Season 2 World Finals: Summoner Icon Giveaway and Pro Showmatch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyru

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jina The Child View Post
why is the icon being just give away? isnt it only for the people who actually went to the finals? thats kinda unfair that we pair for the summoner icon and now they just get it for free.. we paid what... $60? just to get that icon and its just free now? kindly post a reply..
It was stated long ago that everyone can get the code for the summoner icon. People who went, got the championship riven skin free, plus a swag bag. Stop Whining.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

10-14-2012
10 of 22 Riot Posts

There seems to be an enormous amount of confusion, so let me try to put a lot of detail into a single thread.

1. Last night during the stream of the League of Legends World Championship, a link (bit.ly/lolriven) and stream code (521337) were given out so that everyone watching the stream at home could submit their username (used to login to the game), summoner name (the name you see in game), and server (the server you play on) to a special website.
2. Everyone watching the stream has 24 hours (until midnight tonight 11:59 pm PDT) to enter the code (521337) into the site (bit.ly/lolriven).
3. On Monday, we will be downloading all the submitted names, verifying the codes and granting the summoner icons to their accounts. As you can imagine LOTS of people from servers all over the world have submitted their information, so this process with NOT be instant, hence we said that you will see the icon unlocked on your account during the week (Monday Oct 15th - Sunday Oct 21st) following the world championship.
4. Once you get the Summoner Icon, it will remain on your account.

What is a QQID?
Tencent uses these instead of Summoner Names in China.

What is a Garena ID?
Garena uses these instead of Summoner Names.

Do I get the Champioship Riven skin too?
No. You can buy the Championship Riven skin in the League of Legends store for a limited time. The skin was given out to attendees of the live event in Los Angeles.

What if I went to the live event in Los Angeles and didn't get a skin in my bag?
Contact Player Support.

iFeelYourFunBags

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

hey i got the skin code, that's active for twenty four hours, from watching it live, and as soon as it was given out, you can no longer redeem in store codes, what gives riot, this is cheating people out of a very cool skin, because of this am i not gonna be able to redeem if its not active again within the given time period, this is ridiculous, I'm not paying ten dollars for a skin i already have the code for....
- disgruntled lolfreak

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

10-14-2012
11 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aInsaneLegend View Post
hey i got the skin code, that's active for twenty four hours, from watching it live, and as soon as it was given out, you can no longer redeem in store codes, what gives riot, this is cheating people out of a very cool skin, because of this am i not gonna be able to redeem if its not active again within the given time period, this is ridiculous, I'm not paying ten dollars for a skin i already have the code for....
- disgruntled lolfreak
That code is for the Summoner icon.

Read the post directly about yours for more detail.

iFeelYourFunBags

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
That code is for the Summoner icon.

Read the post directly about yours for more detail.
thats not what the announcer said =(

Dr Clueless PhD

10-14-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure it is. I saw it.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

10-14-2012
12 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Which language stream where you watching?

The English stream made this clear, but I want to be sure that we did not have crossed wires on any of our other streams. (http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/335495503 @4:31:00 Rivington says: "We have a code that you can redeem to unlock the season 2 championship Riven icon for absolutely free.")

BelligerentGnu

10-14-2012

Bazner, I fell for a troll early on in the broadcast who posted a false code - i assumed I had missed it. I later found out my mistake and saw the correct code, and submitted that. Will I still get the icon?

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

10-14-2012
13 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Bazner, I fell for a troll early on in the broadcast who posted a false code - i assumed I had missed it. I later found out my mistake and saw the correct code, and submitted that. Will I still get the icon?
Yes. A LOT of people fell for the troll, if you submitted a second time with the proper information, you are fine.

Venaccio

10-14-2012

Why can't I redeem my skin? It was advertised that event attendees would have access to the skin before the rest of the world, but it's actually turning out to be quite the opposite. The rest of the world can buy the skin while those who were at the event can't even redeem it.