Elo Hell Is Actually Real...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VMystikage

10-13-2012

Why or how?

1) Would you agree that the higher the elo the less amount of afks, trolls, feeders, and noobs there are? Yes (Not saying there isn't any, there certainly is, just not nearly as much as low/no elo)
2) Would you agree that no matter how well you do, if you have afks, feeders, or trolls you can still lose? Yes

From those two points it makes sense that in low elo, you will have a lot of afks, trolls, feeders, players who aren't ready but think they are, etc. You have to start with the same elo regardless if you're good or bad meaning you will match with these players. This means that even if you are good (do what you're supposed to) you can/will still lose.

The way to move up elo is to keep doing good and hope the law of averages will slowly put you higher and higher. Let's say you play at a 1600 elo level, you still start with 1000-1300 elo and match with players stated above. Sometimes you'll match with good players, sometimes you won't. You might win 7 and lose 2, then lose 10 and win 3. You match with the same elos, but not all "same" elos are the same. It's essentially a 1600elo player being paired with 1200elo players because you HAVE to start there.

So given this even someone better can lose more games and have lower elo than someone worse because they matched with good same elos. Over time this will even out and people will start to fall into their "elos," But for the most part you can't control and luck plays a big part of it. If you are a "1600 elo" player keep doing the best you can, it might take you a few weeks, it might take you a couple months, depending on your luck. After you slowly make it high enough where there are less and less trolls, afks, and feeders you can have more stable matches.

UgmoDuck

10-13-2012

There are still feeders, trolls, and afk's at higher elo's. I would say there are a little less, not not much. Elo hell is a personal thing not a straight elo thing. Elo hell for some is at 800, others at 1400. There is a different way of thinking at different elo's and thats why its hars to get out.
You might expect the team or a player (freind or foe) to do something in a situation and they do something off the wall that you were not expecting.
Just cross your fingers and hope fot the best. If you play enough games you will get out.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

The real definition of "elo hell" is being stuck at a lower elo than you should be, because you're not good enough to carry bad team members. If you should be ranked at 1500, but are currently ranked at 1200, you're going to be dominating up until you start getting close to the elo you should be at.

At 1400, the skill disparity between you and the other players in the match isn't as great as it used to be, and all of a sudden feeding lanes and other stupid teammate decisions drive you crazy. At that point you scream "ELO HELL"

Meteoria

10-13-2012

Im in elo hell because untill recently i thought i was an immortal god. Though i usually am on rumble, thats besides the point. Ive learned how to play as a team recently but i have no net till nov. i cant get out of elo hell not cause of others but cause i cant go carry others.

SovietBlade

10-13-2012

elo hell is when you can't carry any more.
so it's basically a delusion made up by bad players who feel like they deserve better elo.

VMystikage

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBlade View Post
elo hell is when you can't carry any more.
so it's basically a delusion made up by bad players who feel like they deserve better elo.
"Elo hell is when you can't carry anymore"

So what I'm getting is elo hell is only about carrying your team not about being good. But we clearly agreed that some teams just aren't carry able no matter how good you do. So even if you play better than everyone (hence should be at higher elo) but your team trolls, afk, feeds, and throws and costs you to lose, you deserve to be there? That seems unfair.

VMystikage

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paqi View Post
The real definition of "elo hell" is being stuck at a lower elo than you should be, because you're not good enough to carry bad team members. If you should be ranked at 1500, but are currently ranked at 1200, you're going to be dominating up until you start getting close to the elo you should be at.

At 1400, the skill disparity between you and the other players in the match isn't as great as it used to be, and all of a sudden feeding lanes and other stupid teammate decisions drive you crazy. At that point you scream "ELO HELL"
And being "stuck" at an elo lower than you should be is what I'm saying is elo hell. Agreed with you. But saying you're stuck at lower elo than you should be because you aren't good enough to carry them... is a bit contradicting. It's saying you deserve to be higher but you don't because you can't carry your team who feeds, afks, trols, and throw. Like that's even up to your control.

But yes, you will dominate and wins some and then lose some because no matter how good your you simply can't carry every team. Even 2000elo can't always carry 1000elo games. Carrying requires your team to meet you half way. No go 4v5 or 3v5 and still win.

Deater101

10-13-2012

It's all about attitude.

Fiveofswords

10-13-2012

you are forgetting that among your opps you also see more trolls, feeders, noobs, afkers

i would say that for me there may be some truth to elo hell becuase when my teamates look stupid to me, i dont play well...dont try to....so i will fail to pick up their slack.

t0ad5

10-13-2012

Elo hell is not when you cannot carry your team, it is when the team is too bad to be carried.

If you aren't aware, please take these examples (the constistant experience in elo hell):
There is a mini map?
Why ward or use abilities when I can face check the bush?
What is this "positioning" you speak of?
What do you mean the adc isnt the tank and should be in the back?
Why protect the jungle when I can sit in lane and wait for minions to arrive?
We don't see the enemy anywhere on the map, and we keep dying solo in the jungle.. I should go back into the jungle again, without my team, right? Surely they left after they have gotten 3-4 kills?

Gets boring being unable to influcence the end result because of such, and it is consistant.