A logical explanation at Lulu's eccentric nature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

10-12-2012

This is all a theory, but it has been in my head for awhile.
Lulu has been around for..... several centuries. Let's say, 500, maybe 600.
She is kept alive more than likely through Pix's magic, who also probably bestowed magic upon her.
As we know, Lulu is quite well known for her lulzy nature, which is amusing to the fans. There is a darker side to this.
Lulu is kept in an indefinite state of youth. Her physical appearance has been kept at the exact same age and appearance she was when she entered the glade. However, she is only PHYSICALLY young. As one ages, the mind can become confused and detaches from reality. Dimentia and other forms of mental illness becomes increasingly common as one gets more and more older.
Pix is theoretically, forcefully keeping her young so that she never ages via his magic. As a result, her brain has had several centuries to decay as we shall put it.
In addition, Pix also more then likely blocked out certain memories/repressed desires to rejoin Yordle kind for a very long time. Why? Because he didn't want her to leave of course. In addition, as is mentioned, the Glade has properties to make the outside world feel distant and surreal, making them feel more pretend instead of reality, thus allowing those memories to vanish as they feel more like fiction than fact. Now then, we combine the giggling childish personality of, well, a child, and give that mind several centuries to deteriorate.
The majority of what Lulu says is illogical, random, and lacks much sense to it. As certain memories and logic to her become further and further distant as her mind ages, she slowly loses a grip on reality, progressing into a downward spiral until the point where her brain is unable to function on it's own.
Her current mental state may be seen as a technical form of Dimentia, she possibly still believe she is a child. Notice how when she returned to Bandle City, she did not display sadness at the fact that everyone she had known had been long dead. She simply carried on and tried to make new friends. It is possible a majority of her actions are puppeted by Pix, or her memories of her parents and friends long since passed into the inner recesses of her brain, forgotten for a long time, and all she knows is that a lengthy period of time has passed, she does not remember anything else.
In addition to this, as I mentioned, physically she retains youth. However she is kept alive SOLELY by Pix. If for whatever reason Pix were to stop keeping her in her child state, the surge of time would collapse onto her. This is seen in her death animation where she disintegrates in a poof. After all these centuries, she would not simply die and fall over, she would have long passed the point of decay and skeletonization.
I am going to draw a point. Lulu's behavior is a sign of mental decay, she is constantly kept alive by Pix, who also bestowed magic upon her, and as she continues to exist, her brain will continue to age. Her Yordle brain was not designed to function for this long of a period of time, which may be the cause of her eccentric nature/dimentia
Again, just a theory, but something I found interesting enough to point out

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I think the fact that she can concentrate hard enough to turn someone into a squirrel speaks very highly of her mental acuity.

Trolosaurus

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
I think the fact that she can concentrate hard enough to turn someone into a squirrel speaks very highly of her mental acuity.
It is my personal belief that Pix is in control of all of Lulu's magic.
The only reason she is able to cast these spells is because Pix casts them for her/gives her magic. It is never said in her lore she learned magic, as such, this is my personal belief.

Wickian

10-12-2012

Time passes differently in the Glade. She lost track of time while playing(could have been a few hours, day or maybe a few years) and when she decided it was time to go home several hundred years passed.

As they say "Time flies when you're having fun".

As for how eccentric she is, she is either naturally strange or went through the opposite of what Veiger did. Instead of being tortured in a negative environment isolation of other Yordles, she went crazy in a happy-go-lucky kind of way.

Her magic might only be possible because of Pix(this isn't mentioned at all), but if true he might only be able to materialize her imagination, so it's hard to say it isn't her magic entirely.

Leotamer

10-12-2012

When you think about, yordles brains tend to act much differantly then ares. I will not say it is a metal problem , but rather an adaption. Yordles are happy-go-lucky by nature, however, they tend to have a "darker" or "stranger" side in order to survive. For example, Teemo, in his lore, states that he is a freindly yordle while out of combat, but a heartless killer in it. This is for a simple reason: the people of runeterra was normally in puerperal war, without this adaption he probably would refuse to fight and die. Veigar could be a even more of an extreme case, or could just be insane. I will say that only a few yordles are like this, this is probably due to the lack of need of said adaption as they are willing to fight anyways. What does this have to due to lulu? Lulu is the polar oppistie of Veigar. Yordles are normally not very good "mages", Veigar got his desire/power to use magic though going in insane, Lulu just is insane of the other side of the spectum.

Cerubois

10-12-2012

Her eccentricity itself could be quite normal to her. I believe she might have an extreme case of Synesthesia. Hence the "Yep! That tasted purple!" remark. It makes sense, and it's interesting to me (being a non-synesthesiac).

PlayGooYa

10-13-2012

All of this is needlessly complicated.

Lulu is inspired by myths and legends of changelings and The Fair Folk. There's been a resurgence in using this as fodder in recent fantasy fiction, as popularized by authors like Neil Gaiman (Sandman comic books).

Google it.

LTman86

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

So the Glade is actually a portal to Wonderland?

Heh, I love the Grimm Fairy Tales Wonderland comic series. So maddening, and horrifying.

Mondreus

10-13-2012

I don't think so.

Time is different on the Glade. This means, while hundred years passed on Runeterra, only a few months have passed on the Glade (probably). Lulu is almost as young as when she entered with Pix.
Also, her personality is like that just because of the marvels she found on the Glade, as well as her innate dreamy nature.

Trolosaurus

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondreus View Post
I don't think so.

Time is different on the Glade. This means, while hundred years passed on Runeterra, only a few months have passed on the Glade (probably). Lulu is almost as young as when she entered with Pix.
Also, her personality is like that just because of the marvels she found on the Glade, as well as her innate dreamy nature.
I'd have to disagree with this
I think time flows the same in the Glade, it's just that while it flows naturally, the process of it is warped and slowed.
So when one is in the Glade, time passes by naturally, but the effects of it are halted significantly. When outside, it will begin to flow as normal.
Which leads to another theory, when one exits the Glade, do they age as normal again?