Champion Concept: Sabriel the Undead Priestess

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somot

09-21-2013

Role: Support
-Sabriel places Totems that provide vision and utility for her allies.
-These totems do things like damaging enemies, providing a thresh's lantern-like dash utility, and healing allies.
-Her Ult animates these totems to life, causing disruption in teamfights.
-Sabriel uses health as a resource, balanced by high cooldowns.

Name:  voodoo-priestess-17846-1920x1200.jpg
Views: 2048
Size:  638.1 KB

Lore:
In life, Sabriel was a healer for her small village. An apprentice to an old witch, Sabriel learned both healing and darker arts lest ignorance of them lead to harm.
Her life was uneventful, except for the happy moments when she helped bring a new life into the world, or when she could ease someone's ills.
But she could not save everyone.
When Sabriel was unable to save the life of the Witch's son, the old woman went mad, and stabbed Sabriel through the heart.
In a final bout of vengeance the Witch cast Sabriel's body into a swamp that swirled with dark magic, knowing her soul would never find rest within it's depths.

Hundreds of years later, someone, a shadowy figure, saw Sabriel's plight at the bottom of that swamp, and took pity on her.
The figure dispersed the evil magic of the swamp that held Sabriel and left, no doubt content in their good deed.
But Sabriel had languished too long in the dark, and some part of her soul had been eaten away and replaced.
To her own horror, Sabriel found her feet beneath her, and crawled out of the muck, no longer human.

Sabriel went, in search of that shadowy figure, whose magic had affected her release, hoping for... anything.
But she was attacked and cast out of the places she went, due to her frightening appearance, and under the constant undeserved torment she grew... angry.

When Sabriel struck back against her attackers for the first time she felt something shift inside her, that piece of the dark that had invaded her soul was... happy. Many were sent to destroy her, but Sabriel crushed then all, until a new person approached her.

He invited her to join The League of Legends, having heard of her power, and offered her a small photograph of one of it's Champions.
In the photograph, a familiar shadowy figure...

In-Game Quotes

Champ Select:
-Life is wasted on the living.
Attacking:
-Don't look at me like that!
-You'll like being dead.
-Die!
-(Maniacal Laughter)
-I'm sorry, I really am.
-I wish there was another way...
Movement:
-Off we go.
-(sadly)There is no different from here.
-I'm tired Summoner, let me rest.
-(sarcastic monotone)Let me just face-check that for you.
-Maybe the earth is softer there.
-If you say so.
-(hums a short tune)
Taunt:
-(said in a monotone with her arms crossed) Ooga. Booga.
Joke:
-Braaaiins. (as Sabriel mimicks a traditional zombie pose her arm falls off) *clears throat* This is awkward.

Physical Description:
Sabriel:
Sabriel is a zombie, with various fetish dolls and bones adorning her clothing. (think voodoo)
I was thinking an Onmyōdō secondary skin for release. (shikigami Totems ftw)
Placed Totems:
Totems appear as straw Voodoo Dolls when placed.
Each totem type shines with different-colored auras to show which type they are;
Totem of Wrath auras are Black with smokey particle effects.
Totem of Virtue auras are Red with cross-shaped particle effects.
Totem of Envy auras are green and spikey.
Awakened Totems:
Awakened Totems appear as Pygmies wearing tribal masks and wielding spears.
Their mask colors correspond to the type of totem they were summoned from.

BASIC STATS
HEALTH: 400 (+75)
HEALTH REGEN: 6 (+0.85)
RANGE: 550 (ranged)
AD: 50 (+3.0)
AS: 0.675 (+2.0%)
ARMOR: 14 (+4)
MAGIC RES: 30
MOV. SPEED: 330

Quote:
Name:  Passive button.png
Views: 1879
Size:  995 BytesVengeance from the Grave
-Upon death, Sabriel's tormented soul rises from her body for 6 seconds, moving freely through units and terrain.
-While active, Sabriel cannot auto-attack or cast any spell except her Ult.
-While active, Sabriel cannot be damaged or targeted, all while slowing enemies within 400 units by 10%.
Quote:
Name:  Q button.png
Views: 1895
Size:  455 BytesTotem of Wrath
Cost: 22/29/36/43/50 Health - 14 CD - 800 Max Range
-Sabriel throws out a totem that deals damage where it lands and provides vision for its duration.
-This ability's range increases over a one second channel during which Sabriel can move freely.
-When an enemy champion comes within the totem's sight range(350), the totem creates a tether that slows the champion by 20% for 2 seconds or until the tether is broken.
-If the enemy champion remains tethered for the full duration, he will be dealt magic damage and lose allied vision for 2 seconds, consuming the Totem.

Impact Damage: (100% of AD)
Impact Radius: 350
Tether Magic Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+60% of AP)
Tether Range: 500
Vision Radius: 350
Duration: 20/30/40/50/60 seconds
Quote:
Name:  W button.png
Views: 1882
Size:  643 BytesTotem of Virtue
-Sabriel throws out a totem that deals damage where it lands and provides vision for its duration.
-This ability's range increases over a one second channel during which Sabriel can move freely.
-The totem can be picked up by ally champions (by right-clicking within 350 range) to restore health and mana over time.
-Picking up Totem of Virtue consumes it.

Health Regen: 50/70/90/110/130 (+35% of AP) over 10 seconds
Mana Regen: 20/40/60/80/100 (+30% of AP) over 10 seconds
Quote:
Name:  E button.png
Views: 1875
Size:  498 BytesTotem of Envy
-Allied champions within range of this Totem can right-click it to blink to it's location, consuming the Totem.
-An allied champion who activates any Totem of Envy will be debuffed with "Envy"
-The Envy debuff prevents a champion from swapping locations with any Totems of Envy for its duration.

Totem Swap Radius: 500
Envy Debuff Duration: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds

Notes on Placed Totems
HP: 3
-Placed totems can only be damaged by champion auto-attacks, and take 1 damage per hit. (like wards)
-Placed totems DO NOT STEALTH.
-If destroyed, totems provide 5 gold.

Quote:
Name:  R button.png
Views: 1893
Size:  520 BytesOverflowing Soul
Cost: 2% Max Health(+2% for each cast within 4 seconds) - 2 CD (Static) - 800 Cast Range - 400 Radius
-Reaching into her very own soul, Sabriel's essence infuses a target location with magic.
-This ability costs 2% additional Max Health each time it is cast within 4 seconds.
-Enemies in the target area are marked and slowed.
-Placed Totems in the area of effect are Awakened.
-Awakened Totems in the area are healed and have their summon duration extended.
-Damage dealt by Allied Champions(including Sabriel) consumes the Mark dealing additional true damage.

-Awakened Totems have the same effects of the Totem they were summoned from until they die.
-Once their summon duration is over the Totems "die" and are removed from the field. (they do not return as placed totems)

Mark Duration: 3 seconds
Mark Damage: 15/30/45 True Damage
Slow Duration: 3 seconds
Slow Amount: 10%/12.5%/15%
Totem Heal: 25/50/75
Base Summon Duration: 8 seconds
Summon Duration Extension: 2 seconds

Awakened Totems:
HP: 75/115/155 + (10 per level)

Attack Speed: 1.0
Movement Speed: 400
Attack Damage: 20 (+20% AP)
Notes on Awakened Totems
-Awakened Totems prioritize enemies that Sabriel deals damage to and enemy champions.
-If destroyed, Awaken Totems provide 10 gold.

Quote:
Suggested Build: Current Patch 4.15
Start: Relic Shield
-Sabriel doesn't have enough reliable poke to make use of Spellthief Edge's passive, and Mana Regen from Coin is wasted on her.

Rush: Sightstone/Boots
-Pretty standard, you're the support and you need to ward, as you approach midgame and roaming/skirmishes start, you'll need the MS to get to the fight on time.

Midgame: Spirit Visage, Twin Shadows, Zhonya's Hourglass
-Build these in the order that fits your circumstances.
-Spirit Visage helps you spam your abilities with its HP regen and CDR.
-Twin Shadows gives you an Active and some cheap AP.
-Zhonya's Active is a game-changer and should be built on any champion that scales with AP in my opinion.

Situational: Rabadon's Deathcap/Locket of the Iron Solari/Randuin's Omen
-These items are extremely situational.
-Rabadon's is for keeping a lead and hammering home an early victory.
-Locket for when the enemy is AP heavy.
-Randuin's for when the enemy is AD heavy.

Somot

09-23-2013

Changelog:
-10/22/13
-Removed Fury as a resource from Sabriel, since Fury should be reserved for champions that thrive on being "in-combat"
-I also removed the cost on Sabriel's Ult (15% of current hp) and moved the ability to empower her spells away from Fury, to her Ult.
-10/27/13
-Made Empowerment a Passive on Sabriel's Ult.
-Passive has 2 sec duration down from 5.
-Awakened Totem's HP now scales as you level your Ult.
-Bigger ult range and, totems now have some different abilities depending on the totem you summoned them from.
-I rewrote the whole description of her abilities, to make everything a bit cleaner.(copied Edahsrevlis on this)
-11/9/2013
-Made Q hurt a bit more, considering it's easily counterable and difficult to get off.
-Sabriel's Empowerment function was bugging me, so I changed it to an "Every 3rd Totem" passive.
-11/10/13
-Added in a few thoughts on Sabriel's gameplay.
-12/16/13
-Changed Sabriel's E (originally a shield that overlapped with her ULT) to a sort of Thresh's Lantern.
-Decided that instead of Awakened Totems having their own effects, they should retain the effects of their original spells.
-Buffed the PLACEMENT range to 750 on all her Totems, since 600 range would leave her open to just about any skillshot in the game.
-12/24/2013
-Rewrote my thoughts on Sabriel's Gameplay since I changed her E spell.
-01/20/2014
-Passive changed from a shield to Silence/Blind on killer.
-Totem Swap radius changed to a scaling amount.
Moved Overview to top of page, so it can be seen from mouse-over.
-02/07/2014
-Changed the empowerment of Totem of Virtue from a Mov. Speed buff to a shield, since i thought it set better with her kit.
-The new shield scales with Sabriel's Max Health, as does some attack damage from her Awakened Totems.
-07/15/2014
-Massive Rework
Details on page 12.
-07/22/2014
-Lowered Awakened Totem health per level from 15 to 10.
-Lowered Totem of Wrath base damage.
-Moved Changelog to this post. :D
-8/14/2014
-Lowered the cost on Ult at later levels, it was way too high.
-8/26/2014
-Added some random wallpaper I found that looks like Sabriel.
-9/1/2014
-Changed up Sabriel's Ult cost from 40/60/80hp to 2% of Max Hp stacking with each cast within 4 seconds. I feel like this should give the ability just the right amount of spamminess.
-Also lowered the base Awakened Totem duration to 8 seconds down from 10, and changed their AD to scale on just AP.
-9/4/2014
-Changed Sabriel's Spell costs on Q/W/E to be a little higher at lvl 1 but topping out at a lower cost over-all.
-Added a Suggested Build at bottom of post.

Narasimha

09-23-2013

Its very solid, just two major things I'd like to address.

First, your Q. Its a very good staple skill, but I feel like it detracts from her for a few reasons.
Its not very synergistic at all. 3 of her 4 moves deal with her totems, while her Q seems to be just a generic hit-them-with statuses-spell. Which goes on to the second point. For one spell, there is far too many status effects involved. The ability to silence, blind, AND increase damage done given to a single non-ultimate ability is far too great.
The second issue is not as bad. The mechanics of her ult could use some more detail. How many totems can she have at one time? Do they have a time limit? Do their abilities stack?
Not trying to be nitpicky, just want to help :P

Somot

09-23-2013

@simha

Honestly I disagree.
Lulu has a silence/blind/slow in polymorph, so as far as status effects go I don't believe it's too much, especially considering the duration.
As for synergy with her kit I do somewhat agree, but I felt she needed SOME form of CC or generic poke, and a simple nuke seemed like a good idea.

Maybe if it was a skill shot that fired from her nearby totems(think Lulu's Pix), meaning you'd have to position them accordingly...?

Narasimha

09-23-2013

@ Somot

This is true! A very good point you bring up, I didn't consider it at all. On the other hand though, polymorph does not do any damage on its own. Combining the cc with the nuke is what makes it iffy.
My personal idea would be to shift it into another totem. The idea I got from briefly thinking about it would be a totem that does AOE damage around it, and if an enemy stays in the area for too long, say 2 secs, they would be silenced for 2 secs. The Empowerment bonus could add to this, by perhaps making it a stun instead.
I feel like this would also make placing/using her totems more strategic. You could build a small offensive army, or shift it for defensive purposes.
To be entirely honest though, champs like this aren't my strong point, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm more of a top laner myself :P
Oh, and to shamelessly publicize myself, I would be honored if you took a look at my champion concept as well. The name is Aron, Judgment of Noxus.

Somot

09-23-2013

Loving your feedback btw.

Check this, what if her Q looked like this:

Q: (to be named)

DESCRIPTION:
Lays down a Totem that remains for 20/30/40/50/60 sec revealing an area of 350 for the duration.
When an enemy champion comes within range of the totem(350), the totem creates a tether that slows the champion by 20% for 2 seconds, consuming the totem.
If the enemy champion remains tethered for the full duration, he will lose allied vision for additional 2 seconds.
COST:
10/15/20/25/30 HP
EMPOWERMENT:
Increases slow to 40% and allied vision loss to 4 seconds.
CAST RANGE:
TETHER RANGE:
COOLDOWN:
16 Seconds
NOTES:
Totems provide 5 gold when destroyed. Can be destroyed by 3 enemy auto attacks.

The only problem is this leaves her with only a single scaling ability, leaving people to build anything they want without any effect on her kit whatsoever. :\

Narasimha

09-24-2013

Just trying to help

The new Q definitely sits a lot better with her kit. The only issue is how the totem is consumed after one use. This would make it a lot more difficult to use with her ult. Rather than being able to place an offensive style ward, you would have to place your Q then immediately use R.

Also, you did mention she would a support oriented champion. I think that the openness of her build helps in this aspect. On one side, you could build her into a fully fledged support champion, with a majority of her items being support based. On the other side, I could see an ad style being viable, as it would give her tremendous pushing power.

Somot

09-24-2013

Edited the Original Post to reflect Sabriel's new Q, plus some other stuff!.

@simha I made the new Q totem consume itself only when the vision loss is activated, making it a bit stronger.
I also made all her abilities scale in some form, making AP items more rewarding.

Old Q is here for reference:

Q: Speak no Evil See no Evil

DESCRIPTION:
Deals 50/75/100/125/150 (+50% of AP) Magic damage to target enemy, and Silences and Blinds the target for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds.
COST:
30/35/40/45/50 HP
EMPOWERMENT:
Amplifies subsequent damage done to target by 10% for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
CAST RANGE:
COOLDOWN:
18/16/14/12/10
NOTES:
Generates 10 Fury when cast on enemy champion.

Vbunnie

09-27-2013

i would wish to come up with the lore for you and submit it to the lorecraftcontest if that is ok with you
please let me know

Somot

09-27-2013

@vbunnie
I had a vague idea of her lore being similar to Solomon Grundy, but it wasn't really a complete thought.

I'd love to get someone creative on the subject though.
Hope you won't mind if I edit or tweak it slightly?

1234511 ... 20