mist. She might giggle or sigh as she does this.

Psycho Blast [ACTIVE]: Piercing skillshot that deals higher damage, and upon hitting a target debuffed by Aether Kiss cleanses the debuff in order to deal even more damage. (Range: 650. Width: 95.)
Lilliera gestures imperiously with her right hand, firing a bright blue ray at the target location. When cleansing the Aether Kiss debuff, a brief flash of purplish energy will explode from cleansed enemies.

---- ---- ----

W - Discordant Note / Dark Emanation (Cost: 70/70/70/70/70 mana, CD: 20/19/18/17/16)

Discordant Note [ACTIVE]: Deals damage and silences enemies in target 200-unit area, then gives Lilliera a short-lived but large speed bonus that lasts longer the more enemies were hit. If enemies are Disturbed, stuns them instead. (Bonus speed: 40%/44%/48%/52%/56%. Duration is 0.9 seconds, +0.3 seconds for each enemy hit. Silence/stun duration: 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75)
Lilliera thrusts her left hand into the air, and a pink circular field appears at the area of the attack, sending pink musical notes skywards. Silenced enemies are turned pink for the duration of the silence, while stunned enemies are turned purple.

Dark Emanation [PASSIVE]: Lilliera's damaging spells Disturb the enemies that they hit, causing them to take increased magic damage from all sources for 2 seconds. (2%/3%/4%/5%/6%) Enemies cannot be Disturbed more than once every 16/14/12/10/8 seconds.
Dark Emanation [ACTIVE]: Lilliera unleashes three psychic shock waves in quick succession; one damages all enemies in a 475 unit radius, the second removes their speed buffs, and the third deals a second burst of damage with a slightly longer range of 520. Note that Lilliera transforms as soon as the first wave hits.
Lilliera puts her right hand in the air and three rings of dark, blue-tinged energy expand outwards from her over the space of 0.5 seconds, each one on the heels of the last. Enemies debuffed by the passive effect of this W are marked with a blue, circular timer at their feet that indicates the duration of the magic-damage-amplification effect.

---- ---- ----

E - Soothe Song / Agonising Scream (Cost: 80/80/80/80/80 Mana, CD: 21/19/17/15/13)

Soothe Song [ACTIVE]: Allies in a conical area gain a temporary shield and increased defensive stats for 2.5 seconds, while enemies in the same area are slowed and deal 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% less damage for the same duration. (Range: 700. End width: 350.)
Lilliera sweeps her left arm in the direction that Soothe Song will affect, sending streams of pink energy that dissipate after reaching max range.

Agonising Scream [ACTIVE]: Lilliera sends a weak but wide pulse of sonic energy in a target direction, which deals 100% more damage for every debuff that its targets are suffering up to a maximum of 400% damage (reached when targets are suffering from 3 different debuffs simultaneously). (Range: 600. Width: 300.)
Lilliera holds her right arm up in the direction of the pulse and howls, sending out a pulsing ‘wave’ of translucent blue energy.

---- ---- ----

R - Override: Maid / Override: Monster (Cost: 0 Mana, CD: 100/85/70 once ult wears off)

Override: Maid [PASSIVE]: Lilliera gains 20% increased Health and Mana regeneration.
Override: Maid [ACTIVE]: As a spellcast, transforms Lilliera into her Monster form. Her next spell cast will trigger the Override effect, transforming her into Maid form for 12 seconds and preventing her from transforming back into Monster form until the effect wears off. The Override transformation unleashes a ring of psychic energy that temporarily silences enemies in 500 range, resets all of her other spells’ cooldowns, and causes Lilliera to become untargetable for 0.7 seconds-- the same effect occurs when the transformation wears off, minus the resets. For the duration of this spell, Lilliera gains 30% Spell Vamp and vastly improved Mana regen.

Override: Monster [PASSIVE]: Lilliera gains 10% increased AP.
Override: Monster [ACTIVE]: As a spellcast, transforms Lilliera into her Maid form. Her next spell cast will trigger the Override effect, transforming her into Monster form for 12 seconds and preventing her from transforming back into Maid form until the effect wears off. The Override transformation unleashes a ring of psychic energy that temporarily silences enemies in 500 range, resets all of her other spells’ cooldowns, and causes Lilliera to become untargetable for 0.7 seconds-- the same effect occurs when the transformation wears off, minus the resets. For the duration of this spell, the bonus AP that Lilliera gains from Override: Monster's passive effect is doubled.

Upon casting the spell modified by Override: X, Lilliera rises into the air, flickering alarmingly, and explodes in a burst of pink/blue light, saying one of her Override quotes as she does so. Then, with a sort of lego-like rebuilding effect, she reappears, having transformed. When this spell wears off, the same animation plays (only reversed, so she kind of disintegrates... then un-explodes in the same pink/blue light.)

---- ---- ----

APPEARANCE

Maid:
Essentially a possessed teenager hailing from an ancient civilisation, Lilliera is fairly slender, even around the chest area (>_>). Her skin tone is a vaguely generic pale brown colour (quasi-Mediterranean?), and she wears a pale pink tattered, billowing dress. Her black hair has shiny pink highlights running down it-- besides this, the only hint of the Void about her is that her eyes glow different colours; her left eye is blue, her right eye is pink.

Monster:
This form is far less abashed about its otherworldly nature. Her skin colour here is a mottled grey-blue, spikes jut from her shoulders and elbows, and her hair is replaced by a mass of slimy black-blue tentacles. The dress is tinged blue rather than pink. (Truly, temporarily changing the colour of a thousand-year-old article of clothing to improve clarity in a video game is the most unprecedented use of the Void's dark energies we've seen yet.)

In both forms, while Override: X is active, glowing runes cover her body; they're pink in Maid form, and blue in Monster.

For skins, I think her initial one might be some kind of Floral Lilliera (Lily Lilliera?) that switches between blue “tulip/Maid” and thorny red “rose/Monster” forms, complete with the relevant visuals.

---- ---- ----

GAMEPLAY

A fairly squishy burst caster who needs to pay particular attention to her cast order, and can trade flexibility for increased power or mobility, depending on the situation. I think she can be played mid or support, in both cases with aggressive, poke-oriented laning phases. Her long cooldown CC and mobility abilities don’t deal particularly high damage on their own, but can be comboed with stronger spells in order to trigger additional effects or deal extra damage, forcing players to weigh up the benefits of having access to escapes versus trying to force an enemy out of lane.

---- ---- ----

QUOTES

Champion select: "Hi there! I'm abSOLUTELY FINE."

Walking (Maid):
"Oh, they look scary."
"Got it. ... I think."
"Would you like a song?"
"Oh dear."
"Please, put those away."
"Where... am I?"
"Could you say that again?"
"Good idea!"
"I... think so."
"I hear... voices."
"The enemy's inside."
"How did I know that?"
"Now, where was I?"
"Was that you... or her?"

Walking (Monster):
"THEY WILL LEARN TO FEAR US."
"MY MIND IS BROKEN."
"MEMORIES-- WHAT USE ARE THEY?"
"GRANT ME YOUR WILL."
"GIVE ME MY ORDERS."
"I AM-- WE ARE-- AT WAR."
"LET US BRING THE FIGHT TO THEM."
"WHAT BROUGHT US HERE?"
"NOTHING LIES BEFORE US."
"BEHIND US... AN EMPTY PAGE."
"EMPTINESS."
"[angry scream]"
"[more angry screams]"
"NO! YES! I DON'T KNOW!"
"SOOTHE ME, SUMMONER."
"WHY DO I OBEY?"
"HOLES IN MY MIND."
"MEDDLERS."
"STOP TALKING."
"CEASE YOUR PRATTLE."
"SHE'S FIGHTING ME."

Fighting (Maid):
"I don't think I belong here..."
"Stop telling me what to do!"
"The voices..."
"I know, I know~"
"I can hear them."
"Where is she?"
"Who are you?"
"This isn't who I need to fight."
"Why did you bring me here?"
"I don't like this!"
"More memories?"
"This power..."
"I hate everything."
"My head hurts!"
"[gasp]"
"Stop that!"
"They aren't shutting UP!"
"Shut it!"
"Go away!"
"I need to be ALONE!"
"Oh dear."
"Let's try to be more... ladylike, shall we?"
"Oh, yes."

Attacking (Monster):
"SING FOR ME."
"THEY SHALL SUFFER LIKE I DO."
"BREAK!"
"MY TORMENT EMPOWERS ME!"
"THIS FORM IS WEAK."
"YOU SHALL DO."
"THERE ARE... HOLES."
"ALWAYS AT WAR."
"THEY SHALL SEE OUR BATTLE."
"LET US BRING THE BATTLE TO THEM."
"WHO AM I REALLY FIGHTING?"
"WHAT CAUSE HAVE I TO OBEY?"
"MORTAL!"
"CEASE YOUR MEDDLING!"
"EVEN NOW SHE FIGHTS ME!"

Recall animation (Maid):
"Oh?"

Recall animation (Monster):
"WE DO NOT GIVE UP."

When triggering Override: Maid (Monster -> Maid):
"I remember!"
"Hahahaha!!"
"The voices are gone!"

When triggering Override: Monster (Maid -> Monster):
"I SEE SO CLEARLY NOW!"
"YESSSSS!"
"BOW TO MY WILL!"

When ending Override: Maid (Maid -> Monster)
"N-no!"
“Not now!"

When ending Override: Monster (Monster -> Maid)
"NNNNNO!!"
"THE DARKNESS RETURNS!"
“MADNESS!”

Joke (Maid):
Lilliera does a little twirl, suddenly transforms into Monster form, and then transforms back looking confused.
"Unstable? Cute little me? I'm absolutely [transforms] READY TO DESTROY EVERYTHING [/transforms] Uh... what was I saying?"
"I'm single and looking to mingle, boys! [transforms] AND THEN I'LL DEVOUR YOUR SOULS [/transforms] Ugggh... my head."
(near Cho'gath): "You're cute and all, but I don't think [transforms]YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME[/transform] ... it'll work?"

Joke (Monster):
Lilliera leans over menacingly, then transforms into Maid form and collapses, then transforms back.
"PREPARE FOR IMMINENT[transforms] Whoops-a-daisy! Ow! [/transforms] HOW'D I GET HERE?"
"OBSERVE MY DEADLY [transforms] What the-ow![/transforms] UGGHHH. AGAIN?!"
(near Malzahar): "SO... OUT OF THE THREE OF US, WHO'S THE MOST INSANE?"

Taunt (Maid):
Lilliera raises her hand, calling up an orb of pinkish energy that slowly rises into the air. Then she flings it at the ground.
"Ha! I don't need her to take you down!"

Taunt (Monster):
Lilliera flickers rapidly between Maid and Monster forms, before returning to Monster form.
"THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT I'M GOING TO DO TO YOU."

---- ---- ----

Anyways, so, I'd love to hear any comments, critique, or new ideas that anybody has to balance this champion or make her more fun to play. I'd be particularly interested in new ways to handle the transformation mechanic, if you have any thoughts on that!

taciturnGenocide

2 Weeks Ago

Bump.

SufferShadowNA

2 Weeks Ago

I really love this idea! I had a similar one to it earlier that I may write down at some point, but the way you handle the transforming is really cool and unique. A more detailed appearance section would be cool.

taciturnGenocide

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferShadowNA View Post
I really love this idea! I had a similar one to it earlier that I may write down at some point, but the way you handle the transforming is really cool and unique.
Cool! I would definitely be interested in reading about any and all similar ideas. (And thanks :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferShadowNA View Post
A more detailed appearance section would be cool.
Alright, I'll rustle something up.

taciturnGenocide

2 Weeks Ago

Bump.

taciturnGenocide

1 Week Ago

Bump.