Sivir!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idiot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

It's been so long since Riot had looked at Sivir,
I love Sivir, I love the aspect and the potential that she has, her passive makes her a kiting monster and the q and w is simply amazing.
A few grudges I have against her is that her short autoattack range. Her autoattack range only has a range of 500, shortest of all AD carries, whereas other ADs have about 550.
Sivir has been remade before, I know. Sivir has been completely rejected after her remade. I think Riot should do justice by making a few improvements to her.
I honestly believe that her autoattack range should be raised a little bit, enough presence in a team fight without putting herself at risk. It's a small but noticeable change. I also would love to see better mana use on Sivir. Just 2 boomerangs and you would be left with only a third of your mana.
I love this champion and I would like to see her more often in games, rather than new players buying her and trying her out only to realize that they don't like her.

Oh and her model is old D:

Riot, Morello, please restore some of the 'forgotten' champions to their former glory.

Best Zod NA

10-13-2012

Quote:
Her autoattack range only has a range of 500, shortest of all AD carries, whereas other ADs have about 550.
She has a very long ranged poke and a passive that increases her MS on successful auto-attacks.

She doesn't need more range.

Idiot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
She has a very long ranged poke and a passive that increases her MS on successful auto-attacks.

She doesn't need more range.
At the cost of huge mana. Her MS is only active on hitting champions, so she would have to go with range while the enemy AD that probably outranges her.
If the enemy were smart in laning phase, they'd hide behind minions and cause Sivir to push lane if she wanted to poke and have the boomerang reduce damage through the minion wave.
Her boomerang is nothing like EZ's essence flux.
50 range difference between other ADC and her in teamfight can make the world of difference. The difference between focusing a tank or the bruiser in the front, kiting, or being smashed to death.

Best Zod NA

10-13-2012

Quote:
At the cost of huge mana. Her MS is only active on hitting champions, so she would have to go with range while the enemy AD that probably outranges her.
Run mana regen runes. They can't just disengage from you, you win trades with your passive/aa reset/BB/spell shield to eat counter harass.

Quote:
Her boomerang is nothing like EZ's essence flux.
It's better.

Quote:
50 range difference between other ADC and her in teamfight can make the world of difference.
Luckily she has a spell shield/MS passive/long range, high damage poke/team-wide MS/AS boost to make up for that 50 range.

Idiot

10-13-2012

Quote:
Run mana regen runes. They can't just disengage from you, you win trades with your passive/aa reset/BB/spell shield to eat counter harass.

It's better.

Luckily she has a spell shield/MS passive/long range, high damage poke/team-wide MS/AS boost to make up for that 50 range.
Utility comes after survivability.
AD carries NEED their rune pages to be strictly sustain/damage. -.-
Spell shield eats ONE Spell. In team fights there's TONS of cc and damage being thrown at the ADC.
EZ's Essence flux gives/reduces attack speed. As a form of a debuff, it's better than any flat damage spells.

Best Zod NA

10-13-2012

Quote:
Utility comes after survivability.
If you're a completely selfish derp playing solo queue, yes, I suppose. Otherwise, teamwide buffs are awesome.

Quote:
AD carries NEED their rune pages to be strictly sustain/damage. -.-
Unless you're playing a mana-hungry harass-heavy AD carry.

Quote:
Spell shield eats ONE Spell. In team fights there's TONS of cc and damage being thrown at the ADC.
In lane, one spell is enough to win a trade. In teamfights, you time it well and use your kiting ability.

Quote:
EZ's Essence flux gives/reduces attack speed. As a form of a debuff, it's better than any flat damage spells.
On The Hunt gives attack and movement speed. As a form of buff, it's better than any flat damage spells, right?

Idiot

10-13-2012

In other words, she requires high skill cap for a champion that is 450 IP. Her spell shield requires timing and her positioning/kiting would have to be near perfection to utilize.
If you have to put mana runes on a champion for it to use its spells effectively then that's a caster, not an AD carry.
Mana use is poor during laning phase - which is crucial if it limits your farm.
Teamfight for an AD carry is being at a distance throwing auto attacks to the closest target without putting yourself at a huge risk.

Do you know how attentive a person have to be in a teamfight to use the spellshield so perfect that they block only CC spells and not damage ones? I sure don't, and I dont think I would want to try.
You would have to spellshield at the EXACT moment to block that ONE single particular spell out of 20 from the enemy team
I'd love to have that reflex.

Ezreal has a spell buff to himself/ally and debuff to the enemy if he hits.
You can't say oh just press ULT to cancel that. It's clearly not how it works.

I'm not going into more detail about that. I just want a Sivir buff which she desperately needs in my opinion. I'm not here to push out other ideas and would appreciate it if you don't. You trying to criticize every respond I made is getting redundant and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.
If Sivir requires this much unique specification like you said then yes, she needs to be changed or buffed.

Obviously I'm not saying make it so Sivir has the same range as the other ADs, I was maybe asking for halfway, 525 or something.
If she had the same range then she would definitely be overpowered. Hard poke with that autoattack W reset is too much.

Best Zod NA

10-13-2012

Quote:
I just want a Sivir buff which she desperately needs in my opinion
She's fine. She's a great carry with solid pushing power, strong harass, and excellent utility. She has her own unique style, and her own unique strengths.

Idiot

10-13-2012

Quote:
She's fine. She's a great carry with solid pushing power, strong harass, and excellent utility. She has her own unique style, and her own unique strengths.
She ain't a Corki

PuffyBoob

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiotic View Post
It's been so long since Riot had looked at Sivir,
I love Sivir, I love the aspect and the potential that she has, her passive makes her a kiting monster and the q and w is simply amazing.
A few grudges I have against her is that her short autoattack range. Her autoattack range only has a range of 500, shortest of all AD carries, whereas other ADs have about 500.
Sivir has been remade before, I know. Sivir has been completely rejected after her remade. I think Riot should do justice by making a few improvements to her.
I honestly believe that her autoattack range should be raised a little bit, enough presence in a team fight without putting herself at risk. It's a small but noticeable change. I also would love to see better mana use on Sivir. Just 2 boomerangs and you would be left with only a third of your mana.
I love this champion and I would like to see her more often in games, rather than new players buying her and trying her out only to realize that they don't like her.

Oh and her model is old D:

Riot, Morello, please restore some of the 'forgotten' champions to their former glory.
Sivir doesn't need buffs, sivir is honestly one of my top favorite AD carries and I don't believe she should be buffed or nerfed. i use cleanse and my E in compensation to her 550 range and her R makes her a super kiter. I agree though her model is very old, which is why I haven't purchased a skin (i only like pax sivir).

She is pretty much a solid counter-pick for many AD champions in the game. The only one I'd say she has a little trouble with is a draven, where her spellshield can only really absorb his E or the first or second proc of the lawn mower of death.

edit: I was planning on making a sivir guide because she's such a fun, yet high skilled champion to play. I think any buff would honestly put her over the balanced line and people would definitely start QQing.