Udyr or Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurplePhillipino

10-12-2012

I need a new jungler champion and I am having trouble deciding between Udyr or Shaco.
Both are 3150 ip and would you guys help me decide which one to buy. Thanks

IRIeflex

Master Recruiter

10-12-2012

Um i personally like shaco because i like champions that can teleport and i like shaco's skills but that is just me i would look at thier basic traits like health attack and then i would look at their skills and think about what one fits your style of gameplay

LSA

10-12-2012

Shaco is really difficult to use. If you don't snowball from the beginning, you're going to be really useless later. Udyr is a safe pick, he's not hard to use.

Melanth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2012

Really depends on your playstyle and what you're looking for in a champion.

Udyr is mechanically easy to learn and has one of the fastest clears in the game. He has decent early ganks so long as the lane has some cc to combo with, but is extremely reliant on red buff for a successful gank. Turns into a nigh unkillable bruiser late. Udyr is who you pick if you want to run around punching stuff in the face

Shaco is pretty much the opposite of Udyr - while Shaco can clear at a decent speed, his kit is built around ganking everything. Very strong early, his ganks are the stuff of nightmares. He has a very high skill cap due to the mechanics of his jitbs and clone, though. He falls off in the mid to late game and becomes a splitpusher/assassin. You pick Shaco if you want to outplay everyone and have an influence in every lane.

fastplay

10-13-2012

I would udyr beacuse I feel shaco is a bit up also I just puting this out their but Olaf if you do not have him since he a good jungle with a fast clear time + he can build tanky and still do a lot of damage with his e.

Stiergott

10-13-2012

Shaco is an assassin. Udyr is a bruiser. They both have different playstyles, but what it boils down to is this: Shaco is really squishy, and pretty bad in team fights. Udyr is a lot more tanky, but can be prone to getting kited. IMO Udyr is better, since Shaco NEEDS to have successful ganks early on to be at least somewhat useful. Udyr can farm really effectively and scales well into late game.

IMO, if you want an assassin jungler, pick Diana. Between Shaco and Udyr, I'd definitely go with Udyr

PurplePhillipino

10-13-2012

From past videos that I have seen with Shaco and Udyr, I seem to have a favor more to Udyr than Shaco. Thank you guys for helping decide. You guys did put a decent amount of influence over the decision and I will be buying Udyr. Once again, thank you.