Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Climbing Out, My journey out of 'Elo Hell'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Remember that you can Duo Queue with me!
Only requirement is that you keep a positive attitude and are at least level 30
so you can access ranked!
Thanks!

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Bump
I really don't want this to die

Poon Jab

10-13-2012

So been playing about 2 months been 30 for a bit and been wanting to make the plunge into ranked. I'm following and wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Always looking for someone with a positive attitude.
I like top lane and jungle for the most part.
Mitch

andre147

10-13-2012

hey man looking for someone to duo ranked with a possitve attitude
wanna try?
*currente elo : 1220
*support/mid/top
*favorite champs: jax,soraka.katarina,teemo(yeah i love teemo<3)

Goaticus Maximus

10-14-2012

Quote:
AnthonyMagnafici:
So pretty much I'm going to improve my elo as much as I can, updating you via this post on my progress, and giving you some helpful tips that I learn along the way.

Stay tuned to see how my journey out of 'elo hell' turns out, you might learn a thing or two!

Some quick info:

Summoner Level: 30
IGN: AnthonyMagnafici
Current Elo: 702
HIghest Elo: 1023
Roles: ALL!
Favorite Champions: Warwick(Jungle), Morgana(Mid), Graves(AD Carry), Soraka(Support), and Vladimir(Top Lane).
How long I've been playing: 4 or 5 months!

If you have any questions, any tips, any help, or need any help/tips, leave a reply, I'll be reading all replies!

Lastly, if you want to play with me (Duo, of course), then similarly leave a reply below, and I will get back to you immediately!

Thanks!

Want to play? Need some help? Need to talk to me about something?
Add me on the NA server! IGN - AnthonyMagnafici

Tips for all the low elo players out there

10/13 Tip1: Never be afraid to try out different roles! I know that a lot of people say to focus on
2 or 3 different champs and main them so that you can raise up your elo, but experimenting
with different roles and different champions can be a lot of fun, and improve your game as well!

10/13 Tip2: Don't know how to play against a champion? Play AS the champion!
Playing as a champion you don't have experience with can help you play against
that very same champion, since you know their play style and their tendencies!

10/13 Tip3: Don't surrender! Keep playing! Surrendering because it LOOKS like you're going
to lose is never a good thing! I've seen many a game where it looked as though the team was
going to lose, but a good play by the losing team turns it around in an instant.

10/13 Tip4: Mad at the game? Take a break! A huge mistake players make is playing games
while they're mad. When you're mad you can't focus correctly, and play way to aggressively,
causing you to die a lot! Cooldown a bit before playing another game. I recommend browsing
the forums or using The Tribunal to earn IP whilst not actually in a game.

Good luck to you bro, you're going to need it. The best thing you can do is focus on your own metrics and I would highly suggest picking one champion you can play in a few different roles instead of trying to fill them all, you will learn faster this way.

As the great Dyrus once said, your problem is you play too many champions and you need to focus on one and master it. If you look at westrice in season 1 he played akali for like 800 + games, hotshot played nidalee almost exclusively, dyrus played singed almost exclusively, phantomlord played karthus, jiji mostly played anivia but also was very well known for heimer, same thing with dan dihn. Regi mained shaco... etc.... All of these guys played these roles almost the entire season and filled w/e role they got. It's not about some hero player that can play every role perfectly. Most of the pros will tell you they have a general knowledge and can play all the roles effectively, but they only master in one and that's what you have to do to begin with.

Once you learn how to win in every lane with one champion, then you can start applying that to other champions that are similar and very slowly you will begin to fully understand the game.

Take it from someone who has been up to 1500+ and all the way down to 900 elo, I have tried the play everything and work with the trolls etc. At the end of the day, the only thing you can affect is yourself and your own metrics. Learn to master yourself and then you have to learn to work with your team. If you own, and your team blows you will still lose and you can't fix this. League is a team game, more so than dota, and you will never win by yourself. You cannot effectively carry in this game, despite the fact that we call ap's and ad characters carries they are nothing of the sort. Stick to what you can control, learn to work with what you have and you should slowly gain elo.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

AnthonyMagnafici

10-14-2012

Thanks for all of the support guys!
I haven't been playing games for the past 10 hours because I was watching the world championships, but now I'm back to playing ranked Solo/Duo.
If you want to play with me, add me in game:
AnthonyMagnafici
NA Server
Thanks!

Panub

10-14-2012

What his your elo at now> i would ranked queu with you in about 5 hours

Rezo

10-14-2012

Quote:
AnthonyMagnafici:

Stay tuned to see how my journey out of 'elo hell' turns out, you might learn a thing or two!

Tips for all the low elo players out there

10/13 Tip1: Never be afraid to try out different roles! I know that a lot of people say to focus on
2 or 3 different champs and main them so that you can raise up your elo, but experimenting
with different roles and different champions can be a lot of fun, and improve your game as well!

10/13 Tip2: Don't know how to play against a champion? Play AS the champion!
Playing as a champion you don't have experience with can help you play against
that very same champion, since you know their play style and their tendencies!

You won't be leaving elo hell before the season ends. Throw away your tip1 and tip2...i mean its fine to try out different roles and champions just do it in normal. I think 2 champs for each role and knowing 2-3 roles would be ideal. Be ready for season 3 when the gates open as each victory loss is worth like 45 elo for your first few games and thats how you make your escape.

Though I am most certain many will disagree with me but its my opinion that elo hell is like 1200-1600. I say this because its a mix of people that know how to play well and people that can't play for beans. I've seen 1500 players that play amazing and 1500 players that belong at sub 1000 elo. At your elo of 700 if you can play a strong carry well you can make far more of an impact than you could at higher elos...you might still lose but carry hard enough and people in the game are more likely to listen to you when you tell them to do something.

(on a seperate side note...this might just be my bad luck but has anyone noticed that if top pick choses support the chances that hes bad are really high?)