Why the hell do people not want a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weegee7

10-13-2012

It mostly depends on your top lane, if he gets shut down hard by 2 people you might have a problem.

fastplay

10-13-2012

At level 30 a jungler is away say to be need and in a game.

futuresight23

10-13-2012

A solo top lane against a duo lane can be a bit tricky if the person going solo top is going up against a bad combo or is not used to handling a 1v2 lane (which applies often to games pre-level 30). If they get destroyed up top, you will likely have to spend a long time up there anyways just to make sure the turrets do not get destroyed.

Also people probably aren't used to playing with junglers pre-level 30 anyways.

Friesguy

10-13-2012

1 v 2ing top lane is difficult, and requires lots of passive play. I've soloed top 1 v 2 and actually gotten fed since my jungler knew I'd need help. It also depends on the champ you pick. 1 v 2ing top lane as Gangplank or Jayce, or any bruiser with range really is much easier since you can farm from range, harass your opponents, and stay safe.

Duo top lanes push hard, so they're prone to jungle ganks. The solo laner will also level faster and have mroe gold, plus the jungler will be using two jungles to farm up and effectively control four buffs instead of the usual two. So in general, it's best to have a jungler than to not have a jungler.

However, if you're a jungler and your top laner sucks/ is feeding a duo lane, not only has the top laner failed, but you have as well. 1 v 2ing top lanes against laners like Rengar and Cho are a living hell and require lots of jungle help to not feed and lose the turret to early. 1 v 2ing Top lane is extremely difficult for champs with no range, so if you're a jungler and you know you're top laner will have a very bad time, camp top because in order to win, you'll have to make sure the enemy doesn't get fed off your top laner.

Macabrek

10-13-2012

Snake XT pretty much hit the nail on the head. Personally I like having junglers because it essentially gives you a second mid lane. Rushed exp, Higher cs, and if you play well enough it is really fun and challenging. It teaches you to play smarter rather than harder.
On the other side, its a dice role because you could be an amazing solo top, but your jungler isn't ganking or jungling well enough and they fall behind which will eventually cause them to be useless.

lambofhate

10-13-2012

i like jungling i just have no clue wtf im doing wrong i start at blue and go right to left (for blue side) or left to right(purple side) and i always end up behind by waay too much on lvl and farm i just had a game in which this happened i ended up going 9/9/10 not good as shaco maybe people don't want a jungler because they doubt the skill of the jungler if it's me or someone like me as jungler then yeah you wouldnt want that jungler so people fear that possibility of failure.

Sky Mence

10-13-2012

People are bad and arent brave enough to solo top.
Sry.

Sexual Healing

10-13-2012

What is this experience of league that you sub 30s are having?

play some more games and you'll have other issues to complain about. promise.

RockJockey

10-14-2012

A good player is always an invaluable asset. Doesn't matter the role, whether it be Offtank top, ap caster mid, RADC bot, support bot, or jungler.

I am no jungler. I am tank/support bot. I only jungle when no one else will, and I always choose Olaf. (Olaf is one of the easiest junglers: long-range AoE slow, built in LS/SV/AD, plus True dmg and an Anti-CC Ult) SO take my advice with a grain of salt.

Jungler unfortunately is IMO one of the hardest roles because it requires high mobility, map awareness, counter-strategics, and rigid flexibility.
-You must be able to provide good ganks to 3 lanes early and often. After level 3-4 If you haven't started ganking you will hear people saying "WTF no ganks?"
-You have to work with a laner who is not always ready for the gank, cuz he's OOM, not enough health, ult on CD, or isn't map aware as you when you type, then ping that you want to initiate.
-You must also be able to stay leveled up, requiring you to clear jungle while keeping the enemy jungler out and away from Dragon.
-If you're teammates aren't doing well, they start blaming the jungler when more often than not it is their faulty gameplay that is causing them to die.
-And if you tell your lanemates to not push, they will start pushing as hard as they can.
-You have to be able to be able to change your build as the game progresses to counter the other team.

Mnimi

10-14-2012

i hate jungeling